Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

I did find most within Broken Crescent and another obscure mod called HEGEMONY, released by banzai in another site
    of course these are in the converted .CAS format so you need to use Zarathos tools to add them to your own animation pack, following the tutorial Lifthrasir posted
    (would post a link if I had it at hand but seems I can't find it)

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Update! - Animated Bowstring, War Wagon and Decapitations Animations Pack

Is it possible to upgrade decapitation animation by placing cutoff line on the limb (shoulder or palm), ane even leg - for more realistic combat?

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I suppose more maiming is possible.
    Are you going to implement this?

Well, I'm utterly noob in modelling and new animation making, can only merge with Modellers Toolbox. But I have a modeller on our board who has interest in this.

I suppose that limb cutting will need new animation frame, because current is for neck striking only. So here is 2 issues - is it possible to make a "cut off line" somewhere else but neck. If yes, then we need a new animation frame for limb\palm cutting.

Absolutely possible, the only potential issue is that there can't be any weighting between the two sides, so for cutting off arms at the elbow or shoulder, you can't have anything weighted between the bones, or they'll just stretch instead of separating. Hands usually don't have complex weighting, so it'd be easy to cut off hands. Some models look fine with elbows or shoulders with no weighting, but a lot won't look as good. You might be able to get a nice separation between torso and pelvis, and it'd even be possible to add internal organs that'd stretch between the two when the model is cut in half, for an extra gory effect.

So, I'm trying to implement decapitation into my Westeros mod.

Added animation from banzai's project, it works fine, no CTD. Wanted to test it on prepared unit models from his stuff, here they are
    https://yadi.sk/d/u3vTZUpk3VgnJc

Converted them into mesh and got two pretty Jesus syndrome models in game. What did I miss?

So I did it, but got some issues. On vanilla maps everything is fine, but on my custom mod tactical maps sometimes heads don't fall to the ground and stay suspended near the ground. How do you think, what is the reason?