Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Age - Total War - Version 2.3 (Third Age 3.2 compatible)

Default Re: Second Age - Total War - Version 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    1 - As Mathieu Of Belgium, asked before (no replies?) Was this campaign upgraded for TATW 1.4 ?
    2 - Does It erase the main TATW campaign, or is it a "Custom Campaign"?
    No and No I think though I'm not sure about a custom campaign.

Matthieu of Belgium, Razor got it working for TATW 1.2 and attached a descr_mount.txt to the post earlier in this thread. I just installed a clean vanilla copy of TATW 1.3 instead of TATW 1.2, followed the SATW install directions and then replaced the descr_mount.txt in the data folder with the one Razor provided and it worked. Like I said I only played 25 turns but I doubt it would crash if I kept playing. I somehow doubt that playing SATW 1.3 on TATW 1.2 or 1.3 would make any difference in the game but I'm no expert.
    Last edited by brak; January 24, 2010 at 09:24 AM.

Default Re: Second Age - Total War

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    Not sure why new models is a forced must with some people. If you want new models for this mini-mod make em yourself.
    For one thing it will still feel like you are playing Third Age.You have to create the feeling of a different age.A good part of that feeling would be visuals.Without the visual change it will pretty much more of the same.

The guys creating the First Age mod has made new units, maps,family trees and probably much more.They are grabbing the feeling of a different age.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "First Age: Total War" (Gondolin preview)

Last edited by OSDEA7; January 25, 2010 at 01:35 AM.

I was going to try it for 1.3 but never found the time. But either way cant wait for it to be patched to 1.4!

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    For one thing it will still feel like you are playing Third Age.You have to create the feeling of a different age.A good part of that feeling would be visuals.Without the visual change it will pretty much more of the same.

The guys creating the First Age mod has made new units, maps,family trees and probably much more.They are grabbing the feeling of a different age.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Where have you found these?

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie View Post
    Here you go

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie View Post
    New Russian First Age Mod ,http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=322725

"First Age: Total War" (Gondolin preview) - Total War Center Forums

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Thanks lads!

And again, I cannot delete this Submod from my Computer. I tried everything, but each time I want to uninstall it, it says it cannot be fully uninstalled or that it is, but it is still on hard disk, seems that I changed some important files, or deleting map.rwm messed everything up. Dunno, but the only solution last time was reinstalling whole Windows, do not have another 100 bucks for that again so... There was no such problem with RR/RC or War for Gondor, had a backup file and just replaced it and everything went smood. But this submod..
    Dunno what to do, I tried to delete it, than install again and rename it like you suggested, installed the new Third Age, clean it seems, but Second Age appears on menu again.
    I made a copy of clean version like it is suggested for the submods, but since it remembered Second Age, couldn t play it when I coppied that over last file.. Since Second Age is messed up as well, cannot play that as well, it worked without patches, but seems that patches messed something up, I installed them the wrong way... Have no idea what to do, because it is really frustrating, want to play it occasionally, but cant... Any ideas?

Glowbal's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Forlong View Post
    And again, I cannot delete this Submod from my Computer. I tried everything, but each time I want to uninstall it, it says it cannot be fully uninstalled or that it is, but it is still on hard disk, seems that I changed some important files, or deleting map.rwm messed everything up. Dunno, but the only solution last time was reinstalling whole Windows, do not have another 100 bucks for that again so... There was no such problem with RR/RC or War for Gondor, had a backup file and just replaced it and everything went smood. But this submod..
    Dunno what to do, I tried to delete it, than install again and rename it like you suggested, installed the new Third Age, clean it seems, but Second Age appears on menu again.
    I made a copy of clean version like it is suggested for the submods, but since it remembered Second Age, couldn t play it when I coppied that over last file.. Since Second Age is messed up as well, cannot play that as well, it worked without patches, but seems that patches messed something up, I installed them the wrong way... Have no idea what to do, because it is really frustrating, want to play it occasionally, but cant... Any ideas?
    Well.. delete everything that's in the folder, re-instal? I know that should work, since I did it as well.

Well, it did not, but I can play Second Age now since I deleted map.rwm, seems that patches installed it again. But now, when I play Second age battles, unit cards end everything below is blank... Just two are half-visible... Some kind of a bug or..? Someone encountered something similar as well? And the problem is that I renamed the files like it is suggested and everything and managed to install third age, new and blank, as it seems, but I cannot play Third Age, Menu says its Second Age... Dunno why.... Im really sorry to bother you guys with this kind of questions, but these Submods give me a real headache...

Edit: Unit cards are ok now, thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Forlong; February 21, 2010 at 04:44 PM.

Venia's Avatar Auxilium meum a Domino

Quote Originally Posted by Finarfin View Post
    Hi,

first of all: there are no new models!
    but i edited about 300 files
    i made a submod that starts 3400 of the second, so some years before the last alliance.
    There are now no German texts!

Version 1.0

List of Changes:

Patch 1.1

List of changes

Patch 1.2

List of changes

Patch 1.3

List of Changes:
    Credits:

Installation:

I suggest to install this submod on a clean TATW 1.1 Version.
    to install just copy the "data" folder into ur third age folder. Maybe u have to delete map.rwm at "data/world/maps/base/".

Downloads:

Version 1.0: http://www.filefront.com/14042257/Second%20Age.7z

Patch 1.1: http://www.filefront.com/14045877/pa...%20Englisch.7z

Patch 1.2: http://www.filefront.com/14055903/pa...%20Englisch.7z

Patch 1.3: http://www.filefront.com/14120445/Pa...%20Englisch.7z

Have fun

Finarfin
    shall I make some new units???
    SOI skinner/video maker/moderator
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496,

Please can you give clear instructions on how to install?

Wait this mod is for patch 1.1 or 1.3?

I have uploaded the system log.
    Last edited by drogoth232; February 28, 2010 at 01:04 PM.

You need TATW version 1.1.

Thag you very buch (you'll get it). Have any attempts been made to update it?
    Last edited by drogoth232; February 28, 2010 at 03:45 PM.

question...i installed third age total war to 1.1
    installed 1.0 of SA
    installed 1.1 of SA
    installed 1.2 of SA
    installed 1.3 of SA
    removed the map file
    started third age
    clicked on campaine
    game crashes

Please help...am i doing something wrong..

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Are there any plans to use the 1.5/2.0 stuff to add to this sub mod or is this dead, I think that you should get some one the extend the map just a little and add Numenor to the Second Age mod I think that would be great

ookkk i like the sound of this mod but if i install it will i be able to play third age or no?

Maybe update someday?
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

i want to make a new version, when TATW 2.0 is released. then i will use the new anorian units from TATW (they look awesome!!!).
    you are not able to play TATW if u installed my submod
    read carefully the installation-guide to get it correctly running. you need a clean TATW 1.1 version, most important thing...
    Last edited by Finarfin; May 22, 2010 at 10:14 AM.