Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gallery

Default Re: Gallery

Halie you should create a mod with all of the greeks ex)Athens,Argos,Megra,thebes,ionian cities etc.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

nice

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

Here are some shots from my classic + TGL campagin.
    Battle near Larissa
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The depleted Spartan-Athenian force prepare to meet a persian army twice their size.

Spartans holding the line.

Athenians doing their part.

Athenians manage to encircle and destroy the left flank of the Persian force.

The battle is won...

...But at what cost...

Due to the lack of troops, a mercenary force was created. Their task was to seek out and destroy lone Persian generals and small forces deep behind enemy lines.
    After years of ambushes and fighting they were eventually trapped and forced to fight to the death...

A relief force sent to rescue the trapped mercenaries, seen towrds the bottem of this picture didn't make it in time...

Opening stages of the battle.

The mercenaries attempt to hold the Persian horde.

However they are no true Spartans and the cowards begin to break ranks and flee.

The few Spartans present at the battle however fight to the bitter end, like true soldiers of Sparta!

And here is the current situation of the war.

Two severely depleted armies are in full retreat back to Sparta via the docks of Delphoi, for resupply and reinforcement.
    Only one army remains in the field ready for battle, the men of Korinth. They must hold out for at least 3 years before the Athenian army will be ready for action and later the two Spartan armies.

This is one of the most exciting campaigns I have ever played in the TW series. Thanks to everyone who created this mod!
    Last edited by Delysid; April 25, 2010 at 07:35 PM.
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Thanks for those screens..

Looks like you're in for a tough time. The battle for Larissa is key to the early campaign, as is holding the bridge north of Delphoi. If the Persians cross that you're in real trouble.

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Great shots! I really like the composition of your armies!(not too many generals and ordinary hoplites and peltasts)

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Do you think this is real?
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Do you think this is real?
    Why are you insulting our intelligence?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Athenogoras View Post
    Why are you insulting our intelligence?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

after liberating southern greece a persian army apeared on the road to Delphoi so i called my Spartan-Korinthian army by Thebes to respond to the threat, dispite us having less men the persians retreated to the other side of the bridge to the north so the greeks followed them in hot persuit, as the turn ended the greeks camped on the bridge the following turn the persians attemted to cross the bridge it was such a long battle but the Spartan center defending the bridge held for most of it then the Korinthians went on the offencive after the death of the enemy general.

here is an image of the end of my battle of thermopylae i utterly smashed the persian leaving Xerxes alive on his own, dealing with the delayed force of archers trying to flank me was easy as by then there was practicly no persian army.
    Last edited by jib1; May 09, 2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: got the image to work now.

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

You probably need to upload the picture to an image hosting site first. Like photobucket

(fixed the last post)

you know i never thought that the battle of Plataea was fought by 93 spartan royal gaurd, on my campain when the battle started on the map the persians attacked and i thought, whilst looking at my men, ok so i start of in the battle with just a general unit, can't be too hard because i have two large greek armys for reinforcements, so i started the battle picking the most sutable high ground, ended deployment, allied forces delayed, my tiny force of spartans were wipped out by like 2000 persians because the reinforcements never turned up, i think this might be a little bit inacuracte compared to the rest of the campain, straight after the battle i find i now own two good armies, have lost athens and probable thebes, i now have no money i can't affored to keep the armies but i need them to take back athens before the persians march south towards Korinth and sparta. what a pickle.

any way here is an image of my one sided battle of Platea.

"time is no power or force, the passage of time mearly weathers the heart and soul of heros" anon

Hi jib1

This happens sometimes(it is not intended). And only(in my experience) if Pausanias is close to Plataea.
    You see there is a script. This script creates another Pausanias with an army and another reinforcing army with a general. These characters are(the next turn) killed off - leaving you with only one Pausanias again.
    Perhaps if you have a save reload and then move Pausanias a little.

Blog Entries

Umm, yep. As Athenogoras said, somewhere along the line you've diverted the script. Perhaps you restarted the campaign but didn't reactivate the script.

Fortunately you've not gone to far into the campaign to start again, which would be my advice.

The battle is not entirely historical since the engine places certain restrictions, we also didn't want to make this battle to simple so when you do get the scripted version don't be surprised if you still get your butt handed to you.

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

Pict 1

Pict 2

Pict 3

Pict 4

Pict 5

Blog Entries

Sweet pics.. I think 3 is my favourite..

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

nice work naxzul666.your images look very epic
    by the way, great mod

Content Emeritus

Thank you very much for comments !

Content Emeritus

The project of my video "300" is not abandoned, but it will be a little longer than expected ...

Blog Entries

This mod took a year longer than planned..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast