Thread: Game will not intialize.

Default Game will not intialize.

I have tried to install this mod twice now, and both times when I try to start it up the icons on my desktop disappear, and then reappear but the game never starts. I tried uninstalling Kingdoms so that it would be working with a fresh copy of the game, but ran into the same problem. The first time I installed the mod I also installed 1.1 update, but the second I did not seeing as I did not want to install everything if I was going to run into the problem again.

I did see a problem similar to this on the forum, but seeing as I had already tried re installing I decided to open my own topic on it. In this other post they asked for a log to be provided, but I don't know how to get it so if someone could tell me I would appreciate it.

Default Re: Game will not intialize.

Well, did you install both part 1 & part 2 of the mod, did you install any sub-mods, did you start the mod with the correct Third Age.bat file?

I installed both parts 1 and 2, and I started it using the desktop icon. By .bat file do you mean the MS-DOS Batch file? That is the only one that looks like it could be .bat

No sub mods.

Icon8 Re: Game will not intialize.

Same problem here!
    When I clik on the .batch file it tells me that it is impossible to find the "kingdoms.exe" file....

I don't receive an error message of any type, but sounds like the same general problem to me!

No more helps? I want to rule Middle Earth though!

I don't know what to say, there's no reason why it shouldn't work if everything's done correctly. By "correctly" I mean following the installation instructions:

- Install Part1, Part2 & Patch 1.1 into the default 'Medievall II Total' War directory.
    (Normally this is: 'Programs/SEGA/Medieval II Total War')
    If you have installed Medieval II into another folder, please select the folder manually.

- Start the mod with the 'Third Age - Total War' shortcut on your desktop
    Did you install the mod in the wrong place maybe? The shortcut mentioned in the instructions leads to the *.bat file I mentioned, I was just making sure you weren't trying to start the mod with kingdoms.exe or something like that.

I followed the instructions exactly and I have double and triple checked its in the right folder. I decided to try another mod to see if it had the problem as well, and it does. Third Age Total War does the exact same thing. I guess its just my computer. Oh well. The darned thing has enough other problems that I guess this is just one more. Thank you very much for your help!

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Trrave20 View Post
    I followed the instructions exactly and I have double and triple checked its in the right folder. I decided to try another mod to see if it had the problem as well, and it does. Third Age Total War does the exact same thing. I guess its just my computer. Oh well. The darned thing has enough other problems that I guess this is just one more. Thank you very much for your help!
    I got an idea for you!

Change the name of any of the Kingdoms campaign. Medieval II total war\mods\
    Rename for example crusades (you can choose between all kingdoms campaigns).

Crusades

to

Crusades1vanilla

Then change Third_age to crusades.
    Then start it like you start crusades, and enjoy Third Age Total War !

Ill try it! And if it works I will love you forever!

OMG! If I weren't a guy I would SO offer to have your child! I think that this issue and fix should be recorded somewhere in case anyone else has it!