Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD 1.7 Updated on 20/02/2010.WORKING WITH PATCH 4

Default oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD 1.7 Updated on 20/02/2010.WORKING WITH PATCH 4

OMS NAPOLEONIC TOTAL WAR

After many months of work, i finally release my mod, with more than 100 Napoleonic units, made for both campaign and battles.

I have tried to respect the historic realism, so this is some factions particularities :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

British have best bust expensive infantry, weak cavalry. Only facion starting with mass fire cause they were very disciplined.

France have medium infantry but a huge imperial grenadiers and the best but expensive cavalry

Russia have cheap soldiers, poor at shooting, good in hands to hands, and basic units have more soldiers

Spain have weak army but they can hide everywhere

Prussia have many cheap soldiers

Games specifity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Napoleonic skins for all europeans major factions, more than 100 Napoleonic units !

-Basic size for line infantry is 320, and cavalry is 160

-Some units have various weapons like pistol for cuirassiers, pistol and axe for militia ......

-Double pistol weapon added, some units have 2 shoots pistol before to charge ennemy.

-Napoleonic drum sound

-First technologies will be researched faster

-Minor factions soldiers better than playable faction, higher difficulty to conquer them

-Added 2 units for the united states from the early 1800's

-Real bearer flag when in battle

-Citizens & Generals skins changed

-Platoons fire removed

To come

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im waiting for your impressions, there are unfinished things like Artilley who keeps his vanilla skins.

I didnt edit startpos.esf, so vanilla units will spawn as usual, same for campaign flag. But after some turns, no more vanilla units remaining.

Add some units too, and may be modify technology tree too.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if i designed this mod alone i have to tell a big thanks to all peoples who answered my questions or encourage me. Especialy Mooncabblage, Erasmus77,Bladerunner,General and the others !

Previews

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some videos on YouTube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nz4sXfPVtQ Campaign battle Wurttemberg Vs France

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWL6-zDxEvs British Cav Vs Italians Infantry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXFddkzTIPg French cav Vs Russian Infantry

New Units trailer, all the 100 Napoleonic units in a video. Use HD & fullscreen

Download

Current version 1.7 : Get it from SendSpace http://www.sendspace.com/file/fkexoe or from megaupload : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OHTE4MCQ

Use Shader 2 in your graphic settings.

News :

1.7 version
    - Working with patch4 from CA
    - Napoleonic artillery available in campaign mode for France and Russia

1.6 Version :

- Works with last CA patch 1.6, no more crash
    - Fixed minor bugs

Earlier version :

- Fixed invisible bearer/drummer for Russia

- All units morale lower (between 2 and 12) battle more realistic

- Units cards changed, thanks to DrakeRH

- Music sounds lower

IMPORTANT NOTES: If textures colors appears too vibrant, brillant or strange, go to your ETW graphic options and set the shader on Shader 2

New features :

- Added French Hussards and Achtyrka Hussards for Russia

- Refreshed some skins like Russian Infantry, French chasseurs, Danish Grenadiers....

- Startpos modified, now game start in 1789, 4 rounds/year, France start with Republic gov

- All factions start with Napoleonic units, no more vanilla units

- Improved AI to recruit better units

- Balanced units cost and upkeep, all is cheaper, means more army in campaign

- Added new sounds

- Fixed recruitment bug in Paris when last buildings reached

- Technologies still easier to find out

- Removed platoon firing in campaign

- Can recruit home units from the région you have captured

- Diplomacy more accurate with Napoleonic era

Tell what u like and what u want to see in the future.

HAVE FUN
    Last edited by OneManShow; February 20, 2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: New version
    Try the Napoleonic Mod for ETW

GeneralL's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: oms_NAPOLEONIC_MOD

Congratulations, my friend. Fantastic mod.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Any screenshots?
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Fantasic Job and I know it must of taken you a long time!
    But I'm sorry to say the bad side;
    The gameplay is in French. When I started all the game map options were in French and so were unit details.
    Secondly, the units a ok. Not perfect. Units like fusilers and calavry where fine but the grenadiers and some of the uniform detail was aweful. Maybe you should wait until CA release a Napoleonic extension or a model convertor.
    And lastly, the unit cards aren't so good. I've seen those pictures on the net 1000's of times. You can get graphic artist on this site to draw units cards up for you!

So I very sorry if I hurt you but someone had to say the bad stuff.

But the units were pretty good. A little more work needs to be done on the units uniforms so they don't appear flat. But other wise it was great. I would like to see this as a seperate mod to ETW. Maybe you could even join the the Lordz Modding Community and help them with their new mod forr ETW called 'Napoleonic Total War 3' Have you ever played Napoleonic toal War 2 for Rome. That was the perfect Napoleonic experience game up to date. I'm sure the Lordz would love to have you as a member. to visit go to http://www.thelordz.org and then go to the forum
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

man it's Fantastic
    and i wish that you join the lordz Modding Community
    thay are very good in Napoleonic stuff
    and thank you very much for this mod
    with my best wish's

ALFAJI

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Turns everything to French, as has been said, but otherwise pretty good. I cant say I blame you for doing the uniforms the way you did, doing them the regular way would have taken forever for the amount of work you had.

Formerly Vuvuzela

Hey Ive been waiting for a mod like this for a long time, great job! One thing, i noticed that most of the Great Britain units, like the coldstream guard and the grendiers have those weird hats that the austrian grenzers have. Is it possible to make them have the regular hat of the napoleanic era , i think its called the shaka or something sry i dnt really know.

thanks again, awesome mod!

some screenshots maybe before I download

i think its called the shaka or something sry i dnt really know.
    The hats called a shako

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Beale View Post
    Fantasic Job and I know it must of taken you a long time!
    But I'm sorry to say the bad side;
    The gameplay is in French. When I started all the game map options were in French and so were unit details.
    Secondly, the units a ok. Not perfect. Units like fusilers and calavry where fine but the grenadiers and some of the uniform detail was aweful. Maybe you should wait until CA release a Napoleonic extension or a model convertor.
    And lastly, the unit cards aren't so good. I've seen those pictures on the net 1000's of times. You can get graphic artist on this site to draw units cards up for you!

So I very sorry if I hurt you but someone had to say the bad stuff.

But the units were pretty good. A little more work needs to be done on the units uniforms so they don't appear flat. But other wise it was great. I would like to see this as a seperate mod to ETW. Maybe you could even join the the Lordz Modding Community and help them with their new mod forr ETW called 'Napoleonic Total War 3' Have you ever played Napoleonic toal War 2 for Rome. That was the perfect Napoleonic experience game up to date. I'm sure the Lordz would love to have you as a member. to visit go to http://www.thelordz.org and then go to the forum
    Damn nobody told me the game was in French and i forgot that, u can get english version there : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...6&d=1248019422
    DELETE the omsNTW_loc_fr.pack file if u want to install the English version.

Marshal u have to understand definitely that there wont have any model converter for ETW. CA have never given a such converter to the community but its always the community who have created his own tools. CA want only money, if they give us a model converter they wont be able to sell any futures add-ons or even games, because everybody will play free mod instead of their crap bugged games who cost 50€. This is why they locked their DLC units and we cant mod them. There are Napoleonics units style in DLC like the swiss grenadiers, american marines, 2nd hussards, polish & austrian grenadiers but strangely all those units are locked. The reason is easy to understand, they will release a Napoleonic game next year it will cost 50€ it will be half finished, a bugged crap like ETW but with a great advertising campaign to sell it to maximum peoples. Its the only thing that Sega do very well. So, i tried to make a mod who will enable to play Napoleonic era now, u can play or u can wait for the next SEGA piece of .

I contacted Lordz members many times on this forum, never got an answer. I tried to join their forum but they never validated my account.....
    They are making maps, and probably trying to create a model converter but no NTW3 will show up without a model converter. And even with it, im not sure new models will be allowed by the ETW engine cause CA protect it.
    Anyways, ur post was constructive and i'm not angry with you

the best mod ... super !!!

Screenshots would be nice....

is it possible to play it with darth mod?

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi my compatriot !

Thanks for this mod.

Downloading it and ... + rep !

I will test it, for sure (and in french, of course!).
    Last edited by Ishan; November 23, 2010 at 05:01 AM. Reason: lol

Salvo's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

Great!
    REP++

Civis

how about some SCREENSHOTS???

Great MOD, with Stereo 3D better Color (Anaglyph Red-cyan)
    (Empire Total War with Stereo 3D = Hollywood)

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    Marshal u have to understand definitely that there wont have any model converter for ETW. CA have never given a such converter to the community but its always the community who have created his own tools. CA want only money, if they give us a model converter they wont be able to sell any futures add-ons or even games, because everybody will play free mod instead of their crap bugged games who cost 50€. This is why they locked their DLC units and we cant mod them. There are Napoleonics units style in DLC like the swiss grenadiers, american marines, 2nd hussards, polish & austrian grenadiers but strangely all those units are locked. The reason is easy to understand, they will release a Napoleonic game next year it will cost 50€ it will be half finished, a bugged crap like ETW but with a great advertising campaign to sell it to maximum peoples. Its the only thing that Sega do very well. So, i tried to make a mod who will enable to play Napoleonic era now, u can play or u can wait for the next SEGA piece of .

great!!! this is exactly my opinion ...

totally agree with you!!!
    +rep (also for you fantastic job)

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Absolutely spectacular work,especially considering the limited resources at your disposal(lack of model convertor and what not)the uniforms are spot on and the atmosphere is perfectly recreated for our first taste of the battlefields of napoleon running on the Empire engine.I commend your hard work and dilligence and eagerly look forward to updates to this already superb effort

Edit:I would suggest lowering unit costs so as to not only represent the levee en masse that was put into place during this era but also to allow for the enormous conflicts that took place during the era,allowing for both the Player and AI to field more,Larger armies vs what was recruited during the vanilla time frame which was as seen an era of relatively limited warfare(despite the presence of several large and decisive battles)
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; July 20, 2009 at 12:22 PM.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast