Thread: Almost Done!

Bonez's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Almost Done!

I am almost done my first campaign as the Brutii, only 12 regions left to conquer and Egypt seems to be all of them . I haven't even finished the civil war, but anyway...

I was making this topic to see if anyone has recommendations as to what faction I should choose for my second playthrough, I have modded so that all factions except slave are unlocked, and my general play style tends to be me setting up a battle line and then using my cav to rip through the other army, along with some archer support to widdle down the other army. Archers are not nesscessary as mercs can be found. So what I really need is a faction with units that will hold a rather fine line without much managing, so I was thinking phalanx and it should have maneuverable cav that can run away as soon as stay and fight.

Also, please no Roman suggestions as I want a faction other than them.

P.S. Debux, don't do it, I swear don't do it!!

TheFoolOnTheHill's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Almost Done!

I say you do Armenia it has good enough inf with the pikes and good cav and can go in any direction
    Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,Cool cherry cream, nice apple tart,I feel your taste all the time we're apart,Coconut fudge really blows down those blues,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You might not feel it now,When the pain cuts through,You're going to know and how,The sweat is going to fill your head,When it becomes too muchYou'll shout aloud,You'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle,You know that what you eat you are,But what is sweet now turns so sour,We all know Ob-la-di-bla-da,But can you show me where you are?Crème tangerine and Montelimar,A ginger sling with a pineapple heart,A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news,But you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffleYes, you'll have to have them all pulled out,After the Savoy truffle. Savoy Truffle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a9TMpAwwBw

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoolOnTheHill View Post
    I say you do Armenia it has good enough inf with the pikes and good cav and can go in any direction
    Except to the right =P. Technically it only has 2 settlements to conquer right of its capital.
    Cry "Havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ADRGamin...k?feature=mhee

Remember to rep me if I helped you in any way(:

(\__/)
    ( O.o)
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Please help Bunny reach global domination by copying this message and pasting it to your own signature. Thank you!

Doing some research I was thinking Seleucids, I hear that at first they are hard, but I happen to have taught mules lessons on stubbornness (long story there...) and tend not to give up, and looking at their roster it seems to have everything a faction could need, decent unarmored cav, catas, pikes, legionaries, elephants, and chariots.

NobleNick's Avatar Artifex

Phalanx ---> Greece (lots of Hoplites, Spartans and other neat units that can hold a line and dish it out. IIRC, their cav is OK, too).

Playing as Gaul, I terrorized the entire central European continent with forces made up entirely of cav. They also get Forresters and some semi-OK infantry. Calls for a very different play style, since Gaul only gets three levels of technology. But in the early game, if you abuse your tech tree aggressively, they rock the house (it is your job to ensure that there is no late game. ).

Here is a link to a 3 year old thread, wherein I posted some Gaul Antics and Strategy.
    Last edited by NobleNick; February 10, 2012 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks Nick... Happens I was just reading the topic you made while you were doing your Gaul playthrough ... Anyway I think that even though I will have to adjust some, but will still be able to use the main things I needed. So I think I may try Gaul, I am not all that experienced player so at the most I think I will be playing M/M .

Macedon would be your best bet. Very good cavalry a little later in the game and long spears for their phalanx. They also have archers.