Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Foederatus

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

I downloaded the animations, but I cannot find the slinger in the examples. It is missing? Somebody can help? I need of this animation for a new mod I started. I will give asap info on my mod that is based on precolumbian america.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Quote Originally Posted by andima View Post
    I downloaded the animations, but I cannot find the slinger in the examples. It is missing? Somebody can help? I need of this animation for a new mod I started. I will give asap info on my mod that is based on precolumbian america.
    Slinger is NOT included in examples.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Foederatus

And how to do skeletron and joints without examples?

And how to do skeletron and joints without examples?
    I believe its the same skeleton with bow_bone in the examples.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hey all, could someone please explain me how to install those bowstring animations for archers and crossbowmen?

For DBM we have utilized the Slinger animation from banzai animation pack.... (this is the animation that i made for banzai )
    Forums:............freeforumzone - mtwitalia - twcenter
    Works:.....worldcollision file - ModelReferencePoints files - MaxScript Building Editor
    Other:.............siege-engine(video) - new-animations(video) - buildings
    Have to take the money where it is: at the poor. They have little, but they are many. Alphonse Allais

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

I'm having a pretty big issue and I'm hoping someone can help out. I recently transferred a bunch of the Baltic: Total War units over to my vanilla M2TW game and noticed that the archer units looked funny. I realized that I needed the animated bowstrings that the Baltic Team used, so I downloaded the latest version of this pack and installed them the same way I installed the Marka Horse animations. I rebuilt the animations pack, blah blah blah, and I tested it in-game. The "polish_shooters" (mounted crossbow unit) and the polish pavise crossbowmen (another Baltic Total War unit) utilized the new crossbow string animations and looked perfectly fine. Now, up to this point I had only added the crossbow string animations because I wanted to test them. Seeing as they worked, I went back to the bowstring animation pack I downloaded and copied the "M2TW longbowmen string" (or something like that) animations folder, as well as the corresponding mounted versions. I went through the same process as I had previously gone through with installing them. However, this time the game would not start when I tried to rebuild the animation packs. I had not yet assigned the new longbow string animations, so I knew it wasn't from that. I looked at the error log and it basically told me that a bunch of animation files for the Longbow String and HR Longbow String were missing. I went to the animation folder to check it out, and sure enough, there were only 2 animation files in the M2TW Longbow String animation folder when there should've been a lot more. I redownloaded the animation pack to make sure I didn't get an incomplete download, but it was the same scenario.

So, essentially, I know how to install this files and get the animations working. However, the bowstring animations pack (latest version that was posted in this thread) is missing files. These files were used by Baltic Total War for their archer units, so they must have existed at some point. Is there any way I can get these missing files?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Hi, Is there anybody able to explain in a simple way how to use/implement the FabiusBile animations?
    I'm new in animations and can't understand how to do it. I understand the model upgrade. I understand the descr_skeleton.txt file update (if necessary). What I don't understand is how to use these animations. Usually, there's a pack.dat and a skeleton.dat files required to unpack respectively the animations and the skeletons. But in the FabiusBile stuff, these files are missing.

I've tried to merge directly the FB animations with the original ones, have deleted the .dat and .idx files (in the main M2TW folder and in my submod folder as well) and have udated my .cfg file as follow:
    Code:
    [util]
    no_animdb = true
    But, the .dat and .idx files don't regenerate.

I've also tried to merge them again and, to unpack them and to repack them (hoping that the new animations would be taken in consideration by the game that way). But in that case, I can start a campaign but I can't fight on the battle map or play a custom battle as the game crashes. Unfortunately, the log doesn't say anything that can help.

Any help is welcome.
    I thank you in advance.

Edit: I think I've got it. However, when unpacking the animations, it seems that some of them are not included in the file (f.e. the phalanx formation).
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 27, 2015 at 02:28 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

andry18's Avatar Tiro

sorry guys, is there any way to download FabiusBile's new version of the bowstring animation or it's forever gone? :/

Blog Entries

Check the post #127 on page 7. It was still working recently. If the link is dead, let me know and I'll make a new one
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

andry18's Avatar Tiro

The anthonius's post redirects to the one of FabiusBile himself, #115 on 6th page, but unfortunately the file has been removed, I suppose.
    If you can reupload the file, it would be of great help, thank you

Blog Entries

Yes, you're right. It seems that some links have disappeared during the last few days. May be a server problem
    I'll make new links tonight.

It seems that TWC desided to errase almost all attachments. That is why Fabius's links are missing.
    My extented tutorial here.
    Banzai's link works though.
    EDIT: I found my personal back up of FabiusBile animation upgrade.
    I will add the link in my tutorial soon.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; March 05, 2015 at 02:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Many thanks AnthoniusII.

By the way, you might help me. I'm trying to implement the FabiusBile animations in my SSHIP submod. I have to upgrade the original Stainless Steel animations.
    When I unpack them, in the list file, there are 2 paths and I get 2 folders:
    - 1 folder named data
    - 1 folder named mods
    In the list filke, I have some animations with the following path: data/animations/...
    And some others with that path: mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/animations/...

Prior to update my animations, I've tried to change the paths in the list file to have only one. So I've corrected the path to get all animations as mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/animations/... and have merged the animations from the "data" folder with the ones in the "mods" folder. Finally, I've re-packed them.
    However, when I tried to use the new pack.dat and pack.idx files, the game crashes (CTD) straight away and the log says there's a missing .cas file.
    I've cheked and the file is there.
    I've also tried to change the path in a other manner but I still have the same result. I've also looked in the descr_skeleton.txt file but I couldn't find anything that can explain the CTD.
    Any idea?

Many thanks in advance.

Edit: I think I got it. If I modify the path for the animations, I also need to unpack the skeletons and then, for each modified path for the animations, I have to edit the relevant skeleton file and to modify the path in it according to the new animation one. Am I right?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 05, 2015 at 03:58 AM.

andry18's Avatar Tiro

downloading, thanks once again anthonius!!

Blog Entries

Is there anybody able to explain what the difference is between the fs_slof_horse animation (from FabiusBile pack) compare to the original fs_horse one (from vanilla)?
    Many thanks in advance.

Hello!

I'm in the process of merging animations from SS + Banzai/FB pack + RC2.0 on top...
    Not really sure if I'm doing it the right way but the Banzai/FB descr_skeleton.txt is referencing to a bunch of animations, namely MTW2_Legion/etc, that are not inlcuded in the download file, I really don't care about the legion animations except for the part that they seem to be referenced by a different handgun+pavise animation group which I might be interested in using someday...
    So can anyone help to clarify if my download was incomplete somehow or if there is something else behind, since original banzai uploads were taken down on copyright issues

Well it appears to be that the links generously posted by Anthonius II are not the complete pack, they rather seem to be incremental updates of it.
    Had to scavenge for the rest of the animations within other mods that use Banzai animations such as Deus lo Vult and Broken Crescent, still not sure if I have gotten everything referenced in the descr_skeleton.txt but at least seems to be what I'm most interested on, complete bowstrings animations files.

Yes, indeed there was need to search a lot around to have the full pack...

In any case, the bowstrings are generally short/long and their variations fast/slow, plus some editing which can be done in the descr_skeleton to customize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Well it appears to be that the links generously posted by Anthonius II are not the complete pack, they rather seem to be incremental updates of it.
    Had to scavenge for the rest of the animations within other mods that use Banzai animations such as Deus lo Vult and Broken Crescent, still not sure if I have gotten everything referenced in the descr_skeleton.txt but at least seems to be what I'm most interested on, complete bowstrings animations files.
    I'm having that same problem - lots of files are missing such as "MTW2_Spear_Overhand" and because of that it's crashing on launch. I've been trying to replace the missing files with vanilla ones and also removing some altogether from descr_skeleton but there are so many that this would take for ever.

Did you manage to find these files/ how did you fix this?