Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: real faction names?

dragunov121's Avatar Foederatus

Default real faction names?

hi lol this is my first post and i just wanted to know what the real faction names are... i mean nords are obvious that they are vikings and i think vaegirs are some kind of prussians but what about Rhodoks and swadia? khergit khanate are mongols i guess

Thanks!

Default Re: real faction names?

It's been suggested that they are roughly:

Vaegirs - Novgorod/Lithuania
    Nords - Swedes/Danes
    Swadia - Teutonic Order/Holy Roman Empire
    Khergits - Golden Horde
    Rhodok - Byzantines?/Italians?

cool... but how can i change them... my mount and blade which i play from is a mod itself and it lord and realms and wish to change it from there..

good night all u guys!

Well, a very simple way of editing the faction names is to open the factions text file in the mod.
    There you'll find this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

factionsfile version 1

0 fac_kingdom_1 Kingdom_of_Swadia 0 14518340
    0 fac_kingdom_2 Kingdom_of_Vaegirs 0 3398963
    0 fac_kingdom_3 Khergit_Khanate 0 13408767
    0 fac_kingdom_4 Kingdom_of_Nords 0 14540083
    0 fac_kingdom_5 Kingdom_of_Rhodoks 0 3399133

Now simply change the faction names - and remember to keep the spacing and underscore.
    So for instance write Kingdom_of_England and not Kingdom of England.
    (The number at the end are the faction colours)

You might still find references to the old faction names in some of the dialogue, but overall the factions will now have new names
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

yes adorno thank you very much and i tried it but i had to start all over again... i can't change my current campain names? or just copy my campain data in a new one?

thanks so much guys!

Oh yes, sorry. You have to start a new game to see the changes. They are in the save game file. I don't think you can change that.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Nords - obviously Norse
    Vaegirs - Eastern European (Polish/Lithuanian/Russian mix)
    Swadia - Holy Roman Empire/German
    Khergits - Turks (some say Mongols, but they reference the "Great Horde" ingame that's coming behind the Khergits, so they must be Turkish)
    Rhodoks - Milan! But probably Italian due to their heavy use of Pavise shields and crossbows.

Icon14 Re: real faction names?

Are you people kidding me?

Here it is:

Rhodoks - Lithuanians
    Swadians - The Teutonic Order
    Vaegirs - Russians
    Nords - Danish, Swedes, well, Scandinavians
    Khergits - Golden Horde

Mount&Blade is probably based on Northern Crusades or something, a lot of things happened in Eastern Europe in XIII century.

Here's a map:

Makes more sense than the map continuing all the way from Russia to Milan.

I am from Lithuania myself and believe me, the difference between medieval Russians and Lithuanians is obvious. So Rhodoks can't be both of them.
    Last edited by Rimšiakas; July 29, 2009 at 07:25 PM.

I'm pretty sure that the people at the M&B forums conceded that the Rhodoks were some Italian faction (like the Lombards) due to their heavy use of crossbows
    The Vaegirs are probably Novgorod
    Swadia, HRE without a doubt. Heavy knight cavalry and it's the largest faction in the game
    Nords...well you'd have to be quite daft not to know this one
    Khergits, I originally thought the Mongols but after CtrlAltDeL33Ts thing about the great horde, they could be the Turks (I've never ever played with the Khergits ever)
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

You didn't read the post above, did you?

And if Rhodoks were Milanese, wouldn't they have the best armor in the game?
    Last edited by Rimšiakas; July 30, 2009 at 05:52 AM.

I think we can all agree that at least one faction is based on our own country

But isn't it quite obvious? Look at the map I posted. All of the factions are neighboring countries. None of them are missing in the game. And etc. It simply makes more sense.
    Last edited by Rimšiakas; July 30, 2009 at 04:03 PM.

King Canute's Avatar Miles

i dont see the lithuanians being rhodoks,rhodok make much more sense as italian city state like genoa(the crossbows)

What about geography?

Look at the map. All of those factions I marked are neighboring countries and nothing is missing. And when you put Italians in there... Everythings gets messed up. Plus, Rhodoks look a lot like Lithuanians too. Armors and stuff...

swadians seem more hre, and khergits seem more saljuq turk, your idea sort of makes sense. im just saying my view on it

Quote Originally Posted by Rimšiakas View Post
    What about geography?

Look at the map. All of those factions I marked are neighboring countries and nothing is missing. And when you put Italians in there... Everythings gets messed up. Plus, Rhodoks look a lot like Lithuanians too. Armors and stuff...
    No one said the nations have to be next to each other in real life. They're taking elements from different countries so that each in-game nation has a unique play style. Your map does make sense, but like King Canute said, we each have our own opinions. Also the size of Swadia makes me not think it's the Teutonic Order
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Plus, Holy Swadian Empire... HSE
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

nords vaergirs and rhodoks all seem to be easy to figure out, vaegirs obviosly some slavic/russian nation, nords you can pick any medieval scandinavian country so instead lets go with the viking culture itself. And because of its small size and dominance in crossbows genoa makes sense or milan. AND if rhodok are northern italian city state then that reinforces the fact that swadia is the hre, swadia strong knights big size and the rhodoks(northern italians) are rebelling from them. And khergits make more sense as saljuq turks then mongols,they feel more middle eastern than central asian

Quote Originally Posted by King Canute View Post
    And khergits make more sense as saljuq turks then mongols,they feel more middle eastern than central asian
    Except for their hair, which is (admittedly clichéd) Asian.
    Is she... you know...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ?

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by King Canute View Post
    nords vaergirs and rhodoks all seem to be easy to figure out, vaegirs obviosly some slavic/russian nation, nords you can pick any medieval scandinavian country so instead lets go with the viking culture itself. And because of its small size and dominance in crossbows genoa makes sense or milan. AND if rhodok are northern italian city state then that reinforces the fact that swadia is the hre, swadia strong knights big size and the rhodoks(northern italians) are rebelling from them. And khergits make more sense as saljuq turks then mongols,they feel more middle eastern than central asian
    I agree, and one of your companions mentions something about the "great horde" or something like that coming behind the Khergit forces, which have begun to settle down in old Swadian lands. That would suit the Turks far better, since they settled and the Mongols came behind them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast