Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD 1.7 Updated on 20/02/2010.WORKING WITH PATCH 4

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD

If its not too much work, could you perhaps release a patch.pack version, so it could be played online?

Formerly Vuvuzela

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I dont understand why everyone is not all over this mod,it is really very good,and as i said before,couldnt really have been done better with the limited modding capability currently available.I truly hope that this mod continues onward with more features and timeline events suitable to the napoleonic wars and its subsequent eras.very very good first effort

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

I'm pretty impressed with the way it looks, I have no idea how it plays though

Might have to look into it.
    Not actually on the moon.

Empire: Tactical Warfare Mod v1.0

O.M.G. !!!!!!!!!!!!! Is a wonderful. . . they are gotten passionate the Napoleonic Age.

Im have 1 problem

I have download the mod, elimineted de file .fr

Launch the game with Mod manager

Play the single session on the France, only the soldier is they are the same ones with game Empire and not with the SKIN mod NTW

Why ?

P.S.
    Sorry for me english, only im is Italien and don't speak english

Tnx for help. . .

Well done, sir... well done!

WOW! verry nice, the texture are not so nice but you make a GRATE job! I ask permission to modify the textures
    I got the idea of the flag of the regiment but you won me nice1 keep up the good work

Looks amazing! +rep

I was wondering if anyone wanted to play multilayer with me if we could make a patch.pack with the tight_formations and the BSM? Thanks!
    Last edited by Godless Pickle; July 22, 2009 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godless Pickle View Post
    Looks amazing! +rep

I was wondering if anyone wanted to play multilayer with me if we could make a patch.pack with the tight_formations and the BSM? Thanks!
    - im trying to make it multi-playable, but when i set it to patch there are some vanilla units showing up. If anyone can fix that its welcome.
    - there are more than 100 new units so there are not perfect, u can reskins some units if u want, just send me ur works in order i gathers all things to the next update.
    - for the campaign im waiting to your thoughts for the future change, i guess there will be some changes to the units cost, or building recruitment...

I plan to add sapper & pioneer units too, who will shoot efficient grenades on buildings. Not the vanilla crap grenades inneficient against buildings and devastating with soldiers.

anyway i'm currently playing campaign instead of really modding the game
    Last edited by OneManShow; July 22, 2009 at 03:22 AM.
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Hey OneManShow

Soon on official Polish TW forum will appear my news about Your mod.
    Edited:Just appeared
    Last edited by Salvo; July 22, 2009 at 03:54 AM.

Onemanshow i've downloaded the mod, i did all what you said and it didn't work.I don't know if the mod need the mod manager but if it's show me how to work with this tool.

mhido1992 - should work either with or without the mod manager. Did you extract the omsNTW.pack file from the downloaded .rar and put the pack into the games data folder? Oh, and are you running under Vista or win XP? Did you replace the empire_script.txt file with the one from the download?

BTW, mod works (so far, anyway) with Deadly Blowfish's 'Late Campaign' mod (avail here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4632445). Kind of nice to start the campaign in 1783 instead of 1700. Personally I'm playing as the United States and am getting ready to enjoy some serious War of 1812 action!
    Last edited by WilliVonBill; July 22, 2009 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliVonBill View Post
    BTW, mod works (so far, anyway) with Deadly Blowfish's 'Late Campaign' mod (avail here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4632445). Kind of nice to start the campaign in 1783 instead of 1700. Personally I'm playing as the United States and am getting ready to enjoy some serious War of 1812 action!
    sure it works, i PM mhido, seems he has not a regular version.
    In the next update, it will start in 1789 with 4 turns/year
    Im currently trying to give Portugal to British, i'm bored to see English staying on their island. If anyone know how to do that it will be welcome. I have edited the startpos.esf, gave the region to britain, gave the garrisonned army within the city to the britain but still Portuguese in Portugal at start. Shall i make Portuguese faction emergent, destroy it ? Suggestions welcome.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I have been playing your mod for some time now in campaign and I would like to point out that I am using the French and have been assaulted by Sea no less than 3 times by the British and once by the Swedes,each time with no less than 10 units i the stack,and I am playing on Very hard.I encourage you to do the same if you want to see the British move about a bit

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    sure it works, i PM mhido, seems he has not a regular version.
    In the next update, it will start in 1789 with 4 turns/year
    Im currently trying to give Portugal to British, i'm bored to see English staying on their island. If anyone know how to do that it will be welcome. I have edited the startpos.esf, gave the region to britain, gave the garrisonned army within the city to the britain but still Portuguese in Portugal at start. Shall i make Portuguese faction emergent, destroy it ? Suggestions welcome.
    I would try making them emergent, but then you cant forget to give Goa to someone else also (unless you have already done so).

Formerly Vuvuzela

VVILHELM DUX's Avatar Tiro

Love it.

One request, Once Paris Barracks and Palace is fully upgraded, none of the militia units remain available. It makes it very difficult to call up a militia garrison if needed quickly.

The advanced units are very expensive to build and maintain. Grenadier Guards takes 4 turns to train, I have no problem with this as you just have to keep militia units en guarde mode and use the big guns for your offensive actions and thats quite realistic, but being unable to train a militia in Paris once all buildings are upgraded makes it problematic to defend the capitol. Was there a historical or game play reason militia are disabled in the capitol or is this just an oversight or glitch?

One of the early light infantry units doesn't have a background so the icon shows up with a black halo.
    I'm able to build too nice a selection of light infantry in the early period even before researching light infantry doctrine. Was this intended?

It would also be nice to have at least 1 unit of trainable melee cavalry early on. Except for dragoons, you have to have your barracks almost fully upgraded before you can field any melee cavalry at all.

This mod is over all just what I needed to respark my interest in ETW. Untill yesterday it has been shelved for months.

Thanks for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by VVILHELM DUX View Post
    Love it.

One request, Once Paris Barracks and Palace is fully upgraded, none of the militia units remain available. It makes it very difficult to call up a militia garrison if needed quickly.

The advanced units are very expensive to build and maintain. Grenadier Guards takes 4 turns to train, I have no problem with this as you just have to keep militia units en guarde mode and use the big guns for your offensive actions and thats quite realistic, but being unable to train a militia in Paris once all buildings are upgraded makes it problematic to defend the capitol. Was there a historical or game play reason militia are disabled in the capitol or is this just an oversight or glitch?

One of the early light infantry units doesn't have a background so the icon shows up with a black halo.
    I'm able to build too nice a selection of light infantry in the early period even before researching light infantry doctrine. Was this intended?

It would also be nice to have at least 1 unit of trainable melee cavalry early on. Except for dragoons, you have to have your barracks almost fully upgraded before you can field any melee cavalry at all.

This mod is over all just what I needed to respark my interest in ETW. Untill yesterday it has been shelved for months.

Thanks for your hard work.
    yep, there is a bug with Paris recruitment, it will be fixed with next release.
    I will try to add french hussard or mounted hunter as 1st cavalry unit available
    Its normal that u can recruit light infantry even without the technoloy. If i know how to get rid of all these technologies i will disable it because all these technologies were already discovered in the napoleonic era.

I'm glad to make peoples like you regaigning interest with ETW

cya

I posted a suggestion in your preview thread, im not going to type it again here as it might be considered as some sort of spam.

PS: Great Mod!

Its impossible to mod Swiss guard DeVries, CA locked DLC units.

Hello
    It's great mod and I like it much
    and Ihave some suggestion for future
    if it possible , please
    -Make more units for fraction Austria Russia Prussia ......... Like hussars Uhlans Eggers e. t. c. to make more various units for factions
    - make the compain map more historical for example give to Prussia such regions as west prussia and silesia, to austria - galicia, to russia- crimea, lathvinia, belorussia, kurland, e. t. c.
    and everything else what you want

thank you for exelent MOD
    Last edited by alexvbud; July 27, 2009 at 12:05 AM.