Game:
    Game: Empire: Total War 1.3, Special Forces Edition
    Mods: 12 Turns per Year (made with Turns Editor), Elite Units of the West

AAR Rules:
    Campaign Difficulty: Very Hard - Kill or Be Killed
    Battle Difficulty: Very Hard
    No Replays, No Auto-Resolves

Author's Note (Oh God! )

'Sup. Im Soldier of Fortune, aka Brittannia Born. Ive done a few AARs for Medieval 2 and Empire, my last was the attempted London Herlad, which ended due to my "subscription" scheme as I had to send the AAR via email, and you lazy b**tards couldnt be bothered to send a simple email. I probably should have thought of something else, but I digress. Ive also released two mods for Empire; Empire Advanced Warfare and the DarthMod 1.9 non-commander edition. If you want to see them they can be found under Downloads>Empire>Mods here on TWC.

Ill make sure I upload plenty of pics and detail the campaign and battles as well as possible, updates will depend on the feedback I get from you lot (ie. the more rep, the more updates ).

Anyway, as I write this its 10pm and for some reason Im about to go ahead and play the first couple of turns of this AAR. Please comment about the AAR; what you liked, what you didnt like and what I could do to make it better. Just feel free to hop into the Critics chair .

Note: I was originaly going to do a Portuguese AAR for Iperium GLobale, but it now crashes every time I try to start a campaign. I cant fix it so Im doing a French AAR instead.

UPDATE STATUS: In-Session

Update 1: The Dawn of a New Century

Paris, 31st December 1699

The ageing man sat on the antique chair, litening to the sounds of the crowd outisde, celebrating the coming of the new Century. The past centuary had been bloody, yet Glorious, a great chapter of France's history. The ageing man had seen war in the Netherlands, Germany, Italy - the 30 years war, whih had seen France become perhaps the foremost power in Europe, even more so than the mighty Hapsburgs, whose power had been shaken during the 30 years war. But there had been riots in the streets or Paris, and chalenges made to France's soveriginty. The new century could bring better or worse. But the ageing man was certain, that with the power invested in him by the Grace of Almighty God, King Louis Bourbon XIV would make France the most respected and feared power in the whole World!

The crescendo of fireworks erupted from outisde, and the crowd cheered the dawn of a new century - of a new and great era.

The Standing of France, January 1700

France is one of the most respected and powerful powers of Europe, with a strong alliance with Spain and a solid friendship with Sweden from the 30 Years War.
    France's army is strong and contains several advanced professional soldiers. Her Borders are strongly defended with Fort Mauberge covering the Netherlands and the Fortified city of Strasbourg as a gateway into the Germanies, albiet a gateway that is bristling with cannon. Several German states, including Austria, are at odds with France following the events of the 30 years war, but the confused politics of Eastern Europe are far away, and France has the ability to choose wether or not to intervene again. France's Navy is large and made up largely of fast Sixth Rates, but it is uncertain if they are powerful enough to contend with the Galleons, Fluyts and the few, yet mighty frigates of the British Royal Navy. Trade out of the Mediteranean is threatened by the marauding raiders of the Barbary Corsairs, although many of the independent trading states of Italy keep them at bay - so long as they are not fighting each other. France will likely have to commit on the Meditaranean Front if she is to maintain trade with other Powers, and her colonies in America, which will need much support themselves if they are to be developed to thier full potential and fend off the various Native tribes, not to mention the British colonies. Expansion into Germany would likely mean conflict with Austria and the rest of the Holy Roman Empire, and France's armies, although strong, are not great enough to take on half of Europe. France will have to concentrate on the Colonies and North Africa until she is ready to fight a world war.

Extract from the Diary of Piere Ducos, Private Secretary to Chief Minister de Moreveau

3rd January, 1700

The King's Court was an eventful one this morning. King Louis fired the incompetent Chief of Justice and replaced him with a Count Gabriel de Croix, a distant relation of the King. It is not the first time the King has promoted favourites, indeed he seems to do it deliberately to enforce his ideals of "Divine Right to Rule", although this arrogance has been the status quo for generations, many of Paris's most renowned philosiphers are openly speaking against this, turning many of the middle classes against the King. They are playing a dangerous game, as it was not long ago that our King quashed a rebellion after the War, and had the ring leaders tortured and executed. I still remmember the screams...

Even so, the King is quite an administrator and diplomat. A messanger had been sent to Madrid a week ago with a message from King Louis to King Carlos II, requesting that that both our Kingdoms had military access to each other's lands. The Spanish agreed, as so they should, as this in particually will allow them to march troops to Flanders to fight the likely war that will come between the Spanish and Dutch, and it will allow General de Villars' Corps to march through Flanders and into Holland should that war spark, and no doubt the Netherlands will be used as a bargaining chip with Spain or the Holy Roman Empire.

Also, Trade Agreements have been made between France and the Ottomon Turks and the Mughals in the East. They were relectunat at first but as soon as a little gold was pushed thier way, they agreed. Maybe this is a sign of poor economic administration on thier part? Also, is this something that can be taken advantage of?

General de Villar's Tent, La Corps Premiere Encampment, 22nd January 1700

"What merde weather. Sit down" snapped General Claude de Villars as he walked into the Briefing Tent.
    The assembled Officers sat down, exchanging glances with one another.
    "Looks like someone didnt get any last night" whispered a young artillery officer.
    "Capitane Clemson, shut up before I force feed you your own testacles, you worthless cannon-humping merde!" replied the General.
    Capitane Clemson shut up.
    "Sacre bleu, we need more Cavalry officers, thats what, Cavalry are the key to any military campaign, not a bunch of arse-kissing artillerymen! Isn't that right Major Fache?"
    "It is, Sir" a dark-haired man with a long scar running down his right cheek, responded, attempting to avoid a smile.
    The General continued, "We have our orders, we are to march to Brussels. As you know we now have military access to Spanish territory. It seems our gracious King things we will go to war with the Dutch, who are a bunch of worthless, cowardly little sailor boys! Although they arent nearly as bad as artillerymen!" He shot Capitane Clemson another glare. "Anyway, we march this afternoon. Major Fache, you will take your Lancers and ride to Brussels and inform them of our movements. Dismissed."
    The Major picked up his hat and walked out. Corporal Gaston was waiting for him with his horse.
    "What's happening Sir?"
    "Pack your bags Corporal. Were moving out".

Montreal Barracks, Upper Canada, 23rd January 1700

Colonel Philipe de Vaudriel stood on the lookout tower facing the Ohio valley. A staff officer approached him.
    "What is it Sir?"
    "Somethings going to happen." He looked out into the surrounding forrests.
    "Whats going to happen, Sir?"
    "I dont't know. But it's something bad"
    A wolf howled from accross the valley...
    Last edited by Phoenix Rising; July 19, 2009 at 09:16 AM.
    Libertarian Conservative & Austrian School Economics Student

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
    ~ Marcus Aurelius

"Virtually every atrocity in the history of humankind was enabled by a populace that turned away from a reality that seemed too painful to face. While virtually every revolution for peace and justice has been made possible by a group of people who chose to bear witness and demanded that others bear witness as well." ~ Melanie Joy

Default Re: [E:TW AAR] Vive La France!

good luck buddy

waiting for the start............................

Good luck from me as well!

Phoenix Rising's Avatar Tiro

Update 1 Released (See first post)

Thanks for your luck!
    Libertarian Conservative & Austrian School Economics Student

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
    ~ Marcus Aurelius

"Virtually every atrocity in the history of humankind was enabled by a populace that turned away from a reality that seemed too painful to face. While virtually every revolution for peace and justice has been made possible by a group of people who chose to bear witness and demanded that others bear witness as well." ~ Melanie Joy

finian1712

i like it a lot a different style...