Thread: I'd love to help if I could...

Default I'd love to help if I could...

Basically, I'd be really interested in helping with this mod.

When it comes to scripting/mapping etc., I'm about as much use as a slightly concussed four year-old, but I know a fair bit about Welsh history, so if I could, I'd be more than happy to help with Welsh settlements, historical figures of the period, major historical events and quotes for the loading screens.

I'm also a fluent Welsh speaker, so maybe that could come in handy when it comes to unit names etc.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default Re: I'd love to help if I could...

Tywysog - thanks for the offer and I may take you up on this later. For the welsh I have quite a few references. Most of my welsh settlements are based around the castles. There's not enough room on the map to represent other minor settlements (which I admit I don't have much info on other than the various district names and the areas associated).

For unit names I may well stay with english although as a basic item could you explain the difference in terminology between Teulu and Teuluoedd (i.e. is the latter just a plural version)?

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

according to my welsh dictionaries teuluoedd is the plural of teulu (not that i'm learning welsh or can speak it.)

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov
    according to my welsh dictionaries teuluoedd is the plural of teulu (not that i'm learning welsh or can speak it.)
    That's my understanding; as in a combining of Teulu belonging to other (lesser-than you) nobles rather than just specifically your own personal Teulu.