Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1547 Camapign (Empires)

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 1547 Camapign (Empires)

A big hug if you make The Netherlands Playable! =]

Or if tell how I can do that, I will Pet you. :3

I have problem with the process of loading Empires Campaign... After the choising the faction, game show me loading screen and then she come back to desktop... Please, help me!!!

I have install Conquest patch 2.1....

P.S. Sorry for my English
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix994; August 19, 2010 at 11:57 AM.

Foederatus

needs native americans like the choekee

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

It's a shame that the Inca are just renamed Maya. That's like giving the Holy Roman Empire renamed Turkish units, other than that i like this mod
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    It's a shame that the Inca are just renamed Maya. That's like giving the Holy Roman Empire renamed Turkish units, other than that i like this mod
    I didn't have any Incan units, so it was a choice of not including them or using other native American units.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

A possible alteration to reflect the reality was that all of India could become a hotbed for persian, steppe and other mercenaries to reflect the fact that the Mughal army, apart from state-owned artillery and armor, was almost entirely a mercenary force, and furthermore, a cavalry-based one. These mercenaries would need to be specific to asian cultures. Apart from local levies to use guns and that sort, Mughal weapons were similar or identical to other steppe weapons, composite bows and swords. The rajput troops can remain because they are hard to get one's hands on and in small unit sizes. It'd also give the Mughals and Suri an advantage from a player perspective as no one else in the region possesses heavy cavalry. It'd also allow the Mughals to remain close to their nomadic origins, which historically they did, speaking Chagatai and commanding armies of horse archers.

Is this for empire or just like empire? I saw it in parenthesis and was a little confused. Thinking about downloading this game. Thanks.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

This mod, as with all of the others, is for Kingdoms 1.5. Empires is just the name of the campaign, not to be confused with Empire: Total War. This mod features the whole world and many new and exciting nations such as Japan and China, nations that most mods just neglect.

I very liked the mod but,,

I've empire total war but my computer makes hard to play it so i decided to play it. But in this, Spain is too overpowered, and England and France haven't got an advantages, I started to play with Thailand in order to fight against the empires such as England, Ottomans, France and Spain but only after 2-3 years, France destroyed

I'd very like to see some England, France and Dutch territories in America. And a Indian small nation such as Marathas. And some native American nations. (Can be changed with Scotland)

By the way, can anyone tell how can I change England's and France's territories and make them more powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by tancan View Post
    I very liked the mod but,,

I've empire total war but my computer makes hard to play it so i decided to play it. But in this, Spain is too overpowered, and England and France haven't got an advantages, I started to play with Thailand in order to fight against the empires such as England, Ottomans, France and Spain but only after 2-3 years, France destroyed

I'd very like to see some England, France and Dutch territories in America. And a Indian small nation such as Marathas. And some native American nations. (Can be changed with Scotland)

By the way, can anyone tell how can I change England's and France's territories and make them more powerful?
    In 1547 Habsburg Spain was very power as they controlled most of South America, parts of North America, the Philippines, Spain, the Low Countries, Italy, and Austria. This is why they're the dominant power in Europe and can easily conquer other nations.

There are no England, France, or Dutch colonies in America because in 1547 they didn't have any colonies. Even in ETW set in the 18th century only the east coast of North America has been colonised.

The Dutch were under Spanish and German control until they created the United Provinces in 1581 and the Maratha Empire was established in 1648. So neither should be in a mod set in 1547. Also due to the 30 faction limit I can't add new factions. If you want to know how to change factions I'd recommend reading this guide.

By editing the descr_strat you can make England and France more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    By editing the descr_strat you can make England and France more powerful.
    I'm sure this is a silly question, but I can't find the descr_strat files for this mod, where are they?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Started playing today as Poland. Pretty epic mod, uanime5.

Quote Originally Posted by alasdair1987 View Post
    I'm sure this is a silly question, but I can't find the descr_strat files for this mod, where are they?
    It's in the 'mods\conquest\data\world\maps\campaign' folders (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\world\maps\campaign'). Each folder represents a campaign and each campaign has its own descr_strat. The 'empires' folder has the descr_strat for 1547 and the 'imperial_campaign' is the folder M2TW uses. So you need to edit the descr_strat in the 'empires' folder, then replace the descr_strat in the 'imperial_campaign' folder with your updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Started playing today as Poland. Pretty epic mod, uanime5.
    Thanks.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix994 View Post
    I have problem with the process of loading Empires Campaign... After the choising the faction, game show me loading screen and then she come back to desktop... Please, help me!!!

I have the same problem.

In addition to my earlier comment about granting Muslims recruitable horse archer mercenaries in India (Mughals did it, Suri are a Mughal offshoot and it'd make historical sense for other Muslims in India to do that instead of relying on the dhimmis) I think it may be a good idea to give the Mughals a few elite Safavid troops instead of/in addition to the Jagirdars they get in the beginning. Safavid help was very important in the Mughals recovering and them being there would be interesting. Also maybe throw a few gold mines into India to simulate that almost all the diamonds and jewels in the world at the time had their origin in India (seeing as there is no jewels resource, gold will have to do) and the only diamond mines in the world were in India. In addition, I don't think Mughals have access to cannons all by themselves (gunpowder and cannons were a huge part of why Mughals did so well) and the Transoxanian bodyguards of Suri Dynasty are still untextured.

Is it possible to recruit Jagirdars and Punjabi horsemen as Mughals or is it only Suri who can?

Edit: Another possibility for a little realism is to create rebel held forts occupied by elite rajputs. Could be used as a method for balancing the richness of India, or just as a long-standing obstacle to Mughal domination.
    Last edited by BATUBATUBATU; November 22, 2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: THE BEST IDEAS

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix994 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Imperiumiv View Post
    I have the same problem.
    Have you tried the '1230 Empires' patch in the downloads thread?

Quote Originally Posted by BATUBATUBATU View Post
    In addition to my earlier comment about granting Muslims recruitable horse archer mercenaries in India (Mughals did it, Suri are a Mughal offshoot and it'd make historical sense for other Muslims in India to do that instead of relying on the dhimmis) I think it may be a good idea to give the Mughals a few elite Safavid troops instead of/in addition to the Jagirdars they get in the beginning. Safavid help was very important in the Mughals recovering and them being there would be interesting. Also maybe throw a few gold mines into India to simulate that almost all the diamonds and jewels in the world at the time had their origin in India (seeing as there is no jewels resource, gold will have to do) and the only diamond mines in the world were in India. In addition, I don't think Mughals have access to cannons all by themselves (gunpowder and cannons were a huge part of why Mughals did so well) and the Transoxanian bodyguards of Suri Dynasty are still untextured.

Is it possible to recruit Jagirdars and Punjabi horsemen as Mughals or is it only Suri who can?

Edit: Another possibility for a little realism is to create rebel held forts occupied by elite rajputs. Could be used as a method for balancing the richness of India, or just as a long-standing obstacle to Mughal domination.
    The elite units of the Safavids were the Ghulams, who were formed to reduce the power of the Turkomans so it's unlikely the Safavids would lean them to another faction.

Giving India gold mines to make up for its lack of diamond mines is a good idea. Though I'll have to research where they should go.

Anyway I checked out the Indian regions and was surprised that they didn't have any cavalry available, so I looked at the descr_building.txt and the descr_regions.txt and realised the hidden resources for India were either missing or wrong. This meant that Punjabi Horsemen and Sammat Lancers were only recruitable in one region, rather than all of India.

Also I gave Suri the wrong bodyguards, this is why they're untextured.

To fix these problems download the 'india soldiers' attached to this post, unpack it, put it in the 'mods\conquest\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data'), then recopy all the files with the Eras Menu. These changes probably aren't save game compatible so you'll need to start a new campaign.

I also made elephants more available to compensate for some factions lack of heavy cavalry.

I did a little research on Humayun-era Mughal happenings, and while the Persians and Mughals fought together to take over Afghanistan, which then went to the Shah, many local tribes from Afghanistan joined Humayun for his reconquest of Hindustan. Perhaps giving the Mughals some afghan tribesmen and horse archers in Humayun's stack would accurately simulate this?
    I still think there should be Turkoman mercenaries within India, to simulate the historical reality. It's hard to find loyal Hindu soldiers to defend their Muslim rulers, so the Mughals solved the problem with their fabulous wealth by hiring help.

I did a little research on Humayun-era Mughal happenings, and while the Persians and Mughals fought together to take over Afghanistan, which then went to the Shah, many local tribes from Afghanistan joined Humayun for his reconquest of Hindustan. Perhaps giving the Mughals some afghan tribesmen and horse archers in Humayun's stack would accurately simulate this?
    I still think there should be Turkoman mercenaries within India, to simulate the historical reality. It's hard to find loyal Hindu soldiers to defend their Muslim rulers, so the Mughals solved the problem with their fabulous wealth by hiring help.
    Okay then, I'll add some more Afghan units to the Mughal army.

Thanks for explaining why the Mughals would have needed to hire Turkomans. How about I make the Eastern Turkoman Cavalry available in north India. This would provide the Indian factions with some Turkoman horse archers. Unfortunately each unit has a cost assigned to it so I can't change how much this unit will cost in different regions.

http://www.khulsey.com/jewelry/kh_je...ond_mines.html
    Here is a page on the history of diamond mining in India. Golconda was the single best place for diamonds, but all the various Indian states inherited centuries upon centuries of diamonds, and most of the world's jewels came from India. During Mughal times, India accounted for 24 percent of the entire planet's GDP compared to Ming China at 25 percent. Clearly this historical reality isn't very well reflected currently. Something has to happen to make India's economy much stronger, and India, therefore, a much more desirable place.

Another thing that you may or may not choose to do is improve the Indian gunners and give Indian factions muskets. The musket was introduced by Babur in 1519 and they were made out of superior steel to European ones and therefore had improved range and power. This, along with the Mughal horse archer armies, and the Mughal affinity towards siege artillery, allowed them to be a military giant in their day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTfEDaWMj4o
    Here is a video on the Mughal matchlock muskets
    Indian steel in general was the best in the world.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIWg9d3CRiI
    Here is a video on the kind of steel they'd use, which is only comparable to Toledo steel from Spain
    There are other videos in Aboshi's profile, the most interesting ones I haven't sent are war elephants and horse archery. The Mughal Empire fought as a strange combination of steppe warfare and modern renaissance gunpowder technology with a distinctly Indian flair. Culturally, they were heavily influenced by Persia. Much of the jewels found in India were as a result of centuries old empires finding it in rivers, some of it mined. Hope all this helps.

I think if India were to become such an economic powerhouse a much stronger rebels would be needed, hence my idea of Rajput fortresses. The Mughals specifically should have these modern sorts of things since the Suri Dynasty was just an extension of the technologically backwards Delhi Sultanate, but it would still have the cavalry heavy armies of Babur.
    Also, Suris start out with Sher Shah, but he was dead in 1547. Sorry about long post!

http://www.khulsey.com/jewelry/kh_je...ond_mines.html
    Here is a page on the history of diamond mining in India. Golconda was the single best place for diamonds, but all the various Indian states inherited centuries upon centuries of diamonds, and most of the world's jewels came from India. During Mughal times, India accounted for 24 percent of the entire planet's GDP compared to Ming China at 25 percent. Clearly this historical reality isn't very well reflected currently. Something has to happen to make India's economy much stronger, and India, therefore, a much more desirable place.
    I'll add a gold mine to Golconda to represent the diamonds available there. I've also increased the levels of the settlements and added ports so India makes more money.

Another thing that you may or may not choose to do is improve the Indian gunners and give Indian factions muskets. The musket was introduced by Babur in 1519 and they were made out of superior steel to European ones and therefore had improved range and power. This, along with the Mughal horse archer armies, and the Mughal affinity towards siege artillery, allowed them to be a military giant in their day.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTfEDaWMj4o
    Here is a video on the Mughal matchlock muskets
    Indian steel in general was the best in the world.
    The European muskets do a lot of damage because they fire a heavy shot designed to penetrate plate armour. As the shot is heavier it has more momentum and a longer range. The downside is that these muskets have a slow rate of fire, which is why European factions also have arquebuses. Though I can give the Indian factions European Muskets they will have a slow rate of fire and the higher rate of damage will provide little additional benefit against the lightly armoured armies in India. The Turkish musket may be more useful as it has a faster rate of fire but less damage.

To replicated the better steel I can add weapon bonuses to the blacksmith and other buildings so that any unit recruited in India has a weapon upgrade (so it does more damage).

I can also give the Mughal greater access to cannons.

Also, Suris start out with Sher Shah, but he was dead in 1547. Sorry about long post!
    Sher Shah is still alive because I didn't know how to make children faction heirs. I can change this in the next version.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast