Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Marcellus/Caesar

Default Re: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Marcellus/Caesar

"Indeed, I know we have two legions in Southern Italy but what of the North?"
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

I would propose Senator Volero be appointed proconsul of Sicily.

ooc: Rufus, that's your job

Kingzilla's Avatar Campidoctor

Before the Questor began his report...

"...His name Lucius Julius Caesar. My reasons are simple. He has done much for Rome and it's people and see no better man that fits it's role. Does anyone object?"
    The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.

-Napolean Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by Přntifex View Post
    I would propose Senator Volero be appointed proconsul of Sicily.

ooc: Rufus, that's your job
    OOC: AHHH! SLOW DOWN!! Do I appoint a Pro Consul?

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Seneca rolls his eyes at the Censor's proposal. These men would place trivial honors before the plight of the people. He shot a pleading glance at Marcellus to get to the point at hand.

ooc: No, Rufus, you give a report on the military. The senate decides the Proconsuls.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Roads are vital for our economy but so is ports to.
    I think that our Questor should look into the possibility to create new roads but also some ports to support the boost of trade that the new rods will bring.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Caesar rose.

"Silence! Censor, let us first deal with the matters at hand."

Kingzilla's Avatar Campidoctor

OOC: did you see the Italic
    The best way to keep one's word is not to give it.

-Napolean Bonaparte

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

"I believe too much of the expenditure has been put on building. We most likely will not get through that amount of building in this year, and therefore, we must set down the necessities that need to be built, and leave the luxuries to a later date, when our treasury is more full, and times are not as strained. But before we look at our infrastructure, I believe we must make sure our military defenses are secure, and our armed forces well stationed.

Trivial matters such as the appointment of a Princeps Senatus are for the moment unnecessary. The focus of our discussion at this time must be how to manage our Republic and our armies during this time of war."

Cato, as I said, we all of our cities with the exception of Croton are currently in the midst of constructing edifices. I shall look into further economic buildings as soon as slots become available and the senate allows me funds. Until then there is little I can do except allocate denarii to construct roads in Croton.

Seneca nodded to Marcellus in approval.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Your right Questor, I may have been to hasty. All things needs it's time I guess.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

As soon as we are finished with the economic report and decisions, I have a proposal for the Senate to consider.

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

Quintus waits patiently.

"I have a religious matter to discuss and but it can wait for a bit."

Are we in general agreement to my plan then?

I. Discontinue production of buildings not being constructed as of this moment

II. Construct roads in Croton

III. return the funds gained from section I to the treasury

"That is acceptable, Quaestor. If there is no opposition, I shall put it to vote immediately, and then we can begin discussing military matters, and how this war against Carthage is to be conducted."

Quaestor, please elaborate on point I.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Yes, Quaestor, but I beleive we should rehaul for religious buildings as the Gods get jealous and Jupiter and Victoria have enough temples as it is. I wish to used a granted sum of money to build a different temple in each city.
    Last edited by The10thLegion von Döbeln; June 29, 2009 at 08:57 PM.

"Praetor Rutulus, is it not clear enough? He will take off the lists all the buildings that are not currently being constructed, leaving the funds in place only for those for which construction has already begun. The funds of the buildings removed from the planned construction list, shall be returned to the Treasury for other uses.

Pontifex, though I respect your anxiety about the wrath of the gods, I am sure that they will be placated enough to allow us delay temple construction for a while. If we cannot defend our lands and win this war, then there will possibly soon be no place for those temples to be built."

Seneca turns to Pallus.

As indicated previously, in many of our cities (all of them except Croton and those that actually can build nothing) our building queue is partially filled with buildings that have been paid for but will not begin construction for five years or more. If we cancel these plans, our treasury will be refunded the money used to spend on the buildings.

Essentially we need to abandon superfluous building projects that won't be completed this term in order to bring money back into the treasury.

ooc: (see my screenshot of Rome, most of our cities look like that and we need to get rid of those buildings so we can get the money back)
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; June 29, 2009 at 09:02 PM.

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

I feel we have heard enough on the matter. Would the Consul care to put the matter to a vote?

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.