Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mundus Magnus. Large map for RTW. Version 2.

Default Mundus Magnus. Large map for RTW. Version 2.

Mundus Magnus, v.2.0

Features:

1. New map expanded to north, south and east, with numerous changes within old area.
    2. More or less geographically correct depiction of landscapes and provinces (for 270 BC).

3. Corrected base farm levels of provinces. Better farms can be built only in regions with high fertility.
    4. Storms and floods happens more often.
    5. 4 new trade resources: ivory, salt, fish and horses.

6. Historically correct start positions of factions.
    7. Historically correct factions' symbols. (For strategy map only. You have to unpack pack files before installation to play with all new images.).

8. Scythia replaced with Sarmatia.

9. Rebalanced factions.
    10. Corrected compositions of rebels.
    11. Corrected old and new added mercenaries pools.
    12. New rebel units: Moorish Archers, Garamante Warriors, Nubian Spearmen.

13. New mercenary units: Aetolian Cavalry, Nomadic Cataphracts, Nubian Archers, Syrian Archers.

14. New units in city's view.

15. Rebels can produce diplomats, spies and assassins now.
    16. Reworked speed of units on different ground types on battle and strategy maps.
    17. Increased movement radius on strategy map.
    18. New walls system: wooden wall (available in town) - stone wall (available in large town) - large stone wall (available in huge city).
    19. Buildings corrections:
    - Stone walls are now available for Gauls, Iberians and Dacians.
    - Sarmatia cannot build walls.
    - Roads are not available in deserts anymore.
    - Caravan type buildings are available in lower levels of city.
    - Caravan type buildings are not available for Pontus anymore. Carthage and Numidia can build such type of buildings in desert regions. Silk Road is available for Parthia only.
    - Sarmatia cannot build roads, but can build Caravan.
    20. Anti-squalor changes:
    - "Health" buildings now have happiness bonus.
    - "Academy" buildings now have happiness and law bonuses.
    - Happiness bonus of "Entertainment" and "Tavern" buildings now increased.
    - Law bonuses of "Despotic" buildings now increased.
    - Walls now have law bonus.
    - Hippodrome and Circus Maximus now have happiness bonus.
    - Happiness and law bonuses of temples increased.
    - Increased effect of anti-squalor and law traits and ancillaries.
    21. Other cosmetic changes: correct leader pictures and new faction maps for faction selection screen; new faction colors for mini-map.
    22. Include community fixes:
    - Enabled mercenary Horse Archers in Armenia mercenary pool.
    - Seleucid Armoured Elephants are available only in regions with elephant resource now.
    - Iberian generals have proper appearance now.
    - Thracian Phalanx Pikemen are now available in Army Barracks.
    - Praetorian Cohorts can no longer be recruited before Marian reforms.
    - Scythian and Pontic General's units are upgraded after Marian reforms now.
    - Horse Archers can proper fire while moving.
    - Gauls can no longer recruit Naked Fanatics with farming shrine.
    - Rebel archers don't have British swordsman among 'em anymore.
    - Numidian family members can get priests as ancillaries now.
    - Assassins gains experience for successful sabotage now.
    - Fixed inconsistent mass values for Bastarnae Mercenaries, Bull Warriors, Silver Shield Legionaries.
    - Later Thracian general's bodyguards have proper stats now.
    - Sarmatian Mercenaries and Illyrian Mercenaries use correct modifiers when fighting mounted units.
    - Head Hurlers now are infantry throwing heads before charge.
    - Seleucid War Elephants now use indian elephant model instead of african.
    23. Include descriptions from "Completed Factions" mod by jpinard/Luvian/Siblesz.

Muchas gracias to Europa Barbarorum mod team, especially eadingas.
    Thanks to jpinard, Luvian and Siblesz for their Completed Factions mod.
    Thanks to CA for improving AI in 1.2.
    Thanks to Titus Andronicus for new units.
    Thanks to LAca for Garamante warrior.
    Thanks to Warspite for textures. (Sorry, man, I could not contact you anyhow to ask for permission. Hope, you don't mind I use it.)
    Thanks to all TW community for ideas.

Link for download:
    http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/index.php?mod=563

Fantastic , U are the best mapmaker of RTW world .... ^L^ ....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Aaah cool! Could somebody make stats for those mercenaries for SPQR?
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

..............Now, this is something awesome!!

Thanks NGR!

Indefinitely Banned

Awesome, im gonna download it later after my last final exam of the year but it looks great. :original:

edit: i paid no attention to the faction icon pics before but then i noticed they were different and clicked on it, very nice. I thought EB and you werent on good terms about this though, how would you be allowed to use their icons?

Looks wonderful, I am going to download it after my exams, also can I use the mercenary units in my mod, thanks ngr, Wonderful mod

I wonder does it work with Darthmod 5.x ?
    New map looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace
    edit: i paid no attention to the faction icon pics before but then i noticed they were different and clicked on it, very nice. I thought EB and you werent on good terms about this though, how would you be allowed to use their icons?
    It's not EB symbols. They made their own, I made mine. Though some of them are close related to EB ones. It's because I was in the team before and was taking part in discussions about faction symbols. So since that times I have kinda definite thoughts about what symbols what factions should have... Hope I'm not guilty in spreading historical knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by -=Maximus Whitewolf=-
    I wonder does it work with Darthmod 5.x ?
    I think it's possible after some corrections for adaptation.

This is amazing stuff....You realy
    should join a big mod? Like? SPQR?
    Or R:tr?

EDIT:

I think if he joined a 'big mod' we would lose him, this way is more usefull + Lt1956 makes his mod compatible with him and other....
    Ow You Have A Point!
    Last edited by The_Lords_Skinner; June 20, 2005 at 08:03 AM.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

I think if he joined a 'big mod' we would lose him, this way is more usefull + Lt1956 makes his mod compatible with him and other....
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

you guys rock !!! it's the 5th time in one month when i'm starting a new campaign with your wonderful map...thank you so much for expanding my RTW experience....
    ====> the enemy of my friend is my spy <====
    Marcus Neotorious

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ngr
    It's not EB symbols. They made their own, I made mine. Though some of them are close related to EB ones. It's because I was in the team before and was taking part in discussions about faction symbols. So since that times I have kinda definite thoughts about what symbols what factions should have... Hope I'm not guilty in spreading historical knowledge.

After i posted that i looked back and realized that they werent totally the same, sorry about that

Put this into RTW right after downloading it and jeez, was I impressed. New faction buttons, spies and diplomats for the city view, and the mini-map. Nothing less than fantastic!!!

I didn't see anything mentioned about it, so I'll ask anyway. Are the scareface bugs fixed in this version? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Carsomyr
    I didn't see anything mentioned about it, so I'll ask anyway. Are the scareface bugs fixed in this version? Or is it just me?
    Sorry, not fixed. I just have no time and enough skills to do it. I looked through CVP files to understand how they did it (actualy I never played with CVP, just was told that they fixed it), but could not get it. For me it seems like they just disabled this feature. So it's a work for somebody more skilled in scripting.

ngr
    Отличная работа!!! (Excellent work!!!)

Могу я поинтересоваться, почему в rebel_faction_descr_enums.txt вместо Otadinoi у тебя поставлено etOtadinoi ? Есть ли в этом смысл?

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy
    Могу я поинтересоваться, почему в rebel_faction_descr_enums.txt вместо Otadinoi у тебя поставлено etOtadinoi ? Есть ли в этом смысл?
    Если такого нет в оригинальном файле, то, значит, это случайно поставил я. Смысла никакого, по-видимому, нет. Но удивительно, что все при этом работает.

Quote Originally Posted by ngr
    Если такого нет в оригинальном файле, то, значит, это случайно поставил я. Смысла никакого, по-видимому, нет. Но удивительно, что все при этом работает.
    Thank you for reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Enemy
    Thank you for reply!
    Sorry, I don't speak English.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast