Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [AAR] The Mere Scum Of The Earth.

Default Re: [AAR] The Mere Scum Of The Earth.

waiting eagerly for the update! keep upthe good work!

Praepositus

man working on an AAR must be really hard work..

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    Cheers Blackshamrock... Yeah I got in a bit of trouble with that line... No disrespect intended though, I'm part Irish too, plus they were excellent soldiers. Just trying to get the atmosphere of the time... I'm not about to write a "Hate on Irish" AAR... He will be respected for Irish bit later on don't you worry.

But cheers for the feedback, I'm learning as I go... liking the AAR experience makes playing my campaign more fun as you really get into it... I'm at work now but expect a killer update tonight with the first action lol.
    No bothers at all Stildawn. I would like to call consecutive chritasism . But Don't worry man its all good and I'm looking forward to having good read off your next up date. Now your where saying that you lack ARR experience. Man don't worry your not a lone. I've always wanted to right one but to be honest never got round to it. But from my own experience in regard to writing, not that i do much but as you right more you get better. My buddy Donal used to do alot of RP writhing! but some of the story's he wrote are fantastic. But my advice man is the same as anything you do. Practice makes perfect. Have good on man and keep up the good work.

would love an update whenever you have time.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Was gonna do an update last night but had internet problems lol and was busy lol... The next update should be pretty large. Hopefully tonight.

UPDATED!!

Shes a long one lol

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Oh wow my first glimpse at an Empire AAR,well done very impressed,a mix of pics and screenies to make the story real life..like. ^_* Keep up the good work!

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

wow that was a great battle! did you do all this in APE? cos you seem to have loots of money xD

Praepositus

No kidding when you said it was a longie... nice job man!!! Oh... and about the Angus Haven thing you told me... all safe with me!

wow that was a great battle! did you do all this in APE? cos you seem to have loots of money xD
    Its called school burning lol... And I wasnt joking when Lord Smith said "the cost cutting in your departments" I have basically nothing but a navy lol. Trying to get my trade going before taxing my economy too much.... but like the update said... Its looking up now lol.

Oh... and about the Angus Haven thing you told me... all safe with me!
    Haha cheers Am.az lol did you see your edited line in there?

Man did I have headaches last night trying to post that... did the the whole thing off a word doc... and for some reason if you highlight all of it in the word doc then copy and paste... it puts it in these gay quote looking boxes on the forum... So you have to copy and paste each line... Anyway I had done it all took about an hour, inserted the pics... Then I clicked "Preview Post" to check it before posting lol.. And the page crashed.... I can tell you there were a few swear words thats for sure... So if you were on about 11:45pm last night (my time) you'll have noticed a rough post first with no pictures as I spent another hour doing it again piece by piece this time so I didnt lose it all again lol.

Anyway... Ive already got the material for the next update... Just got to write it... Its funny you play for like half an hour and sometimes you get enough material for like 2 or 3 hours of AAR work lol.

Praepositus

lol... must've taken a lot of patience... well, after seeing how much work really goes in to making an AAR and the difficulties of posting each chapter... I don't think I could be one to make my own... too much for me lol... but nice job!

Its good fun though.... you get way more "into" the campaign this way lol...

Praepositus

hmm... lol... I guess I could try lol... probably can't top yours (or any other in this sub-forum)

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

Well done stil. That was garte up date well done man. Keep up the good work

Glad you guys are liking it.... hopefully gonna get an update up tonight...

Brilliant AAR,
    maybe there could be a tie-in between my Navy AAR and yours.

Yeah I was reading yours lol a good start got me interested lol.... Have you updated? I must go check lol.

Praepositus

so... Still, any helpful tips on how to start an AAR?? I'm about to start writing mine... so I was just wondering lol...

Your doing a german one correct? This is what I did...

Firstly decide what style you want.

I decided to go with a story heavy style, using the campaign as an idea generator/setting more than anything.. You could go with "first person", "third person" or "narrative or god like" perspective.

Chose the characters, either fictional ones or ones that are in game, Fictional like my David O'Hagan, or in game ones like Angus Haven

Now I basically mapped out my plot from the start but you may not want to do that, my mapped out plot influences the way I play my campaign, if you want more freedom, just have fraps running and gather as much info as you play the game, and make it up as you go along on what you've gathered..

Instead of taking notes, I just take alot of screenshots which remind me of what was going on... You dont have to use them all but they are good to have.

insert humor when you can lol.

Thats basically what I do... oh and put alot of thought into your opening lines lol. As with any litterature they are important lol.
    Last edited by Stildawn; July 16, 2009 at 11:58 PM.

Praepositus

changed to the Italian States (interesting to have the Pope involved, eh?)... and I'm doing it off one or two characters... so this info is pretty nice...

I also might take a few screenshots, but I'm mostly going to get images from the Web that could possibly be involved with my AAR

Thanks for all this information... and I expect to start writing tomorrow if things go well...

EDIT: OH, and +rep for good info!