Thread: R6025 Runtime Error - Campaign blockaded

bandicoot's Avatar Biarchus

Default R6025 Runtime Error - Campaign blockaded

Am playing as Rome using v1.2 on 64-bit Vista.

Rolling along smoothly until now in 201 BC I finally captured my 40th region and now cannot get past the same AI turn getting the following message each time we get to the Ptolemaioi turn:

Microsoft Visual C++ Library
    Runtime Error!
    R6025
    - Pure virtual function call

I've screwed around with every game and video setting and nothing seems to make a difference. The game either crashes and gives me that message or simply freezes up on screen.

Any help would be appreciated ...

Much thanks!

Default Re: R6025 Runtime Error - Campaign blockaded

did you do any modifications to the game of your own? If not, then perhapes the ctd has nothing to do with your settings, try posting your saved game, this link shows you how http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108417, and then someone can take a peak and see what is causing the ctd...

KINGS AND PAWNS, EMPERORS AND FOOLS...

Nope ... it's pure EB at its best ... or at the moment at the worst. I keep 3 rotating save game files and they all lead to the same error. Will post the saved game, but doing an online search makes me think it may be a registry problem that I have. I will check that solution out before bothering anyone with trying out my saved game.

Thanks for the response.

Ok, have uploaded my saved game file to filefront:

http://www.filefront.com/14095497/RomaVictor2.sav

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!

Once I loaded your game, and since you stated that the CTD occured on the ptolemaio's turn, I set about checking the terrain owned by them, and I noticed that everytime I came close to the province "Gerrhaia Arabia" in the arabian peninsula the game would CTD...

Beleiving that it is this province that is causing the error, I was able to bypass the CTD by doing the following:
    I moved one of the ptolemaioi's diplomate(one is near alexandreia) by using the move_character command over to one of the roman diplomates( if you move him and he doesnt appear on the map, try moving him directly over one of your spies and it should work)
    secondly using FD I would take control over "Gerrha", then gift it to another faction(I would advice you give it to the Sabeans, again by using the move_character and FD).

After this I was able to go 9 seasons without any CTD on the AI's turn, however I was unable to find the solution to the CTD caused everytime I pass near "Gerrhaia Arabia" though attempted to approach from different angles and by trying a few other tricks.

unless someone else finds a solution, you can continue your campaign and either hope it solves itself as you go on, or take the risk of it causing another error.

Another solution is if you have a previous saved file of the game(a few turns or years back), you can load it and check if there occurs any CTD near that area, if not then gift it to the sabeans, since the error appears to only happen with the ptolemaioi(I would also advice giving them "Charax"), and then keep an eye on the area between each turn to see if it happens again and why... best of luck.
    Last edited by sinner; July 23, 2009 at 12:07 AM.

Will give it a try - many thanks!

OK, I've experienced the same crash whenever I even move my cursor over Gerrhaia Arabia, but still no idea why.

I can't seem to get the "move_character" command to work to move the Ptolemaoi diplomat near Alexandria (Athenion Salaminios) to where I can use FD to get him to hand it over.

This is probably a very stupid question as I've never used the command, but what is the exact command to use for move_character????

Thanks

u have a diplomat near Lucretea I beleive with a spy near him, put the cursor exactly on the spy then press the tilt button write show_cursorstat and it will give u the position then use it in the move character command..ex.move_character "Character Name" 117,211, make sure to capitulize... the diplomat shoud appear exactly where the spy is, dont worry u dont lose the spy.

OK - I was able to move the diplomat right next to mine but force_diplomacy doesn't seem to do anything.

I typed into the command console ...

force_diplomacy accept

... then had one of my diplomats demand the city Gerrha (I think) and nothing happened at all.

Is it possible for me to take control of the Ptolemaioi and check the problem out that way? It's hard to believe that I'm the only one who ever had a ctd problem with the Gerrhaia Arabia region.

Thanks for all of your help by the way!

you have to do the following press escape, game options, reset advisor, then when you open the diplomate page, press (?) then show me how, you need to offer something in return, a little money or map information...

not sure what you mean by taking control pf ptolemaioi...
    Last edited by sinner; July 23, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

browsing through the forum, i read something about some video cards not being compatible with the graphics, not sure if it relates to your problem, but it is recomended to update the video card drivers from the manufacturer's website (read it from a post by MarcusAureliusAntoninus) , you should try it perhapes it might help...
    Last edited by sinner; July 23, 2009 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks again. I will give it another try with the fd ... I am pretty sure though that when I entered "force_diplomacy accept" it gave me an error message that the command was unknown, but I will try it again tonight.

I did have graphics card issues before (I have an ATI 2x 4850), but have the most up to date drivers and everything has worked well until this point.

I was asking about whether there was a way that I could actually switch factions for that turn only and play as the ptolemaioi to find out if there is something I can do to Gerrha to stop the crash from occurring.

I think I remember previously in v.1.1 of EB that I once was able to get past an error with the Arche Seleukeia that way ... I think the way to do it was to open the EBBSCPIPT.txt file and enter the line "console_command control faction" (where faction in the case of the ptolemaioi is Numidia I think), but I can't remember where it has to be inserted in order for it to work.

OK - I am able to get past the crash point but what I've got is a workaround rather than a fix.

What I did was transferred ownership of Gerrha from the Ptolemaioi to me temporarily so I could try and check out what was wrong with Gerrha. All I could see was that local support was at 0%. When I tried to show the region or go to the town I still get a ctd for apparently no good reason (obviously some kind of glitch in EB scripting somewhere) so I've given up trying to check the town at all and just gave it to the Getai for a handful of magic beans.

Thanks for all your help ... at least I can continue playing this campaign for a while longer. I'm guessing the ctd might have something to do with the revolt in Gerrha but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by bandicoot View Post
    I was asking about whether there was a way that I could actually switch factions for that turn only and play as the ptolemaioi to find out if there is something I can do to Gerrha to stop the crash from occurring.

I think I remember previously in v.1.1 of EB that I once was able to get past an error with the Arche Seleukeia that way ... I think the way to do it was to open the EBBSCPIPT.txt file and enter the line "console_command control faction" (where faction in the case of the ptolemaioi is Numidia I think), but I can't remember where it has to be inserted in order for it to work.
    yes, I remember reading something about that, though never tried it myself, type console_command control in the search I'm sure you will find a few threads containing the subject...

Ok, have established that the issue is now definitely not my computer and definitely not the software itself but appears to be EB and the ongoing issue with ctds on rebelling cities. Will move this to a new thread rather than the red herring posting header on this one.

If you are working on your computer and suddenly runtime error message occur continuously. First of all close that program is showing error. Press and hold cntrl + alt + Del button together. Click to Process tab that go to the menu and then again click on Image name. Then check your program in the list and click on your program and choose end Process. Then close the task manager and click on windows start menu button. Select control panel and choose option for Uninstall a program into the program selection dialogue box.
    Check for the other ways to fix this issue.
    https://www.errorsolutions.tech/erro...e-error-r6025/