Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Age - Total War - Version 2.3 (Third Age 3.2 compatible)

Default Re: Second Age - Total War - Version 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Galad View Post
    it worked for me gj Finarfin and razor
    Well, could you tell me how you installed TATW and SATW? I mean, did you install them in a certain order or?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruthiel View Post
    Well, could you tell me how you installed TATW and SATW? I mean, did you install them in a certain order or?

I instaled a clean version of the game tatw 1.2 and then i instal all of the files that finarfin made that means all 4 files with the order that was created. But i did have another problem while i was playing the arnor campaign when elendil died i should get both arnor and gondor as a unified nation instead i lost all my regions and my generals and pretty much i controled nothing is this a bag of the game or it hapend only to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Galad View Post
    I instaled a clean version of the game tatw 1.2 and then i instal all of the files that finarfin made that means all 4 files with the order that was created. But i did have another problem while i was playing the arnor campaign when elendil died i should get both arnor and gondor as a unified nation instead i lost all my regions and my generals and pretty much i controled nothing is this a bag of the game or it hapend only to me?
    Not sure if you should get both nations, but I'm sure that there's a script in place where you get Isildur as the new ruler of Arnor, am sure Finarfin wrote something about that somewhere...

p.s

Got it to work, cheers Gil-Galad
    Last edited by Vhaelor; September 14, 2009 at 06:41 AM.

SCREENS! GIVE ME SCREENS!

Whether mod is acting on the 1.2 version???

Hi guys I have two really huge problems, thinking of reinstalling Medieval 2 Total War again, but I deleted so it will take a week to download all that. So, I installed Second Age like it's recommended here, coppied files to my Third Age folder, and now, do I have to replace files or just copy them?
    And so, dunno what I did, but I try to start a campaign or custom battle and the game crashes. Over and over again. And the other, even bigger problem is that if i reinstall Third Age, it still remembers Second Age files since it's not uninstalled so I can't play nor Second Age nor Third Age. Guys please HELP!!!!!!!! I tried to solve everything like for 5 hours yesterday, did nothing. Please help, really love this game... How can I fix Second Age problem and if not possible, just play Third Age again. And yes, I deleted map.rwm. I sad that a guy here had a same problem, but he fixes it I guess, I searched the whole thread and didn't find anything...
    Last edited by Forlong; October 12, 2009 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forlong View Post
    Hi guys I have two really huge problems, thinking of reinstalling Medieval 2 Total War again, but I deleted so it will take a week to download all that. So, I installed Second Age like it's recommended here, coppied files to my Third Age folder, and now, do I have to replace files or just copy them?
    And so, dunno what I did, but I try to start a campaign or custom battle and the game crashes. Over and over again. And the other, even bigger problem is that if i reinstall Third Age, it still remembers Second Age files since it's not uninstalled so I can't play nor Second Age nor Third Age. Guys please HELP!!!!!!!! I tried to solve everything like for 5 hours yesterday, did nothing. Please help, really love this game... How can I fix Second Age problem and if not possible, just play Third Age again. And yes, I deleted map.rwm. I sad that a guy here had a same problem, but he fixes it I guess, I searched the whole thread and didn't find anything...
    Go to your Start-button, find the Third Age in the program list, click on Uninstall Third Age Total war, after that go to SEGA\Medieval II\Mods and delete the entire Third Age folder. Only viable solution I'd think of to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruthiel View Post
    Go to your Start-button, find the Third Age in the program list, click on Uninstall Third Age Total war, after that go to SEGA\Medieval II\Mods and delete the entire Third Age folder. Only viable solution I'd think of to be honest.
    I uninstalled part 2, but part 1 seems like it can't be uninstalled. It says that it is when I delete the entire Third Age folder. Well, will install Medieval 2 again, doing it now, then install part 1 and 2 again and see what happens. But it seems like I deleted all Third Age files... Should work now. And since this topic is about Second Age, how can I play it? Should I really change all the text files when I copy it to a data folder or just copy it and leave all Third Age text files? Because every time I want to play a game, it crashes.

Instead of copying the TATW folder and such, cant we add it someway into TATW as a provincial campaign?
    "To make oneself an object, to make oneself passive, is a very different thing from being a passive object."
    - Simone de Beauvoir, "The Second Sex"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Enlighter View Post
    Instead of copying the TATW folder and such, cant we add it someway into TATW as a provincial campaign?
    Now there's a good idea to be honest

Vitez's Avatar Miles

Icon7 Second Age Total War Version 1.3

Hi.
    Can I play Second Age - Total War - Version 1.3 on 1.3 version of TATW??

And can i play normal TATW and with Second Age or i need to uninstall all???

Tnx
    Last edited by Vitez; October 23, 2009 at 05:20 PM.

will we see Angmar any time soon? BFME:2 ROTWK kinda spoiled me with the awesome units...........go thrall masters! I'm just saying.......................*hint hint*

been playing this for 20mins and loving every second of it - good job peoples

Wondering if it's possible playing this with Extended map version mod?

If they aren't able to be played together how should I make it so that I can play both?

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Can some one post some pic's of this sub-mod

Default Re: Second Age Total War Version 1.3

I'm about to try SATW 1.3 on TATW 1.3 just out of curiousity. I'll let you know how it works out. I've already sucessfully played TATW 1.2 with SATW 1.3. As for your other question, if I understand correctly, you can't have SATW installed and still play TATW. I just save the Third Age folder of whichever version to a different drive and swap them out in the mods folder in M2TW. Everything must be correctly installed of course but I had good luck. By the way I wonder if you know or anyone else knows why armor upgrade buildings don't work in SATW. In fact the unit cards don't even tell you what the next upgrade for the unit is. Just curious. Cheers.

Because upgrades did not work in 1.2.

Thanks for the info Seleukos_I. I had forgotten about that.

Well, SATW 1.3 seems to work in TATW 1.3 as well if you replace the descr_mount.txt. I didn't do much, just built armor upgrade building and a few units but I played about 25 turns with no crash. Unfortunately the armor upgrades still don't work but it's not really a big deal to me if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by brak View Post
    Thanks for the info Seleukos_I. I had forgotten about that.

Well, SATW 1.3 seems to work in TATW 1.3 as well if you replace the descr_mount.txt. I didn't do much, just built armor upgrade building and a few units but I played about 25 turns with no crash. Unfortunately the armor upgrades still don't work but it's not really a big deal to me if they don't.
    but how, and with what, do you replace the descr.mount.txt
    and is it also compatible with 1.4

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

2 Questions before DL & testing it:

1 - As Mathieu Of Belgium, asked before (no replies?) Was this campaign upgraded for TATW 1.4 ?
    2 - Does It erase the main TATW campaign, or is it a "Custom Campaign"?

NOTE: a Custom Campaign would be wise, as for any submod btw. KK was kind enough to let that space free on TATW