Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Opifex

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

One thing: definitely do not use GOM's old converter if you have custom-bone skeletons. You need to use GOAT 1.1 only.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Yep, that's what I'm using, but no luck so far. This is what it says when I try to merge an external skeleton with a model, can anybody tell what it's griping about? I'm not sure if this is the same error I get when I try to kit-bash model parts, but it looks similar.
    Code:
    Reading ms3d file: G:/Downloads/Games/GOAT_GOAL_ver1_0/workbench/cnj_town_guard_
    light_archers_lod0.ms3d
    Read ms3d vertex section
    Read ms3d triangle section
    Read ms3d group section
    Read ms3d material section
    Read ms3d keyframer data
    Read ms3d joint section
    Read ms3d first subversion number
    thecomment is Head
    head_01

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Legs
    legs_01

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Legs
    legs_02

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Legs
    legs_03

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Hands
    hands_01

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Head
    head_09

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Head
    head_10

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Arms
    arms_Lmail_01

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Arms
    arms_Lmail_02

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Arms
    arms_Lmail_03

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Arms
    arms_Lmail_04

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Legs
    legs_04

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Body
    L_mail_body_01

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Body
    L_mail_body_02

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Body
    L_mail_body_03

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Body
    L_mail_body_04

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Body
    L_mail_body_05

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Body
    L_mail_body_06

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is Attachments3
    teeth

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is secondaryactive0
    knife secondary_36

ntoks is 4
    knife secondary_37

ntoks is 4
    knife secondary_38

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is secondaryactive1
    knife secondary_39

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is primaryactive0
    self bow_43

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is primaryactive1
    self bow_44

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is equipment0
    quiver_67

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is equipment0
    quiver_68

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is equipment0
    quiver_69

ntoks is 4
    thecomment is arrow
    arrow

ntoks is 4
    Read ms3d group comment section
    Read ms3d material comment section, number of comments = 0
    Read ms3d joint comment section
    Read ms3d model comment
    Read ms3d second subversion number
    Exception in Tkinter callback
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "G:\Program Files\Python26\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1410, in __call__

return self.func(*args)
      File "G:\Downloads\Games\GOAT_GOAL_ver1_0\GameObjectApplicationToolbox_v1_1.py
    ", line 2212, in ms3dMergeWithExternalSkeletonFileButton
        ms3dMergeWithExternalSkeletonFile( ms3dfilename, skeletonfilename )
      File "G:\Downloads\Games\GOAT_GOAL_ver1_0\GameObjectApplicationToolbox_v1_1.py
    ", line 409, in ms3dMergeWithExternalSkeletonFile
        ms3dobj.fromfile( fnms3d )
      File "G:\Downloads\Games\GOAT_GOAL_ver1_0\GameObjectApplicationLibrary_v1_1.py
    ", line 12750, in fromfile
        self.weightsection.fromfile( fid )
    ", line 12514, in fromfile
        self.list[ii].fromfile( fid )
    ", line 12435, in fromfile
        self.secondaryboneId = getbyte( fid )
    ", line 116, in getbyte
        (thebyte,)             = struct.unpack( 'b', fidin.read(1) ) # 'b' is signed
     byte.
    error: unpack requires a string argument of length 1
    Edit:
    Alright, seems like there was some problem with the model itself or somesuch... Eventually I tried to merge it with a previous version of the model before it got its weapons and it seems to have worked fine. Apparently it wasn't liking the weapons for some reason.
    Last edited by Surgeon; March 20, 2010 at 09:52 PM.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Sorry to double-post, but now I've got another, completely separate problem:

I rigged an archer with the bowstring animation, but there seems to be a small graphics glitch that occurs when the archers switches to his knife secondary weapon. Seems like the bone attached to the arrowhead sticks out behind the man, thus making it look like he has a long, thin stick sticking out of his hand and reaching somewhere behind him. Did I rig something incorrectly? It seems to work perfectly except for this one glitch. I also noticed all of the included examples use swords as secondary, so maybe this is something to do with the knife animation?
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

so, fnally is impossible make/use war wagons in game?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Ok the skeleton has been added to a model of CBUR.
    Animations too...
    In the ms3d the secondaryactive weapon is "floating" on the air (see pic).
    Will this happen ingame too or since the axe wont be visual at the momentthe bow will be used wont apear that way at all?
    If it will apear what do i have to do to fix it?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Wesserd's Avatar Tiro

Can i use it with Medieval II, or is it for a submod?

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

you can use it with whatever you want
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Wesserd's Avatar Tiro

Ah oke thanks!

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Ok the skeleton has been added to a model of CBUR.
    Animations too...
    In the ms3d the secondaryactive weapon is "floating" on the air (see pic).
    Will this happen ingame too or since the axe wont be visual at the momentthe bow will be used wont apear that way at all?
    If it will apear what do i have to do to fix it?
    It may not float while the bow is being fired, but is something which should be fixed anyway.

The problem this occurs is because the axe is attached to the wrong bone. It needs to be attached to the Bone_Rhand. If done so, it will no longer move when other bones are moving.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    It may not float while the bow is being fired, but is something which should be fixed anyway.

The problem this occurs is because the axe is attached to the wrong bone. It needs to be attached to the Bone_Rhand. If done so, it will no longer move when other bones are moving.
    Τhanks for the reply!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

ok so i download it and i only get bowstring , i want to get decaps and chariots, how is that possible?

can someone do the decapitation for me like have it ready so i can just install it please ive been waiting for gore in this game thx pm if you please ill rep you

iv tried to do this but its way over my head is it possible to create a installer ? +Rep for anyone that does and does anyone know if this is going to be implemented into the next release of SS ? cheers

Here is a small guide to avoid invisisble bowstrings,arrows etc.

In order to improve existing bowmen units with Bantzai’s bow string animation you need both GOM and GOAT programs

You have to merge every ms3d part in GOM because for some reason I haven’t understand it when I merged ms3d parts

with GOAT on already existing models those parts simply did not appear in game!

It is crucial when you are about to add a bow to your model, this must have a fully 3d string. Bows so far seam to have strings but they are not visible with Bantzai’s animations.

In my case, I took the string from a bow that allready had such bowstring.

Step 1: You download Bantzai’s animation pack from here:

[
    http://www.filefront.com/14542039/ro...onspack_v12.7z ]

Step 2: Complete your model in GOM.

Step 3: Inside Bantzai’s pack, you will find some examples:

Each example has some “skelemerge” files.
    Follow Bantzai’s guide carefully of what animation and skeleton you will choose.

When you feel that your model is ready, (do not forget to merge a 3d string with your bow model), then
    COPY your model in to GOAT. I say copy because if something will go wrong you cannot modify you model in GOM or merge other parts in GOAT.

The model in GOM program will be the basis for improvements and changes.

Step 4: Go to GOAT and choose the “merge with external skeleton” button.

Then choose your model copy of your units and then the “skeleton bowbone.skelmerge” for longbow men or “skeleton shortbowbone.skelmerge” for small and composite bows!

Step 5: This is the tricky part because as the bow is curved, its vertexes must reassign progressively to the two new bows (bowstring. bone and to the bow offset one)!

Plus the bowstring vertexes too.
    Step 6: Convert always your model with the new skeleton with GOAT.

If the mod has already the animations, you should simply choose the right one in the modelsdb text. But remember to rename the mesh to the name you wish because GOAT adds words like : merged or converted.

PS: Do not forget the arrow. You must convert a unit that already has it with GOM and merge it with your model’s bow in GOM before you will sent your model in GOAT.

Remember that if your model does not satisfy you for some reasons return to the one you have in GOM and do your changes there and then repeat steps 4, 5 and 6.

No matter if you convert a model’s mesh to ms3d with or without GOAT the extra bows are gone and the GOM will crash if you will try to work with it a model that already has been converted by GOAT.

PS2: In order the units to be fuctional with the new skeletons and animations you will have to already make a new animation/skeleton pack for your mod
    or it must have them already .
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; August 13, 2010 at 10:29 AM.

Hi,

I have started a project adding bowstrings to Stainless Steel using the animations pack here. Having experience with skeletons myself in Call of Warhammer, I took the opportunity to rework some of the animations and I thought it would be opportune to share it with the rest of the community.

Find attached to this post my reworked animations which can be installed on top of v1.0 (v1.2 patch not required, included inside).

Main features of update:

• Horse archers pull arrows from side scabbard rather than the back.
    • Archer arrows appear as soon as they are pulled from the scabbard, rather than having the arrow appear midway through the animation.
    • MTW2_Longbowman_String animation corrected so arrowhead ends up on other side of bow, a la MTW2_Shortbowman_String.
    • Added new skeleton MTW2_Veryshortbowman_String for very short bows that were turning up in Stainless Steel Rusichi units.
    • Redone Pavise handgunner animation needed for Stainless Steel

For comparison my reworked Longbowman animation and the old version:

Old:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

New:

Note arrow is on correct side of bow.

Horse archer animation: arrow pulled from side scabbard.

Pavise handgunner:

Download Link:
    Attached to post. Extract over v1.0 or v1.2 animations pack.

Do we need to regroup all the animation files again or it just changes the animation descr.text?
    I am itnteresting in the horsearcher animation.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

You made my day.
    +rep

Horse archers pull arrows from side scabbard rather than the back
    I waited this anim since years.

I am afraid that the new horse animation wont be in TGC mod because we can not unpack/repack the animation .cas files...

Forever Knight's Avatar Libertus

hey, can anyone help me by uploading the complete animation set? im desperate for these animation files... im using stainless steel 6.3. i did all the animation and stuffs but then my hardisk crashed.... soo i dont want to redo everything all over again... i'll give a +rep to anyone who can do it for me... pm me.... and thanks in advance

What do you mean by uploading the animation files?
    Do you mean that if some one has allready packed the new version of the animations?