Page 9 of 406 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    Nice model MommaG

-sfanky,

YOU LIKE TAURENS!

Taurens are going to be part of the horde faction in WTW.
    yaaay i cant wait

What map are you looking at? Because the one that I'm making will have Lordaeron start the campaign with 11 regions (4 castles and 7 cities).
    Oh sorry I've taken a deeper look at the map now, It is good actually, but what about Stromgarde, Gilneas and such? They were independent Kingdoms, Alterac was conquered after the second war so it should belong to Lordaeron, and Dalaran despite being an "independent" kingdom was practically part of Lordaeron. So what about those 2? Are they going to be rebels? Maybe you could specify which regions belong to who

And I don't know if you've already used all province slots but if that's not the case you should definitely add more provinces, because factions like Kul Tiras would be very underpowered, so 3 provinces in Kul Tiras island would be good. I'm just giving examples, because the map has mostly the main locations, and I think (it's just my opinion) that other smaller provinces would be good (for example Empire total war has the main city and then it has all those minor settlements around it, we could try to implement the same "system" here by adding a main settlement and then some small provinces around it as minor settlements. Just an idea. O.o
    Last edited by Sulfurion Blackfyre; August 14, 2009 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoson View Post
    Oh sorry I've taken a deeper look at the map now, It is good actually, but what about Stromgarde, Gilneas and such? They were independent Kingdoms, Alterac was conquered after the second war so it should belong to Lordaeron, and Dalaran despite being an "independent" kingdom was practically part of Lordaeron. So what about those 2? Are they going to be rebels? Maybe you could specify which regions belong to who

And I don't know if you've already used all province slots but if that's not the case you should definitely add more provinces, because factions like Kul Tiras would be very underpowered, so 3 provinces in Kul Tiras island would be good. I'm just giving examples, because the map has mostly the main locations, and I think (it's just my opinion) that other smaller provinces would be good (for example Empire total war has the main city and then it has all those minor settlements around it, we could try to implement the same "system" here by adding a main settlement and then some small provinces around it as minor settlements. Just an idea. O.o
    I took a look at the map again, and here are the settlements that Lordaeron will start with: Lordaeron, Hearthglen, Stratholme, Tyr's Hand, Pyrewood, Ambermil, Dalaran, Southshore, Durnhold, Andorhal, Fenris and Kul Tiras. (i forgot about Kul Tiras last time) Possibly Alterac, I'm not sure if Lordaeron maintained much of a presence there.

Gilneas and Stromgarde are going to be rebel since they left Lordaeron and became independant

Maybe we could try and implement a ETW style retraining system, where you could retrain any unit in any settlement with no restrictions.

As for the regions, right now there are 120, so there's room for more, but we don't want to pollute the map with too many though.

Ok. So Kul Tiras is not going to be an independent faction? I had idea that it would. Anyway yes Lordaeron had a presence in Alterac, because in warcraft 3, the first mission of the human campaign was to protect that city that was under attack by orcs. That city was in Alterac so yeah, Lordaeron was probably protecting it, despite the citizens probably hating Lordaeron for taking over the country.

Yeah maybe it would be good to be able to train units equally in castles or cities, the only difference being the defensability or unit recruitment pool/upkeep.
    For example Castles, serving as recruitment and garrison centers, should be able to have more recruitment and free upkeep slots than cities, but to balance they should provide few money, while cities could have few recruitment slots and give a lot of money.

Ok. So Kul Tiras is not going to be an independent faction? I had idea that it would. Anyway yes Lordaeron had a presence in Alterac, because in warcraft 3, the first mission of the human campaign was to protect that city that was under attack by orcs. That city was in Alterac so yeah, Lordaeron was probably protecting it, despite the citizens probably hating Lordaeron for taking over the country.

Yeah maybe it would be good to be able to train units equally in castles or cities, the only difference being the defensability or unit recruitment pool/upkeep.
    For example Castles, serving as recruitment and garrison centers, should be able to have more recruitment and free upkeep slots than cities, but to balance they should provide few money, while cities could have few recruitment slots and give a lot of money.
    I thought that in that mission you were defending the town of Strahnbrad, not Alterac.

I was thinking of keeping recruitment med2ish, but alowing any unit to be retrained in any settlement, either city or castle.

Yes but Alterac is a country not a city, remember that most maps in Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft only show the main places not the whole villages. So after all you want me to create units in the wow model viewer or not? I want to do something! XD

Yes but Alterac is a country not a city, remember that most maps in Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft only show the main places not the whole villages. So after all you want me to create units in the wow model viewer or not? I want to do something! XD
    There is an Alterac city. And you're not paying attention, I already gave you the green light to use the model viewer for units.

Alterac during Warcraft 3 was owned by the syndacite

I took a look at the map again, and here are the settlements that Lordaeron will start with: Lordaeron, Hearthglen, Stratholme, Tyr's Hand, Pyrewood, Ambermil, Dalaran, Southshore, Durnhold, Andorhal, Fenris and Kul Tiras. (i forgot about Kul Tiras last time) Possibly Alterac, I'm not sure if Lordaeron maintained much of a presence there.

Gilneas and Stromgarde are going to be rebel since they left Lordaeron and became independant

Maybe we could try and implement a ETW style retraining system, where you could retrain any unit in any settlement with no restrictions.

As for the regions, right now there are 120, so there's room for more, but we don't want to pollute the map with too many though.
    how about we use forts, i forget if you can retrain units there, but how about forts

I don't think so, at least as far as I know forts are only used to garrison units..

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

guys, the progres of your mod looks pretty cool. you should try to have a forum in this page: http://www.modrealms.com/forums/index.php

it is not as big as twcenter, it will help you guys to promote your mod, the better the best, rigth? also it will be easier to find people eager to help you if you run several forums at the time.
    just an advise. see ya

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    guys, the progres of your mod looks pretty cool. you should try to have a forum in this page: http://www.modrealms.com/forums/index.php

it is not as big as twcenter, it will help you guys to promote your mod, the better the best, rigth? also it will be easier to find people eager to help you if you run several forums at the time.
    just an advise. see ya
    thanks maxi90!

we will post a thread there soon

Here's a map of faction starting positions at the begining of the campaign:

*Subject to change

Good map, altough I hoped to see more provinces, but it's good for an early start.

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Nice map, for E:TW... its like 70% water?

Those are different continents, it's just normal if there is a lot of water, in Warcraft 2 there was a big emphasis in naval warfare. And the main storyline of warcraft 3 is the crossing of the sea and the discovery of Kalimdor (the continent on the left) That's why I wanted each continent to have many provinces to compensate that.

Those are different continents, it's just normal if there is a lot of water, in Warcraft 2 there was a big emphasis in naval warfare. And the main storyline of warcraft 3 is the crossing of the sea and the discovery of Kalimdor (the continent on the left) That's why I wanted each continent to have many provinces to compensate that.
    but when doing that beware the mealstrom, and endless storm in the middle. it can cause major damage to your fleets

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

What factions are those colors?

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    What factions are those colors?
    if ya use common sense () you should be able find the factions but ill tell you;

dark purple, black- The Scourge
    red, blue- Drakari Trolls
    dark purple, green- Nerubians
    navy blue, gold- Lordaeron
    light blue, yellow- Quel'thalas
    orange, red- Khaz Modan
    black, red- Dark Iron Dwarves
    blue, gold- Stormwind
    dark green, light green- The Burning Legion
    yellow, (i think) red- Steamwheedle Cartel
    white, gold- Theramore
    red, black- The Horde
    brown, black- Centaur Khanate
    purple, white- Kaldorei (night elves)

Oh I was going to reply but it seems you were first xD. Right now I can't plan unit appearences because WOW patch 3.2.0 screwed up wow model viewer, so maybe I'll try to depatch or something.

There, depatched, now I can finally do something.
    Last edited by Sulfurion Blackfyre; August 17, 2009 at 12:38 PM.