Thread: Trait guide?

Icon1 Trait guide?

Hi, guys. The mod is great. But I have a question.

Is there some kind of traits guide or something like that, where I could look up the traits and the necessary conditions for them? Searching through the code is extremely complicated for me. I love roleplaying, but I have no idea what I need to do to get, let's say, a "farmer" trait or "appreciates father" etc. Some traits requirements are rather easy to guess, but some need a lot of experimenting. If somebody could do a list with short explanations of the necessary conditions for traits (not all, but the trickiest), it would be great.

I am mostly interested in trade and loyalty traits.

Default Re: Trait guide?

I use this whenever I need to enquire about some specific traits:
    http://totalwar.honga.net/traits.php...=late&f=france

From the dropdown box you can choose between a family member's traits and agents' traits.

Thank you! Hmmm... seems that adopting kids gives a chnce for quite crappy traits to emerge...

Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Anatorax View Post
    Thank you! Hmmm... seems that adopting kids gives a chnce for quite crappy traits to emerge...
    Yes, adopting corrupts the royal family and is not advisable. But you can still recruit generals from Baron's and higher Stables(at least in SS 6), because they don't become a royal family member.
    Last edited by Goofy; July 17, 2009 at 12:10 AM.

You mean General's Bodyguard, right?

BTW, what is forced march and how do I use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anatorax View Post
    You mean General's Bodyguard, right?

BTW, what is forced march and how do I use it?
    Forced March is a trait that gives more movement points to your general, so it is always active when your general acquires it.

It was amusing and annoying to see William the Conqueror's son, my best general, just finish conquering Scotland and preparing to embark against Ireland acquire the Foreign Fruitcake trait. D'OH.

I have to say on average the negative traits don't seem to be anywhere near as bad as what would happen in ETW and TATW for that matter. It seems to be a better balance of good and bad.

Do some people, like me, not end up building things like brothels in some developments to avoid negative traits for their governors?

Na I just hop into desc_ancillaries real quick and reduce the probabilty for some, especially the adultress. Besides that I dont mind alcoholism and the rest - they can't all be great guys.