Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Age - Total War - Version 2.3 (Third Age 3.2 compatible)

Default Re: Second Age - Total War - Version 1.3

angmar? no, angmar was found by the witchking in the early third age, so it ll not appear in this submod...

and the numenorean units are all created by the LOTR-TW team, i ve only converted them to M2TW!

Hi, can we get some screen shots of the things this mod features? i am keen to see the LOTR-TW units in this engine for example.

Ceasar Gubius's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Finarfin View Post
    angmar? no, angmar was found by the witchking in the early third age, so it ll not appear in this submod...

and the numenorean units are all created by the LOTR-TW team, i ve only converted them to M2TW!
    Ok then, no Agmar....

Anyways, it's cool to see those units ingame (Even if you didn't mke them )
    RTR RULES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos_I. View Post
    I got a problem. Every time I start a campaign I get back to the main menu. What is the problem?

thanks...

@ seleukos: delete map.rwm

We know but people want better skins!Not that the LOTR-TW skins are bad in any way.Also I noticed Arnor has no family tree.Is that correct or is it a bug?
    Last edited by Haigojan; July 26, 2009 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haigojan View Post
    We know but people want better skins!Not that the LOTR-TW skins are bad in any way.Also I noticed Arnor has no family tree.Is that correct or is it a bug?
    i know too, i only wanted to say one more time that i didnt create them...

the skins arent as good as the skins of TATW, but i dont know how to improve them, im a newbie at modelling and skinnung

edit:

its correct, that arnor has no family tree

Zikko's Avatar Tiro

Does "I suggest to install this submod on a clean TATW 1.1 Version." mean that you can't play third age?

if already done this

i know too, i only wanted to say one more time that i didnt create them...

the skins arent as good as the skins of TATW, but i dont know how to improve them, im a newbie at modelling and skinnung

edit:

its correct, that arnor has no family tree
    Oh, I didn't know that. We should really get the word out on this maybe there could be some skinners that will be generous enough to help cause so far I'm loving this game play

I am very intigued by this mod but I am unable to install it following the directions which I have followed several times. I am not complaining at all, I really appreciate the people who do this sort of thing but I could use a little help if anyone is willing. I examined the various files in the mod to see where they might go in the Third_Age sub folders but I'm just not sure. I am working with a fresh TATW install. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by brak View Post
    I am very intigued by this mod but I am unable to install it following the directions which I have followed several times. I am not complaining at all, I really appreciate the people who do this sort of thing but I could use a little help if anyone is willing. I examined the various files in the mod to see where they might go in the Third_Age sub folders but I'm just not sure. I am working with a fresh TATW install. Any help would be appreciated.
    Once you install the fresh version of TATW 1.1 just drag and drop the files.To make sure it works out all good open up the data folder of SATW and drag and drop the files in the TATW data folder. Also you may have to delete map.rwn for the game to go through the campaign.

Thank you very much for the reply Haigojan. I don't seem to have a data folder included in any of my 7z downloads of Second Age, 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3. I hope this doesn't mean I'm missing something. I could always create a data folder. I unzipped each 7z in order from SATW all the way to 1.3 into a common folder, replaced any older files and then dropped it all into the TATW data folder and deleted the map.rwn. and the game either sat there in limbo or crashed on startup. Anyway I'll try it again. Thanks.

Well I guess I'm missing something though I've been at it all day. Despite my best efforts and the kind advice I received the game just comes up with th TATW intro screen and then crashes. Guess I'll give it one more try and then give it up.

Failed again. I am quite persistent but I can't take anymore. Maybe I'll try it if it ever comes with an installer

Hey, Can we expect a Numenor Island in a later release?

@ brak: first install 1.0, then 1.1, 1.2, 1.3

u ve copied 1.0 over 1.3

@ franek620: no, bacause it was fall at 3000 Second Age already

@brak
    Do you use Winrar?I think it may be easier to unpack the files with that.It's free and very useful.

To Finarfin, I will try installing the mod incrementally and see how it goes, thanks for the advice. To Haigojan, I use ZipGenius 6 and have always had good luck with it but would certainly be willing to use Winrar if you think people find it more useful.

Well try it out and see if it works if it doesn't then I don't know what other advice to give.