Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Age - Total War - Version 2.3 (Third Age 3.2 compatible)

Default Re: Second Age - Total War - Version 1.3

Of course why would you ask?

nooby question. was jst wondering, since it ddnt say anything about rhun

I cannot for the life of me uninstall this mod? I have vista 64 and have uninstalled all MTW games and TATW, deleted the TATW file then deleted the sega file. I reinstall MTW the TATW and patches and still the second age campaign option is there? By the way the game ctds when i click on the second age campaign option. Help.
    Last edited by FinElen; August 05, 2009 at 06:08 PM.
    "Charlie don't surf," Lt. Col. Kilgore. 1/9cav AirCav. Apocalypse Now

No one ever goes into battle thinking God is on the other side.
    -Terry Goodkind

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
    -Ulysses S Grant

This a great sub-mod. I know it takes alot of work to create these mods and I was just wondering whenever there is an upgrade to it where would I be able to find. Mind you that I'm not asking to hassle I just want to be able to download it when and if it ever upgrades. Congrats on an awesome mod. Also I was curious if SATW 1.3 is compatble with TATW 1.2. Never mind I just tried it and it crashes. No biggy.
    Last edited by brak; August 11, 2009 at 07:34 PM.

This looks like a great sub-mod. If you could convert Sauron from LotR: TW and put him in the mod (with or without bodyguard) as a general I would be very impressed.

2 small questions ...
    There will be a new version compatible with TATW 1.2?
    It's possible to see some screenshots?

Ty.

Yes.. are you working on a v1.2 compatible version?? This seems like a great mod, btw if you install this mod, can you still play the third age campaign as normal? And the second age campaign is only an additional campaign? Or does it replace the third age stuff?

Ya it replaces TATW but just make a it a different folder and your good.

But its not compatible with 1.2?

SATW 1.3 is not compatible with TATW 1.2. I tried it and it crashed. I hope that if there is a SATW 1.4 that it will incorporate some of the improvements in TATW 1.2. My favorite is Generals aging more slowly and a 4 turn year. In an unrelated note I was wondering why there is no family tree in SATW 1.3 and if my generals are all going to die off. Any reply would be appreciated. I haven't been able to finish a game yet so I don't know from experience. P.S. I apologize if there is already a thread for this that I may have missed and my gratitude goes out to the designers of this fun sub-mod.

Well, this is the only thread about the second age submod..

Civis

...a few screenshots will be great...if someone could?
    Gandalf: Go back to the abyss! Fall into nothingness that awaits you and your master!
    Witch King: Do you not know death when you see it, old man? This is my hour!

PROUD TO BE

This mod is over or Finarfin has take a coffee-break ?

PS : If someone could post some screenshot that sounds good ...

So, I noticed in some earlier posts that someone else noticed that Arnor has no family tree and if this was normal and someone replied that it was. Since Arnor has been my first SATW game I was wondering if anyone else had played Arnor till the end of game. I'm at about turn 30 and I keep seeing my generals aging and I have no family tree. So, will they all die out and then no more generals for Arnor? Just curious. I'd like to hear about any experience someone's had with this if they have the time to reply.

AgentSmith's Avatar Foederatus

I didnt experience anything wrong with it. im well past 100 turns and haven't died(yet) I don't think you can though but we'll find out soon I guess.
    MISTER A-A-ANDERSON......

Thanks for the reply, I look forward to longevity in my generals so they can kick some orc butt.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Sounds nice but:
    - Is It compatible with the (great) TATW patch 1.2.?
    - Is It a Custom Campaign (i.e. does It keep the "vanilla/main TATW" files untouched?)

I hope so...

PS: I'm looking for the "permanent arrows" submod where is it? PM to avoid OT thx

Big Pacha, as far as I know it is only compatible with TATW 1.1. I'm pretty sure I tried it with 1.2 and it crashed. Since I'm almost positive that it modifies the "vanilla" TATW 1.1 files what I've been doing is keeping a backup of my SATW 1.3 Third_Age folder and my TATW 1.2 Third_Age folder and just swapping them out in the mods folder of Medieval II Total War folder to play whichever I feel like. It doesn't show up as a Custom Campaign. TATW 1.1 starts up normally and it shows that screen and intro. When you click on Single Player the Second Age Campaign is on the top of the list.
    Last edited by brak; August 25, 2009 at 05:38 PM.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with retraining or upgrading armor in their game. I'm playing Arnor and I have military academies that don't produce the +1 experience units or allow retraining units to +1 experience and none of my armor upgrading buildings from leather tanner to blacksmith ( I haven't built anything higher than blacksmith ) seem to increase the armor of units produced in the city and the retraining offered to upgrade armor fails as well so I have wasted alot of money. Anyway, no biggie just wanted to hear if anyone else has had this problem or if my game was just screwed up.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

I presume this has been mentioned, but i have not the time to search, it says the Lonely Mountain has been deleted, I presume there is still a mountain visible?