View Poll Results: How many of you had the black drummers problem?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,the drummers are black,please fix this

38 59.38%
  • Not at all,the drummers appears in game as they should

26 40.63%
Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Svenska Armén "swedish army" V.1.5 (updated 20/8/2009) + other units

Default Svenska Armén "swedish army" V.1.5 (updated 20/8/2009) + other units

This mod is made by a true and deep historical research,the skins that you see here are made by me.
    today i'm going to present you my mod Svenska Armén,i noticed that there are several mods outside that gives lot's of units to the major factions,but i felt that sweden
    didn't have soo many units,so this little project focus on the swedish kingdom and his army,one of the greatest power of the north in the eighteen century.
    these are 100% accurate and historical 18Th century regiments.
    i hope that you will enjoy the new units

Updated 20/8/2009

Svenska Armén V.1.5

- This new version of Svenska Armén add four extra historical units,plus it fix drummers and officer's bug

- as requested by some of you i added the drabanter cavalry regiments,pikemen,artillery and the
    Värmlands fältjägare kĺr,all with their historical and accurate uniforms and statistics.

- in order to make more historical the game experience with sweden i divided the regiments in early
    and mid century units,so you will start now the campaign with five historical and accurate units that
    belonged to the beginning of the century,with the building of the military academy they will be
    replaced with the austrian war succession and seven years war period regiments.

- so now you have in total twentysix units!

- each regiment has his own personal icon and photo.

- IMPORTANT! : before install this version please,if you aleardy have an old version of "Sverige pack",delete it and replace it with this new version,add the pack in your data folder

- please remember that my mod is working with all the mods outside,becouse it adds only more units.

- P.S i uploaded some screenshots of the new units

- You can find the download link at the bottom.

here is the description of some units that i added recentely:

- Västerbottens Infantry -

Origin and History

The regiment was initially raised in 1615 as the Norrland Grand Regiment, one of the nine grand regiments organised by Gustavus Adolphus. It incorporated various fänikors (smaller units of about 500 men) from Västerbottens, Angermannia, Medelpadia, Hälsinge and Gestricia.
    In 1624, this grand regiment was organised into sub-units: three field regiments (Västerbottens, Hälsinge and a third regiment transferred to Navy service) and one cavalry regiment.
    Around 1684, the grand regiment was finally broken down into three distinct and independent regiments, giving birth to the Västerbottens Infantry regiment.
    At the beginning of the Seven Years' War, the regiment was understrength and consisted of only 1,056 privates in 2 battalions of 4 companies. Each company should have counted 150 privates and 11 officers, NCOs and musicians.

During the Seven Years' War, the regiment was commanded by:
    • E. Lagerbom
    Service During The Seven Year's War:

In 1757, six companies (about 900 men) of the regiment were sent to Pomerania.
    On September 28 1758, part of the regiment was among the Swedish force who successfully defended Fehbellin against a Prussian assault

- Posseska Regiment -

Origin and History

This permanent "Varvade" regiment was raised in 1743 at Stralsund where it assumed garrison duties. It consisted of 1,200 privates (mostly Germans) in 2 battalions of 4 companies. Each company had 150 privates and 11 officers, NCOs and musicians.
    In 1754, a few companies were stationed at Malmö.

• since 1743: Mauritz Posse
    • from 1760: Hamilton
    The regiment was disbanded in 1766 and its troops amalgamated to the Blixenska regiment.

During the Seven Years War:

Until 1757, 4 companies of the regiment garrisoned Stralsund in Swedish Pomerania while 600 men were stationed at Malmö and Helsingborg.
    By the end of August 1757, the entire regiment (about 1,200 men) had been transported across the Baltic towards Swedish Pomerania

- Närke-Värmlands Regiment -

Origin and History

The regiment was initially raised in 1614 as the “Södermanlands Grand Regiment”, one of the nine grand regiments organised by Gustavus Adolphus. It incorporated various fänikors (smaller units of about 500 men) from Södermanlands, Närke and Värmlands.
    In 1624, this grand regiment was organised into sub-units: three field regiments (Närke, Värmlands and Södermanlands) and one cavalry regiment. Two of these units were soon merged into a single one: the Närke-Värmlands Infantry.
    In 1634, a government regulation ranked the Södermanlands Regiment as fourth among the infantry regiments.
    On December 5 1682, the grand regiment was finally broken down into distinct and independent "Indelta" regiments, giving birth to the Närke-Värmlands Infantry regiments.
    At the beginning of the Seven Years' War, the regiment exceptionally consisted of 1,674 troopers in 2 battalions of 5 companies. Each company had 150 troopers and 11 officers, NCOs and musicians.

• F. Ribbing
    Service During The Seven Year's War:

In 1757, a battalion of the regiment (4 coys, about 600 men) was part of the expeditionary force sent to Pomerania under Field Marshal Mathias Alexander von Ungern Sternberg. The regiment remained in Pomerania until 1761.
    In 1758, 3 additional companies (500 men) of the regiment were sent to Pomerania to reinforce the Swedish expeditionary force operating against Prussia.

- Bla Hussar Regiment -

Origin and History

On December 19 1757, the baron Ungern-Sternberg mandated count Vutbus of Posseska Infantry and von Platen from Drottningens Livregemente to raise, by the end of April 1758, 2 hussar squadrons counting 100 men each.
    On June 20 1758, baron Wrangel raised a hussar regiment of 10 squadrons of 100 men each. The squadrons raised earlier by count Vutbus and von Platen were incorporated into this new regiment. Recruitment took place in Danzig and Lübeck, and partially in Sweden. The regiment was organised along the Prussian model and the language of command was German.
    On October 10 1761, the regiment contributed 5 squadrons to the newly raised Gula Husarenregiment while receiving an additional squadron. It now consisted of 6 squadrons for a total of 800 troopers.

During the Seven Years' War, the regiment was under the command of:
    • since June 20 1758: baron Wrangel
    • from October 10 1761: count Vutbus
    Service during the War

In 1758, the regiment, raised in Pomerania, reinforced the Swedish expeditionary force operating against Prussia. On November 18, a detachment of the regiment was part of general von Lingen's force at the combat of Güstow.

P.S

this unit was unique,so i decided that in the imperial campaign you can hire only one regiment.

- Österbottens Infantry-

Origin and History:

The Finnish regiment was created in 1620. It became an Indelta regiment in 1733.
    In 1634, a government regulation ranked the Österbottens Regiment 20th among the infantry regiments.
    In 1699, the regiment garrisoned Riga. In 1702, it joined Schlippenbach's army but a detachment remained in Riga. This latter detachment joined Lewenhaupt's army in 1705. One battalion followed Lewenhaupt in the summer of 1708 when he advanced in Ukraine and fought at Liesna on September 28. This battalion finally surrendered a few days after the battle of Poltava in June 1709. The other battalion was captured by the Russian at Riga in 1710. However, the regiment was re-established during the same year and assigned to the army of Finland.
    In 1718, the regiment took part to general Armfeldt's campaign in Norway. After the peace of 1721, it returned to Finland.
    This Finnish regiment consisted of 1,200 privates in 2 battalions of 4 companies. Each company had 150 privates and 11 officers, NCOs and musicians.

• 1757: V. Carpelan
    Service during the War

In 1756, the regiment was reorganised, integrating the Kajana independent company as its 9th company. This brought its total force to 1,350 troopers.
    By the end of August 1757, 6 companies of the regiment (about 900 men) had been transported across the Baltic towards Swedish-Pomerania.

Svenska Armén.V.1.5

and here you can see two videos,the first one divided in two parts is showing the Swedish army in his early 18Th century,
    the second video shows the Swedish army during seven year's war in battle,i want to thank's sgt_melin for making this video

Karl XII's Army part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdvuKJlMJk

Karl XII's Army part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLdvuKJlMJk

Late Period Army: http://www.youtube.com/user/melin1971

Download Link:

Vanila version: Svenska Armén V.1.5

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AIWA05XF

IS version: Svenska Armén V.1.4

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYNV11BU

This is the first unit i made,the prussian historical 10th prussian regiment Von Knobloch,i worked on a
    skin made by gary,so i thank him that he allowed me to use it

Download Link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J6PMNPS6

Special thanks to these people,without them i could not create this mod,so please rep them

Strudog: who created the beautiful main poster for my mod
    Modestus: who helped me a lot using the patchfile manager
    Barry Lyndon: for helping with the research of the swedish uniforms
    Gary: for his kind permission in reskinning one of his unit for my prussian regiment.
    Toontotalwar: for helping with the patchfilemanager
    SwissHalabarder: for helping with the patchfilemanager
    33orion77: for helping me to understand how to skin a unit
    MorganH: For his kind support
    Sgt_Melin: for making nice videos of my mod
    Last edited by Preussen Gloria; August 20, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

Default Re: Sverige "Sweden" Pack 1.0

Looks nice mate ill definately downloafd and test them

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

WOOOW Sweden,Great Work my Friend!
    +rep
    Greetings

btw,i send you a pm about the Knobloch Prussians mate
    Last edited by MorganH.; July 20, 2009 at 05:31 AM.

superbe!!! really superbe!!!

Thanks a lot,more Swedish units are on the way

According to Kronoskaf the Närke-Värmlands Regiment had red waistcoats and breeches. I can see you have another source which shows white ones but red ones might make the unit more unique.
    Otherwise excellent skins and about time Sweden got some new units. I'd +rep you but I did that yesterday already for your Prussians and the site won't let me rep you again so soon.

Dear tuyafeh thanks a lot for your reply,your information is very useful,i know that this regiment changed slightly his uniform during the 18th century.
    my skin is based on the early 18th century,i know they changed the uniform during the seven year's war.
    could you do me a favor? can you please send me the photo that you have about the Närke-Värmlands Regiment ?
    and thank's for the support.

Those skins look great. Are these three just variations of the swedish line infantry, or are they individual units with their own stats. Is it compatible with Imperial Splendour?

These regiments are individual,so they are not variation's of the swedish units,this mod add three regiments to your swedish faction,that means that it will not modify your original swedish unit,so it's working fine with any swedish retexture mod available.
    answering at your second question,this mod is available at the moment only for the vanilla version of the game.

Nice work. Before the last patch Sweden was one of my favourite factions. After the patch and his fantasy Guards and the samelooking kavallerie unit i hate them. Can you rework them too if you have time?

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by Preussen Gloria View Post
    These regiments are individual,so they are not variation's of the swedish units,this mod add three regiments to your swedish faction,that means that it will not modify your original swedish unit,so it's working fine with any swedish retexture mod available.
    answering at your second question,this mod is available at the moment only for the vanilla version of the game.
    Brilliant. Keep them coming.

Dear tuyafeh thanks a lot for your reply,your information is very useful,i know that this regiment changed slightly his uniform during the 18th century.
    my skin is based on the early 18th century,i know they changed the uniform during the seven year's war.
    could you do me a favor? can you please send me the photo that you have about the Närke-Värmlands Regiment ?
    The side views of the uniforms are all from the SYW. I don't know if you got them from Kronoskaf or not but in any case here is the link: http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...e=Swedish_Army
    The uniform you gave them is correct but seems (in my opinion) too similar to the blue uniforms with red facings as worn, for example, by the Prussian army. The red would make them distinctive and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Nice work. Before the last patch Sweden was one of my favourite factions. After the patch and his fantasy Guards and the samelooking kavallerie unit i hate them. Can you rework them too if you have time?
    Actually the guards aren't fantasy. They wore these uniforms during the last decades of the 18th century:http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...os=3&snum=&e=w
    And before the patch Sweden had no unique units except a cavalry unit which was only used in the century before the game starts.

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

these look amazing!!!!!!!!
    Reunification: a Marcomanni AAR (ongoing and on the TWC)
    Zalmoxis's Lightning: A Rome II Getae AAR
    (completed and now on the TWC!)
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    The Great Suebi Starting Guide for Rome II (outdated, working to update)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Thank's a lot,i'm glad that you like them,yes this is my intention,to add more units to the swedish,these are the first three i made,soon others will come.
    i just take my time becouse i want to make them more historical as possible.

Thank's a lot,i'm glad that you like them,yes this is my intention,to add more units to the swedish,these are the first three i made,soon others will come.
    i just take my time because i want to make them more historical as possible.
    you may want to have a unit limit on the new units, for i kinda doubt that there was more than one
    Posseska Regiment. so i went into the files and edited it myself. i also gave them one extra morale point, just because i felt like it.
    hope you dont mind the changes i made.

anyhow, the units look AMAZING on the battlefield, mowing down the poles with those sharp units.
    out of curiosity, what do the names mean? if they have an regional meaning, id like them to be in the army of that area. for instance, the
    Posseska Regiment sounds like its in the poland region, so i have it in my anti-pole army, fighting the poles.

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy14 View Post

out of curiosity, what do the names mean? if they have an regional meaning, id like them to be in the army of that area. for instance, the Posseska Regiment sounds like its in the poland region, so i have it in my anti-pole army, fighting the poles.
    Värmland is a swedish province:

The provinces of Sweden with Värmland highlighted

Here's Västerbotten:

I think "Posseska" has to do with a general called Posse.

Ottimo lavoro e azzeccati toni cromatici.
    Ti ho mandato un MP su come loggarti.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Lyndon View Post
    Värmland is a swedish province:

The provinces of Sweden with Värmland highlighted

Here's Västerbotten:

I think "Posseska" has to do with a general called Posse.
    oh...
    thanks for the info. i guess Posseska Regiment shouldnt be in poland. ah well i guess ill just assign different regiments to different armies.

If you look closely, you'll notice that the second of your source photos for this regiment actually shows red breeches and waistcoat; The pic that is an empty uniform.

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31

Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast