Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: **Released: '300 Warlords of Sparta**.

Default Re: **Released: '300 Warlords of Sparta**.

ok and after copying the alex.exe?

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what route gollum is taking you down.

This is what I would suggest.

Install the mod to a folder on your system ie; My documents/Downloads

Then copy the mod into your Alexander folder.

Make a copy of the Alexander exec and change the target line as per the image below.

Start the exec.

wrong...give me the same ing african cathapract error!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Install RTW wherever you want (example D:/My Games/Rome - Total War)
    Patch it to 1.5
    Install Alex wherever you want (example C:/Program Files/The Creative Assembly/Rome - Total War)
    Copy the "alexander" folder and the RTW-ALX.exe files inside the main RTW directory (inside "D:/My Games/Rome - Total War").
    Install the mod, pointing the installer to the main RTW directory (inside "D:/My Games/Rome - Total War")

If that doesn't work, I give up.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

I don't believe Aradan gives up for any reason, this is a nonsense

I'll sell my right arm for opportunity to know what dark plans are preparing in your heads guys (I mean what's cooking in your little modding kitchen after releasing Warlords of Sparta )
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

I give up..following aradan it ctds: "error mount database."

thanks for your help and keep up this good jobteam!! itīs a pity but...I dont know what to do more

Start the RTW version where you are trying to put 300 WoS - start it from the RTW.exe that is in the top level of that folder (so you know you're in right one of your versions)

go into 'options' screen and check it says 1.5 in top right hand corner.

It's worth double checking.... If you've got multiple versions of RTW on computer they aren't all necessarily at same patch level. The patch only updates the one that's on the path you originally installed to - so if you want multiple copies of RTW patched to 1.5 you have to make the copy of the original one after you patched it. Also having installed BI which can be at either 1.4 or 1.6 level, doesn't necessarily mean your RTW in same folder is at right patch level. One of the ways of installing BI actually put RTW back to wrong level.... the RTW side of an installation that has BI working can be at either 1.3 or 1.5... 300WOS definitely needs 1.5....

Great mod, you have nailed the feel of phalanx combat and its a pleasure to see Greek Hopolite warfare done right.

No Greek victory over Persia, no Rome, and eventually no Western Democracy.
    No Western Democracy no modern Europe as we know it.

We owe them boys a debt of gratitude.

Downloading Now, Looks Awsome and im glad its a folder mod

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Oh,just for fun ask RedFox for his SPARTAN....oh ayeeeeeeeeeeee(It is a HALO spartan ^_*). Congrats on release downloading.

Ummm question...Wasn't there suppose to be missions and scripted events within the mod (such as the oracle giving you missions to liberate provinces from the Persians) because I'm down to the year 420, about 120 turns, and I haven't got a single scripted event besides Thermopalye and the Athen's refugees in the very begining? Very fun mod but dissapointing that aspect of the game doesn't seem to be functioning for me. (I'm playing classical) Any help or idea of why it's not working

Blog Entries

I'd be surprised if you've not met any of the conditions, have you definitely re-triggered the script every time you run the mod?. Have you checked the Oracles traits?, that's where the missions appear and whether you've completed or failed them.

What do you mean by re-triggering the scripts when I run the mod? I know they appear in the Oracle's traits. The only event I got was the Athen's refugees and then when I took Athen's back rather quickly the Oracle announced their return. There was no battle of Platea.

Blog Entries

When you start the mod the script automatically runs, however if you quit out and run the mod again you have to click on one of your settlements (or a unit) to re-activate the script.

Platea runs about 8 turns into the mod so you should have fought it before you were able to take back Athens.

All of this is explained in the features thread.

Can you put up a screen shot of the Oracles info page (traits), and a shot of your radar map so I can see how far you've got?. Maybe you just haven't met any of the conditions.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; October 06, 2009 at 06:59 PM.

For the Oracle's traits it just says "Athens Refugees." I think I met all those criterias that were in the features as I've conquered all of greece, except 2 barbian rebel settlments, and conquered almost all the way up to Byzantion where I'm fighting the persians. I have all the islands on the western side of Greece and I control all of Crete.

And yes I did start the mod once and then quit it just to take a look at it when I first downloaded it. Then I started a new campaign so I'm guessing that was the problem. I had a few problems early on where I quit and then when I started the campaign again Xerxe's army avoided fighting the 300. This happened a few times and then one time when I started over Xerxes attacked Leonidas and all seemed well.

Now I was having so much fun with the mod, some very nice battles and conquering, that it dawned on me that the Oracle appeared useless in the campaign to which I now discover the very long list of scripted events that take place. So as to not be confused, are you saying to retrigger the mod I would have to start the campaign over and click on ANY unit or building? I'm not quite sure what you mean as it would appear I did that when i started over before.

And also on a side note there is no Krypterion. I have Sparta as a huge city. I could build a House of Gerusia but not a Krypterion at all.

Blog Entries

Ahh, I think I can see, at least part, of the problem.

When you start a campaign then quit out of the game 'but not out of RTW' and then start a 'new campaign' the script is not automatically activated.

It sounds to me as though that might be what you did.

You missed out on the 'extras' mainly the battle of Platea, possibly the partisan units you get when taking a few regions (ie; Larrisa), I think the Kryptia is also scripted, and the Oracles missions.

Ahhh alright I think I see what you mean. I never knew you could mess w the script and triggers in such a way by harmlessly quitting a campaign. So I'm assuming you're saying as long as I don't start a campaign and quit to the main menu and start all over the script will be fine. But if I start a campaign and then quit but leave "RTW" to the desktop then start the game up again then my campaign will have no problem is that correct?
    So if I was to get on the game right now and start a new campaign, would that mean the script would be ok?
    Also if I have to load a game would that mess w the script?

Blog Entries

So I'm assuming you're saying as long as I don't start a campaign and quit to the main menu and start all over the script will be fine. But if I start a campaign and then quit but leave "RTW" to the desktop then start the game up again then my campaign will have no problem is that correct?
    Yep.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    (on the first turn you fight Thermopylea, you then have about 8 turns before the battle of Platea, the armies for that are scripted. After Platea, depending on the result, the AI makes a couple of moves on the map then hands control back to you. From then on there are scripted missions which have event msgs)..

So if I was to get on the game right now and start a new campaign, would that mean the script would be ok?
    As long as you've followed the install instructions.

Yep.

Also if I have to load a game would that mess w the script?
    As long as it was started correctly it should be fine.

Remember each time you go back to your campaign to click on a settlement before you do anything else, this is how the script is re-activated each time.

Okay gotcha. Thanks for answering my questions, it's much appreciated.

Great work!