Page 5 of 405 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 8099

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

  1. #81

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Stormwind??? it originaly came from Lordaeron, the sorceress Lady Jaina Proudmoore was assigned to investage the plauge in tirisfal Glades (northlands). but then a guy named the prophet told jaina to go west to Kalimdor, which she did and found Theramore...

    were adding theramore in for gameplay


  2. #82

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Hey.How is it going?
    we're doin good just that TheHappyCrusader is off for awhile cuz hes testing the map and crap, im writing the faction descriptions. we'll post something up soon


  3. #83
    ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    European Union , Romania , Constanta
    Posts
    4,496

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aion View Post
    Shouldn't Theramore be a part of Stormwind since its just an offspring city?
    Too much WoW.
    Theramore represent the remnants of Lordaeron who went to Kalimdor after Lordaeron was conquered by the Scourge and the Burning Legion.
    Theramore is the official leader of the Alliance but Stormwind calls the shots.

    Quote Originally Posted by MommaG View Post
    Stormwind??? it originaly came from Lordaeron, the sorceress Lady Jaina Proudmoore was assigned to investage the plauge in tirisfal Glades (northlands). but then a guy named the prophet told jaina to go west to Kalimdor, which she did and found Theramore...

    were adding theramore in for gameplay
    You guys can go with Kul'Tiras and shoot two birds with one stone.You respect the lore and you get a Horde hating faction.Theramore wants peace with the Horde so Kul'Tiras is more logical for a total war game.
    Last edited by ShockBlast; July 13, 2009 at 07:24 AM.

  4. #84
    cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Turkiye
    Posts
    2,483

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Theramore does not want peace with horde.Only jaina wants peace with the horde.

  5. #85

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    .
    You guys can go with Kul'Tiras and shoot two birds with one stone.You respect the lore and you get a Horde hating faction.Theramore wants peace with the Horde so Kul'Tiras is more logical for a total war game.
    You're way off with the general time here. When Jaina first came to Kalimdor she was in conflict with the horde (if you remember from warcraft 3). Her views changed after she and Thrall both came into contact with the "prophet" who told them they had to unite to stop the burning legion.

    Theramore makes more sense over Kul'Tiras for these reasons:
    -Theramore is in a position with more expansion oportunities (also they would probably end up fighting the horde over land as both factions try to expand)
    -We have already thought up most of Theramore's unit roster
    -Kul'Tiras would be too cramped, surrounded by Lordaeron and Khaz Modan.
    -We have planned Kul'Tiras to be a city of Lordaeron at the start of the campaign

    One thing I would like to stress is that this is Warcraft: Total War and not world of warcraft total war. This mod begins roughly around the begining of Warcraft 3, please try to remember that

  6. #86
    ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    European Union , Romania , Constanta
    Posts
    4,496

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Theramore does not want peace with horde.Only jaina wants peace with the horde.
    Wrong Theramore is happy with the Horde after they spared them.As you know the Horde could have killed them all but they didn't.Alot of them didn't forget that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    You're way off with the general time here. When Jaina first came to Kalimdor she was in conflict with the horde (if you remember from warcraft 3). Her views changed after she and Thrall both came into contact with the "prophet" who told them they had to unite to stop the burning legion.

    Theramore makes more sense over Kul'Tiras for these reasons:
    -Theramore is in a position with more expansion oportunities (also they would probably end up fighting the horde over land as both factions try to expand)
    -We have already thought up most of Theramore's unit roster
    -Kul'Tiras would be too cramped, surrounded by Lordaeron and Khaz Modan.
    -We have planned Kul'Tiras to be a city of Lordaeron at the start of the campaign

    One thing I would like to stress is that this is Warcraft: Total War and not world of warcraft total war. This mod begins roughly around the begining of Warcraft 3, please try to remember that
    Forgot that you guys use WarCraft 3 as a start date and not WoW.

  7. #87
    Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,437

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    True, but why not bend time a bit? We're not aiming to be completly lore acurate, but we are aiming to make a fun mod based around the Warcraft universe roughly around the time of WC3.
    Well yeah, Im just saying you'd may aswell base it entirely off world of warcraft rather than warcraft three. Wow is specifically set up to have 'balanced' factions from the start, it would save a lot of hassle i think.
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

  8. #88

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Well yeah, Im just saying you'd may aswell base it entirely off world of warcraft rather than warcraft three. Wow is specifically set up to have 'balanced' factions from the start, it would save a lot of hassle i think.
    WoW only has the Horde and Alliance balanced, and I think we want more than 2 factions.

  9. #89
    ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    European Union , Romania , Constanta
    Posts
    4,496

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    WoW only has the Horde and Alliance balanced, and I think we want more than 2 factions.
    The Horde and the Alliance can work like special alliances(see the HRR mod) and have individual players like Ironforge,Stormwind,Durotar etc. as ''sub-factions''.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    However, we are not changing the start date. The mod will be set around warcraft 3, and that is final.

  11. #91
    maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,645

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    One thing I would like to stress is that this is Warcraft: Total War and not world of warcraft total war. This mod begins roughly around the begining of Warcraft 3, please try to remember that
    well it is hard to remember that when you keep incerting factions and alliances from wow in the mod

  12. #92

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    well it is hard to remember that when you keep incerting factions and alliances from wow in the mod
    Actually, I was just thinking about it and thought of a better way to describe the time period:

    WTW starts at the begining of Warcraft 3 and goes up to around the start of WoW.

    I think thats a better way of describing it

  13. #93
    maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,645

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    Actually, I was just thinking about it and thought of a better way to describe the time period:

    WTW starts at the begining of Warcraft 3 and goes up to around the start of WoW.

    I think thats a better way of describing it
    yeah you could represent the transision beetwen them by adding scripts ans events. for example: at the begining of the game, there is an Horde faction with no settlements and Thrall is itīs leader. the player has to conquer x naval city of Lordaeron or other Human faction, and then the Horde is transported to Kalimdor, in a zone filled with rebel settlements, then you have to find some other random rebel city, and when you conquer it, itīs name changes to Ogrimar, and the Horde becomes Durotar. of course, all the path is shown to the player through missions. it would be something similar to what the guys from LOTR-TW, or Reconquista TW have done.

  14. #94

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    yeah you could represent the transision beetwen them by adding scripts ans events. for example: at the begining of the game, there is an Horde faction with no settlements and Thrall is itīs leader. the player has to conquer x naval city of Lordaeron or other Human faction, and then the Horde is transported to Kalimdor, in a zone filled with rebel settlements, then you have to find some other random rebel city, and when you conquer it, itīs name changes to Ogrimar, and the Horde becomes Durotar. of course, all the path is shown to the player through missions. it would be something similar to what the guys from LOTR-TW, or Reconquista TW have done.
    srry guys, im back from vacation, maybe that can work or that can be another demo campaign


  15. #95

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Attachment 48300 Attachment 48301

    here is one more unit i just finished- The Lordamere Horsemen.

    its a light cavalry unit from the surounding settlements of Lordamere Lake, driven to fight for Lordaeron. just like its missle counterpart, they wear brigandine armor. equiped with a cavalry spear, sword and buckler, they are ready to bolster Lordaeron's armies.


  16. #96
    cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Turkiye
    Posts
    2,483

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    When will you be able to make something other than human?

  17. #97

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    When will you be able to make something other than human?
    im new to modeling , so i dont know how to re-arrange joints and bones and make bulkier races. Me and HappyCrusader hope to recruit a lot of experienced skinners and modelers to make the other races


  18. #98

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Attachment 48382

    here is the SI:7 Rouge (i know it looks a bit plain, but i wish to get the full detail out of skinning)

    ill keep on sending screens of more units


  19. #99

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    Here's a preview of what Quel'Thalas is going to look like:







    I'll post more map previews as soon as I get them looking decent

  20. #100
    cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Turkiye
    Posts
    2,483

    Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

    How are we going to cross to the other continent?Will we go around Maelstorm with boats?

    By the way the placements are very good.But more mountains and trees will be better.

    And will cities be custom made?Will they look different on campaign map than medieval 2 total war cities?
    Last edited by cenkiss; July 19, 2009 at 02:18 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •