Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Age - Total War - Version 2.3 (Third Age 3.2 compatible)

Default Second Age - Total War - Version 2.3 (Third Age 3.2 compatible)

Second Age - Total War 2.3

Patch 2.3 changelog:

- removed Rammas Echor
    - some script improvements
    - converted from TATW 3.1 to 3.2

Future features:

- script for last alliance if Sauron took big parts of Gondor
    - separate Lorien from High-Elves as an own faction

Gamenotes:

- this submod is completely in english (im mentioning that because of the firsts commentaries below)

- version 2.x are complete reworks of my former works (version 1.x)

- Mordor got at the beginning all of the 9 Nazgûl; A Nazgûl will be respawned, if he dies and Mordor owns Gorgoroth.

- There are no family trees left, look at this post for further informations: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post11154059

- be prepared: Sauron is very strong, do not wait to long with attacking him. And the Orcs are strong as well; they are able to defend themselves against Arnor, the High Elves and the Dwarves.

- I made a whole new projectile system: There are now three diffierent projectiles for each race (men, orcs, elves) -> 9 different projectiles

- I have also added a script for correct heirs, to make sure, that only decided characters inherit special ancillaries; here is a list:

Arnor:
    King of Arnor, Sceptre of Annûminas, Elendilmir & Ring of Barahir: Elendil -> Isildur (spawned on event) -> Elendur (spawned on event) -> Aratan (spawned on event) -> Ciryon (spawned on event) -> Valandil (spawned on event)

Gondor:
    King of Arnor, Sceptre of Annûminas & Elendilmir: Elendil (Arnor's Elendil) -> Isildur -> Elendur -> Aratan -> Ciryon -> Valandil
    King of Gondor & Ring of Barahir: Elendil (Arnor's Elendil) -> Anárion -> Meneldil

High Elves:

High-king/queen: Gil-galad -> Galadriel (if player agrees) -> Amroth -> Elrond (if player agress)
    Lord of Imladris: Elrond -> Glorfindel -> Erestor
    Lord of Mithlond: Cirdan (ancillary will not spawn again)

Silvan Elves:
    Silvan King: Oropher -> Thranduil -> Legolas

Dwarves:

King of the Longbeards & Longbeard's Ring of Power: Durin IV. -> Durin V. (spawned on event)

Installation

- You need a clean version of Third Age (3.2)
    - Download Second Age 2.3 (it's a complete version including 2.0, 2.1 & 2.2) https://mega.nz/#!ksxwmDbD!7nKCp5X9S...nF-_P6uDc7aSYE

- Extract the files and put the "data"-folder into your modfolder of Third Age (version 3.2); overwrite everything
    - Delete map.rwm at mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\base

Known bugs and issues:

- If you attack Osgiliath from the west-side of the Anduin, the attacker will deploy inside the city.
    - I removed the palantiri and their functions, because the functions are totally senseless, because all palantiri were owned by the Dúnedain
    - There is no ring-script left, because I could not manage to create a new one (I do not know, how to give the ring to Sauron's slayer, even if the slayer already got 8 ancillaries )

Patch 2.1 changelog:

- added a script: If a non-orcish faction conquers an orcish settlement, most of the population will be removed; it is realistic, because orcs living in the Misty Mountains or in Mordor will not serve any good faction and it is a balance act -> good factions do not become to strong, if you they conquer some orcish settlements
    - fixed the bug, that Osgiliath looks like Edoras (I just forget to copy some files to the archive (Version 2.0), I released )
    - this bug should not occur if you have downloaded the submod on the 10th of march or later

- savegame-compatibility: the bug should be fixed in your savegame, but the new script will not take effect (the old script should still work)

Patch 2.2 changelog:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Minas Ithil

Númenóreans

reworked unit roster

new eventpictures

capture building

lost building

faction most advanced

faction troubled

mission expired/lost

Dwarves

added dwarven clan of Firebeards

added dwarven clan of Broadbeams

Lórien

(name has been fixed in version 2.3)

Silvan Elves

New Silvan general (by koultouras), I have already added his Silvan captain, but just made no screenshot

- corrected some descriptions
    - added three of the dwarven rings (only three, which belonged to the leader of Durin's folk, to the leader of the Broadbeams and to the leader of the Firebeards)
    - added two other dwarven clans besides of Durin's folk: Broadbeams and Firebeards (in the Ered Luin)
    - made Gilraen's Memorial unbuildable in Imladris
    - Iron Hills now owned by Dwarves (Durin's folk)
    - renamed Iron Hills (settlement) to its origin name
    - added eventpicture for Dúnedain culture (faction troubled; capture building; lost building; faction most advanced; mission expired; mission failed)
    - fixed bug, which made it unpossible to send to troops to east nurn and south nurn
    - fixed bug, which made it unpossible to upgrade troll-cages
    - united Dale and Rhovanion
    - fixed the bug, that you could not recruit Arnor Militia in the latest castle barracks
    - added Taro_M's Minas Ithil Guard as new Citadel Guard (former Citadel Guard became Dismounted Knights of Armenelos)
    - added Agostinos' Arnor units as new Dúnadan high-tier units
    - added some Lorien units (6 units) of FROME, created by koultouras
    - added Mirkwood units of FROME, created by koultouras
    - moved Silvan Elves' capital to southern Greenwood
    - renamed Misty Mountains settlement
    - made Ents unrecruitable in custom battles
    - renamed regions/settlements of Mordor based on these sources (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post11193918)
    - adjusted description of Sauron-event
    - readded custom settlement of Minas Morgul (with edited textures) to Minas Ithil
    - made Ents only spawn if Fangorn is owned by Elves
    - fixed bug that Arnor's additional general had only mounted Dúnedain as bodyguard unit
    - Misty Mountains is now owned by OoMM

Second Age 2.0 Previews:

Dúnedain

Arnor:

Main menu:

Characters and regions:

Fornost Erain, Ettenmoors & Evendim Hills (Arnor)

Mitheithel & Bree-land (Arnor)

Tharbad (Arnor)

Minhiriath (Arnor)

Annûminas & Elostirion (Arnor)

Elendil in Annûminas (Arnor)

Isildur & his sons spawn in Arnor if Elendil dies and if you are not playing as Gondor. In this case Isildur becomes the King of Arnor; Isildur's sons would inherit the title of the king of Arnor and the Arnorian heirlooms if Isildur dies (everything works 100%, I have tested it; that should count for the whole submod ).

Gondor:

Main menu:

Regions and characters:

Isildur in Minas Ithil (Gondor)

Elendur in Osgiliath (Gondor)

Anárion in Minas Anor (Gondor)

Calenardhon (former Rohan) (Gondor)

Aglarond & Angrenost

Southern Gondor

Edhellond & south-eastern Gondor

The replaced and edited event-pictures:

Battle deployment & prebattle attack

Friendly general died

Reinforcements

Charactertrait/ancillary gained

Most andvanced faction (other faction)

New family leader/heir

Ambush (by player) & message_mt (I do not really know what it means )

Elves:

High Elves:

Main menu:

Regions and characters:

Gil-galad

Galadriel

New royal Noldorin bloodline (Galadriel)

Amroth as High-king (If Gil-galad & Galadriel are dead)

Celeborn

Elrond

Elrond as High-king (If Gil-galad, Galadriel & Amroth are dead)

Elrond's retreat (If Elrond could not become the new High-king; it is your choice)

Cirdan in Mithlond (High Elves)

Gildor Inglorion in Forlond (High Elves)

Minhiriath & Enedwaith (High Elves)

Eregion & Lothlórien

Advanced recruitment in Caras Galadhon (similiar to Mallen Tawar)

Vales of the Anduin (High Elves)

Glorfindel at the Ettenmoors & Imladris (High Elves)

Silvan Elves:

Main menu:

Regions and characters:

Legolas at the fort in northern Greenwood

Oropher at his halls

Thranduil in central Greenwood

The replaced and edited event-pictures:

Most advanced faction (other faction)

New faction leader/heir

New Noldorin King/Queen

Declined Noldorin King/Queen

Dwarves:

Main menu:

Regions and characters:

Durin IV. in Khazad-dûm

Farin in Hadhod Gobel

Ered Luin

Durin V.: The rebirth of Durin the Deathless (will be spawned after the death of Durin IV.)

Credits:

Thanks to
    - koultouras & the team of FROME (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323812) for permitting me to use his units (implemented most of their Lórien & Mirkwood units)
    - Agostinos for permitting me to use his units from AUM (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254552) (implemented all of his Arnorian and Silvan units)
    - Taro_M for permitting me to use his Minas Ithil Guardians (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=498703)
    - Devils_Advocate for permitting me to adjust the textures of his Minas-Morgul-settlement (settlement was already part of TATW)
    Have fun

Finarfin
    Last edited by Finarfin; May 24, 2016 at 10:28 AM.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Second Age - Total War

I wish I knew German...

Too bad its in german, most of the people (including myself) will not be able to play it well .

Anyway, nice job, I am sure it took a lot of time making it. Please make an english version soon.

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

First of all Awesome job. I cant wait to play this mod in English.

with no new models? no sauron? ... Ummm.
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

No new models?Haigojan does not approve
    However if you do manage to make some new models then I guarantee that this will be a hit

Not sure why new models is a forced must with some people. If you want new models for this mini-mod make em yourself.

new models so the units can look like they are from the second age. but if you already work out the bulk of the campaign people can just use their imagination for units and enjoy the rest. Then maybe some talented skinner/modeler who is bored might want to work on second age models later down the line.

Perhaps.But I just had a thought.It might not require a lot of work mainly cause there just needs to be an Arnor faction to replace Eriador and make a Numenorean army that replaces Gondors and Eriadors.Otherwise everything else stays the same. May take longer than a month but it can be completed.

Rohan could be used as kingdom of Rhovanion. *waits for theXand*

Maybe an Umbar black numenorian faction.

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Though I'm Dutch, I will translate it.

Dieser Númenorer ist ein Nachfahre der Könige Númenors und ist bereit sein Erbe anzutreten.

This Númenorian is from the line of the Kings of Númenor and is willing to claim his heritage

Die Linie Isildur besitzt das Blut der Könige Númenors, beginnend bei Isildur, Elendils Sohn.

The line of Isildur has the blood of the Kings of Númenor, starting at Isildur, Elendils son.

Die Linie Anárions besitzt das Blut der Könige Númenors, beginnend bei Anárion, Elendils Sohn.

The line of Anárion has the blood of the Kings of Númenor, starting at Anárion, Elendils son.

Einst zogen die Noldor von Cuiviénen in den Westen, nach Aman. Der Mächtigste Elb, Feanor, ein Noldo, schuf die Silmaril. Diese wurden von Morgoth gestohlen und nach Mittelerde gebracht. Das wiederum war den Noldor unter der Führung Feanors Grund genug, eine riesige Streitmacht aufzustellen und Morgoth herauszufordern. Feanor, seine Söhne, sein Halbbruder Fingolfin, Fingolfins Söhne, und Finarfins Kinder außer Galadriel fielen alle in diesem Krieg. Nachdem Earendil in den Westen fuhr und die Valar um Vergebung und Hilfe bat schlossen sich die Valar den Noldor an und segelten mit einer noch größeren Streitmacht nach Mittelerde; der Krieg des Zorns begann. Dieser wurde gewonnen und die Silmaril konnten wieder erlangt werden. Morgoth wurde besiegt und verlor seine gesamte Macht.

Once the Noldor of Cuiviénen in the west travelled, to Aman. The most powerful Elf, Feänor, a Noldor, created the Silmaril. These were stolen from Morgoth and brought to Middle-Earth. Under the leading of Feänor the Noldor formed a large army to challenge Morgoth. Feänor, his son, his half-borther Fingolfin, Fingolfins son, and Finarfins children except Galadriel were all killed in this battle. After that Earendil went to the west and asked the Valar for mercy and help. The Valar helped the Noldor and went with an even greater army to Middle-Earth; the War of Wrath began. Which was won and the Silmaril could be regained. Morgoth was defeated and lost his power.

Die Teleri, auch genannt "Die Nachzügler" sind die Zahlreichsten unter den Elbenvölkern. Lange Zeit waren sie auf Reisen und viele verirrten sich. Manche blieben daher in den Wäldern oder an den Küsten Mittelerdes, andere zogen weiter, östlich der Ered Luin nach Beleriand. Nach dem Fall Beleriands zogen viele von ihnen nach Lindon unter der Führung Cirdans, andere schlossen sich bereits bestehenden Elbenstädten wie die im Grünwald oder Lothlorien an.

The Teleri, also known as "The Ones that stayed" are the most numerous of the Elven peoples. For a long time they travelled and many got lost. Many believe that in the forests or at the shores of Middle Earth, others went further east than Ered Luin to Beleriand. After the fall of Beleriand many of them went to Lindon under Cirdan, others locked themselves in the existing Elven cities like those in Greenwood or Lothlorien.

Die Sindar sind vom Stamm der Teleri und haben nie das Licht der zwei Bäume gesehen. Daher kommt auch ihr Name (übersetzt: "Grauelben"). Nach dem Erwachen der Elben zogen sie in den Westen und gründeten bedeutende Elbenzufluchten im Grünwald, Lothlorien, Edhellond und in Lindon.

The Sindar are from the line of Teleri and have never seen the Light of the two Trees. From there comes their name (translated: "Elves of Twilight"). After the awakening of the Elves they travelled west and established important Elven settlements in Greenwood, Lothlorien, Edhellond and Lindon.

Die Zwerge, in ihrer Sprache nennen sie sich "Khazâd", sind die ältesten aller Kinder Ilúvatars. In seiner Ungeduld, die Kinder Ilúvatars zu sehen, erschuf der Valar Aule, Herr über alle Rofstoffe der Erde und Meister der Schmiedekunst, die sieben Väter der Zwerge. Aus ihnen entstanden die sieben Völker der Zwerge. Die bekanntesten Zwergenstädte sind Belegost, Nogrod und Khazad-Dûm. Nogrod wurde im 1. Zeitalter zerstört und Belegost Ende des 2. Zeitalters.

The Dwarves, call themselves "Khazâd" in their own language, they are the eldest of all the children of Ilúvatar. In his impatience, to see the children of Ilúvatar, the Valar Aule, Lord of all the creatures on Arda and Master of Forgery, created the seven Fathers of the Dwarves. From them came the seven peoples of the Dwarves. The most famous Dwarven cities are Belegost, Nogrod and Khazad-Dûm. Nogrod was destroyed in the First Age and Belegost at the end of the Second Age.

Dieser Elb ist der Nachfahre der Waldelbenkönige des Grünwaldes. Eines Tages wird er der Waldelbenkönig des Grünwaldes.

This Elf is from the line of the Kings of the Woodland Realm. Someday he will be King of the Woodland Realm.

Die ersten dieser Kreaturen waren erbärmliche Überbleibsel eines über Jahrzehnte gefolternden Elben unter der Herrschaft Morgoths. Nachdem die ersten Orks entstanden waren, war es ein leichtes ihre Anzahl imens zu vergrößern; zeitweise bis in die Millionen oder noch weiter.

The first of these creatures were remains of tortured Elves under the rule of Morgoth. After the first Orcs were created, it was easy to enlarge their numbers; occasionally, millions or even more.

There could be a few mistakes, so please correct me.

EDIT:
    Changed Mirkwood to Greenwood.

EDIT2:
    Changed lamps to trees. And Greenwood to Woodland realm.

Are there more things to be corrected? If so, say it now.
    Last edited by el Cid; July 15, 2009 at 04:28 AM.

ehm, its a bit more than "change eriador to arnor"

and all new texts are translated, only the long description of the 9 new traits are in german, but the short description and the effects discription of the traits are english

now, i ll make list of all features...

edit:

Thanks to el Cid!

added list of Features

edit:

NICE!

but there is no mirkwood, at this time, it called Greenwood

EDIT3:

and the description of the Sindar, the "light of the lamps", that are really trees, so i dont think that its right... but i didnt know the english translation, of the two trees, which were destroyed by melkor and ungolianth...

and the forest king, i think, woodlandrealm would be better, or not?

edit4:

no, its perfect now, i think...
    thanks!
    now, i ll upload the translation.
    Last edited by Finarfin; July 15, 2009 at 05:35 AM.

So now it's completely translated?

Default Re: Second Age - Total War - Version 1.1

yes

mambea's Avatar Libertus

Great job +rep!!

A few comments:

1. The numenorian units refer to Gondor
    2. Wasn't Dale part of Rhovanion back then?
    3. My guess is that the OotMM didn't call their settlement Azunilimbar-Dûm
    4. There weren't any Ithilien rangers back then
    5. The Elven units in Edhallond are "Unlocalised placement text"
    6. A lot has to be done in export_units

Good its in english now too, I will try it

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    A few comments:

1. The numenorian units refer to Gondor
    2. Wasn't Dale part of Rhovanion back then?
    3. My guess is that the OotMM didn't call their settlement Azunilimbar-Dûm
    4. There weren't any Ithilien rangers back then
    5. The Elven units in Edhallond are "Unlocalised placement text"
    6. A lot has to be done in export_units
    1. yes, what should i do? i like the sounds although they refer only gondor...
    2. maybe, could be and couldnt be...
    3. thats right, but how should it called?
    4. why shouldnt there be ithilien rangers?
    5. im sry, i uploaded the wrong file there i ll do a update...
    6. i didnt edited the long and short descriptions, only the names, thats right.

The Dwarves never lost the iron hills! just the lonely mountain. but i do see your point in not making it part of the Khazad faction. anyways awesome job so far keep up the good work! +rep!

thanks,

yes, the dwarves never lost it, but they founded their settlement there in 2590 ofthe third age, so its right what i ve done

Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast