Thread: Load Crash Help

Icon4 Load Crash Help

I recently bought the hard copy of this game (but it runs through steam with no disc).
    It is version 1.3.1 build 1139.2308 unmoded

My PC:
    Core 2 Duo 2.14
    Nforce 680sli Mobo
    GTS 250 1GB graphics card (186.18)
    4GB DDR2 Ram
    XP Pro fully updated
    DirectX 9.0C

The Problem:
    I completed the first 2 chapters in the "Road To Independance" and as it was loading the third chapter the game crashed on the load screen.
    Now when I try to slect the 3rd chapter it starts to load, gets to the same position on the load bar, and crashes again.
    This is the only problem I have experienced with the game...it runs great on full graphics.
    I have searched around both this site and others and have not found a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

(the crash is a simple freeze...not a crash to desktop or error message)
    Last edited by king_djoser; July 19, 2009 at 04:04 PM.

Default Re: Load Crash Help

Ok so your saying that the game freeze, but do not crash. Im right bro?

To see if the game respond. Press [ctrl + alt + del]

If the game do not respond, then we have a problem here. And I will try to find the solution. If the game still respond. Maybe you have to wait a little bit more.

Yes the game is listed as "not responding" in the task manager.
    The sound of battle in the background continues to play undisturbed...not stuttering or looping at all.
    The load bar just stops moving.

Ive tried to load several times...sometimes it will let me ctrlaltdel out...sometimes it locks the whole pc up and i have to do a hard button restart.

Ok close your internet. Launch Empire (THE INTERNET NEED TO BE CLOSED) (YOUR NOT SUPOSE TO BE CONNECTED ON STEAM). Launch the third campaign and tell me whats happening!

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Quote Originally Posted by Vide0GameCaster View Post
    Ok close your internet. Launch Empire (THE INTERNET NEED TO BE CLOSED) (YOUR NOT SUPOSE TO BE CONNECTED ON STEAM). Launch the third campaign and tell me whats happening!
    May I ask how that is suppose to help?

If I try to load the game directly from the steam folder in the C drive: it just loads up steam first...and then launches the game with the same results.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I suggest that you lower your graphics settings and see if this has an affect.

ETW needs to be played through Steam. You can either play in on-line of off-line mode. The only reason to play Steam off-line is if you have a dial up service or you have to pay by time connected to your service (or if you don't want to get the updates - some people don't want that). Ignore the advice from Vide0GameCaster.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Ive tried a variety of graphical configurations...and I get the same result...I even tried running it through my old 8600GT card...no luck...it still just stops loading at the exact same point on the load screen.

Can anybody help me?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I see a couple of things.

1. Your cpu is on the low side. Might play it, might not. The specs say 2.4ghz.

2. Your video card shows 186 drvers and this game hates them. Roll them back to 181 series.

Thats a dual core 2.14....not a single core...I have had no problems running the game on full graphics (everything set to ultra/on) during the first 2 "road to independance" games, the full campaign, and various individual sea/land battles with max units....never even had a stutter...smooth as silk...in fact I can complete the full campaign no problem...but it just WILL NOT let me load the 3rd chapter of "Road to independance"!!!

I have tried rolling back to a variety of drivers (not 181...because I don't have them) and the issue is still the same... (ive tried 163.xx 169.xx 175.xx 178.xx 182.xx 185.xx 186.xx)

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

May I suggest go back to Road to Independence Chapter 2 and conquer the regions in a different order? The you picked may not have an ending yet.

hmmm good idea..ill try that.