Page 7 of 406 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Here's a preview of Durotar:

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Voljin?

SWEET! Warcraft! Can't wait to play this when it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Voljin?
    uhh, care to elaborate a little?

And thanks for your support Ranger24

The name voljin for that village?And i think you should make orgrimar a fortress,not a city.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    The name voljin for that village?And i think you should make orgrimar a fortress,not a city.
    Why should Orgrimmar be a frotress instead of a city?
    And what about the name Voljin for that village?

Because that is what it is.And having orgrimar as a fortress instead of a city will save some turn when they move their armies to fight nigh elves.And about voljin,i have never heard that island city was named after him.But i do not say it is wrong.

They might not even be fighting the night elves as nothing is set in stone past turn 1. But Orgrimmar should be a city as the horde will need it for their economy. I'll admit I did a bit of infering for Voljin as the name for the that village, there is a Senjin village, so why not have Voljin village?

What aboout the Naga? What u gonna do aboutThem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger24 View Post
    What aboout the Naga? What u gonna do aboutThem?
    Right now the most the naga can hope for is being rebels/mercenaries.

actually, i was thinking that we're gonna code in something so you can get the naga as mercenaries after... say, as the night elves you unlock illidian???

I think you ought to have a land bridge (like between Ireland and Scotland in M2:TW) between the Sen'jin area and the Echo Isles. Also, the road from Sen'jin to Orgrimmar should be almost a bottleneck. With unpassable terrain on either side, making attacking difficult. Orgrimmar is in a fantastic defensive position, with just one road to it, and mountains to the north blocking off Azshara. It seems a little too open, attackers can approach from multiple angles.

I don't want to take anything away from it though, it looks good. It's better than I could do, I'd love to do some skinning or map making. I looked at the tutorials and I had to go have a lie down afterwards.

Impale,
    We'd love to have you on board, I'll PM you with more info.

And I thank you for your constuctive critisism regarding Durotar. I'll move Orgrimmar up right into the foothills of those mountains and look at adding that land bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Impale View Post
    I think you ought to have a land bridge (like between Ireland and Scotland in M2:TW) between the Sen'jin area and the Echo Isles. Also, the road from Sen'jin to Orgrimmar should be almost a bottleneck. With unpassable terrain on either side, making attacking difficult. Orgrimmar is in a fantastic defensive position, with just one road to it, and mountains to the north blocking off Azshara. It seems a little too open, attackers can approach from multiple angles.

I don't want to take anything away from it though, it looks good. It's better than I could do, I'd love to do some skinning or map making. I looked at the tutorials and I had to go have a lie down afterwards.
    WOOT!

yes, i was thinking that to. and thanks for asking to come on board with us, i have a few models waiting to be "skinned" .

cheers!

Ah, I think you got the wrong idea. I'm really not ready to do any skinning or that type of thing yet. I'll need some time to actually learn how to do it and play around for a while, some maybe give me a week or something and I'll see how things go.

I'm fairly handy on a computer, but modding is a whole field I've never experienced. Looks interesting though.

If the time comes you ever need help with unit descriptions or such i'd love to help out.

wow! not bad
    +rep

d.

p.s.: momma g where do you get the gauntlets and the shoulder armor of the marksmen of theramore?

Can I just say this sounds like its going to be totally ing awesome?

FOR THE HORDE!

LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger24 View Post
    Can I just say this sounds like its going to be totally ing awesome?

FOR THE HORDE!

LOLZ
    Yes, you may say so.

And here's a look at Ashenvale Forest:

Quote Originally Posted by dome View Post
    wow! not bad
    +rep

d.

p.s.: momma g where do you get the gauntlets and the shoulder armor of the marksmen of theramore?
    the shoulders are custom made, i took the gothic shoulders and played around with them and the gloves come from the byzantine guard archers.