Page 405 of 406 FirstFirst ... 305355380395396397398399400401402403404405406 LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 8102

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Yay, I didnt knew adding ancillaries was this easy. But I guess the harder part is adding triggers to acquire them in game, havent checked that yet.

Image is a little bad though. I wish it didnt had flamy effect on the background.
    Yes, that is quite easy - i did add some to Warhammer in the past.

The problem is that they could cause all kinds of trouble with CTD when doing triggers etc so i gladly avoid that. Also, this mod didn't have working ones previously and the ones that were included before we removed them would cause the mod to crash. A guy over at MODDB managed to implement working traits so no more crashing because of them.

- However, i am still reluctant to adding anything new of the sort as i don't want to cause CTD-issues to return.

If you want feel free to add whatever traits o ancillaries that you want. If the mod is still stable we might include them.

Btw, i have been working all day on remaking the garrisons in the campaign to my taste. I don't think there was any challenge really facing infantry-only armies - now there will be harder battles from the start.

I have kept Sulfurions numbers, but not his units - expect way more variation in the armies and you will face both ranged, infantry, casters and cavalry, not just infantry and ranged like before. I didn't add all those rosters just for most of the units to never show up before i have killed off a faction..

For those who enjoy building things up you still won't be able to recruit new good quality units until later in the mod. And i will lower the growth as well. The changes made is to allow for a better challenge immediately at the start.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 15, 2018 at 02:00 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) [Alpha 1 Released]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post

Good news:

I have managed to save the mod in Geomod, then i learnt to replace the new descr_sm_factions-file, the three files in imperial_campaign (not descr_strat) and the music_types-file in world/base - and everything starts. I want people who get the developer's build to playtest it to find out if it's less or more stable than before, as i've also saved a backup of the previous build just to be sure.

- Alot of stuff has been added so that's why it's important to playtest, as we don't want to continue building on an unstable build if that should be the case.

- I've also made Karazhan region impassable because any fight in there and the mod CTD:s - so the region and those beyond it are closed off. I managed to enter RTS battles yesterday in all those other four regions - but never worked since, and a CTD happens when the battle is about to load.

- Fixed issues with ports being placed wrongly on the strat-map, as advised by the debugger.

- Added WarcraftHero's three new Legion-heroes on lore-correct places. Only Varimithras is placed close to the Amani, but i might change it.

- One new region added, a village and it seems to work fine - Scarlet Fleet's Holdout. Basically a region where the Scarlet Fleet supposedly landed, based off the Frozen Coast - which is the new region, the Holdout is the vilage in the region.

- Scarlet Crusade added with lorecorrect heroes. Grand Admiral Barean Westwind (faction leader), Captain General Whely (heir) and two family members (Captain Wellsington and Captain Hartford).

About Tuerukis suggestions it will be possible, but all the regions to close to mountains will cause trouble - it's advisable to place them on flat-land. Plus the Karazhan region is off-limits until somebody makes it work without crashing.
    I have an issue..

I cannot save Geomod without geomod crashing..

If WarcraftHero or anyone would try and just open up Geomod and save without making changes, and see if it does crash for you as well - i could use that feedback.

I've removed all the rebels from the descr_strat and all the resources as that was required to even start it up.

But now i can't save it without it shuting down..

I want to remove unusable land-pridges between the Fenris Isle and Lordaeron as well as between the Nexus-isle and Northrend as a first thing.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Made this image and added it to the loading screens.

Some paladins of the Silver Hand are missing their hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Some paladins of the Silver Hand are missing their hammers.
    Yeah i know, i've tried to fix them and failed - unlike the ordinary Paladins the same fix didn't work.

That is why i've wanted a new Paladin of the Silver Hand-unit but Bantu has said no. As such we still have the glitched old Silver Hand Paladins.

I think they should be replaced.

- The Havamal

That's odd... if there are two or more models of weapons per unit, shouldn't the problem be solved if you delete the invisible, bad model?

That's odd... if there are two or more models of weapons per unit, shouldn't the problem be solved if you delete the invisible, bad model?
    They seem correct in MS3D but i am no expert with modelling. I can do simple things in MS3D otherwise that is Bantu's area. The Paladin is a remnant from Eoghan, our previous modeller though.

- The Havamal

The curse of Eoghan... a good name for raid quest!

Centenarius

While i was browsing Youtube, i came across these three videos

https://youtu.be/72UbFQO5-m0
    https://youtu.be/Q2zfx5hQ3CE
    https://youtu.be/ICMpPrg77g0

It seems that Warcraft III will get a remaster too; what is your opinion about this?.

In my opinion it's too early to judge but for now the colors are too bright making everything too cartoonish. But since it's a work in progress, there's still room for improvement and fixes.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post

While i was browsing Youtube, i came across these three videos

https://youtu.be/72UbFQO5-m0
    https://youtu.be/Q2zfx5hQ3CE
    https://youtu.be/ICMpPrg77g0

It seems that Warcraft III will get a remaster too; what is your opinion about this?.

In my opinion it's too early to judge but for now the colors are too bright making everything too cartoonish. But since it's a work in progress, there's still room for improvement and fixes.
    My opinion is that it's a great announcement.

- They most likely do not want to gamble on a WC4 after 16 years, so they take the safe route first and announce a reforged version of WC3/Frozen Throne that is sure to hit home with old fans - and also most likely gain new fans in the process. If it's a success they will probably make Warcraft IV afterwards.

I had hoped they would do this with Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction - but then it would need to be as dark as the original.

About WC3: Reforged - I do think they could have made buildings the same size as in real-life, seeing as WC3 were made back when tech were limited - they could also make sure to give the mod a dark atmosphere with blood. I do not think a child friendly version would be better than a dark one.

- WC3 were dark because it came after the success of Diablo 2. Even Deckhard Cain is the narrator in the intro.

- The Havamal

Human steam engines are at 50% strength when recruited. I am playing on huge unit scale - steam engines should have 4 soldiers/models/whatever, but I only get half that and I have to merge two such units to get the full unit. Anyone know what is up with this?

Human steam engines are at 50% strength when recruited. I am playing on huge unit scale - steam engines should have 4 soldiers/models/whatever, but I only get half that and I have to merge two such units to get the full unit. Anyone know what is up with this?
    Nope, the soldiers are invisible (four) and the Steam Engines aren't supposed to be more than one if i recall correctly. They are artillery mounts - the artillery is separate and that means the numbers do not matter for the amount of tanks.

- The Havamal

I merge two freshly recruited, unblooded units into one unit - that is not normal.

Henlo, i have empty slot in all towns for recruiting army, is it intended or a bug?)

Quote Originally Posted by Falconoflight View Post
    Henlo, i have empty slot in all towns for recruiting army, is it intended or a bug?)
    If you can't recruit units the mod is probably not correctly installed.

- The Havamal

Hello guys, a temporary new release has been uploaded on MODDB.com adding new strat-map models for the Scourge (completed), Theramore (completed), the Night Elves/Kaldorei (completed) and certain extra strat-map models such as Prince Arthas the Paladin of the Kingdom of Lordaeron, male and female Grand Scarlet Crusaders for the leaders of the Scarlet Crusade, King Kael'Thas and a unique red Vereesa Windrunner plus a new general and soldier for the Sin'Dorei/Blood Elves, a new "Knights of Quel'Thalas"-soldier for the Kingdom of Quel'Thalas while using the old Elven ranger-soldier as a unique model shared between Vereesa Windrunner and Sylvannas Windrunner, the Forsaken has Sylvannas Windrunner (old general model) as unique for Undead Sylvannas, while using reskins of the Scourge general/soldier and spy for those agents on the map - the rest of their agents are using the placeholder old soldier - which is a re-skinned necromancer - and finally the Naga/Illdari have Demon Hunter Illidan Stormrage and Lady Vashj - the Commander of the Naga forces under Illidan - as their own unique models on the map.

All of the above is in the temporary update on MODDB.com, but it's not really the real update - on the mods Discord there is an even more recent version adding the completed strat-map models for the Kingdom of Quel'Thalas (High Elves) in the Reign of Chaos-campaign only, the Sin'Dorei (Blood Elves) in the Frozen Throne-campaign only - and the Naga/Illidari-faction in both campaigns currently.

I've since the Discord-release improved the Dryad-merchant of the Night Elves and made her bigger/taller, added the Ymirjar Champions strat-map generals for the two custom Scourge characters in Northrend who are Ymirjar Champions, added the giant Kraken as a Naga/Illidari-ship on the map - and I've finished the assassin of the Burning Legion - which is a succubus daemonette - the Burning Legion is the faction next to be completed and after that the Forsaken.

Here are some previews:

Changes:

1. Over 37 new strat-map models for the Scourge, Theramore, the Night Elves (all of which are done) and Prince Arthas for Lordaeron, Grand Scarlet Crusaders for the Scarlet Crusade, the Forsaken has gotten their models changed in the way they are used but the faction isn't final on the map - Undead Sylvannas is the only one with her model now, Quel'Thalas has a new soldier and alive Sylvannas is a unique model shared with Vereesa Windrunner, the Horde has Warchief Thrall - their leader, the Naga has gotten Demon Hunter Illidan Stormrage and Lady Vashj and the Sin'Dorei (Bloodelves) have a new soldier (spellbreakers), a new general (Brightwing Windicators) and Kael'Thas himself has his own model on the map.

Updated Scourge strat-map generals and agents:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Soldier = Undead Champions.
    General (0) = Death Knight Captain.
    Unique custom character (1) = Death Knight Arthas.
    Unique custom character (2) = Lich general (old generic general) in use by all the starting generals that are Liches.
    Unique custom character (3) = Necromancer general (old generic soldier) in use by all the starting generals that are Necromancers.
    Unique custom character (4) = Death Knight general in use by all the starting generals that are Death Knights.
    Unique custom character (5) = Ymirjar Champions in Northrend - still to be done but they are in Northrend so I wouldn't be able to take a photo with them in it together with the others anyway.
    Agents: Priest = Old Necromancer with yellow skin, Merchant = Old Necromancer with blue skin, Diplomat = Old Lich with blue skin.
    Spy = Banshee.
    Assassin = Old Acolyte from WC3.
    The starting generals all have different models than the adopted generals or generals that you earn after winning battles.

Updated Theramore strat-map generals and agents:

Soldier = Old Elven Rangers.
    General (0) = Old Human general.
    Unique custom character (1) = Archmage Jaina Proudmoore.
    Unique custom character (2) = Advisor Tervosh - using Khadgars model just like in battle.
    Agents:
    Priest = Theramore Magi.
    Merchant = Old Merchant, Diplomat = Old WoW Diplomat.
    Spy = Old Dwarven Copter spy of Khaz'Modan replacing the human spy for Theramore.
    Assassin = Water Elemental.

Updated Kaldorei/Night Elves strat-map generals and agents:

Soldier = Old Night Elven Archers.
    General (0) = New Huntress mounted on a panther.
    Unique custom character (1) = High Druid Tyrande Whisperwind.
    Unique custom character (2) = Archdruid Malfurion - using the most suitable Druid of the Talon-model.
    Unique custom character (3) = Broll Bearmantle - using his bearform.
    Unique custom character (4) = Shandris Feathermoon - using the Avengers-model - the old general.
    Unique custom character (5) = Maive the Warden.
    Unique custom character (6) = Raene Wolfrunner - using the unique model that is used as the Night Elven general in battle.
    Unique custom character (7) = Cenarius and Remulus, Keepers of the Groove.
    Agents:
    Priest = Night Elven Priestess.
    Merchant = Dryad.
    Diplomat = Sentinel with red hair in a ponytail and random colors.
    Spy = Fey Dragon.
    Assassin = Avengers - the old general.
    So the mounted Huntresses will be the regular generals, and the archers will remain the soldiers. Only two models were kept in the old Night Elven strat-map assembly. This is the finished Kaldorei/Night Elven strat-map.

Additional new strat-map generals on the campaign map:

All the "new" strat-map models are battle-models from 2018 - I haven't imported any models as I don't have that skill. I am converting the already imported battle-models into strat-map models. Something I've learnt how to do recently a few weeks ago.

2. All the CTD-friendly units (crash to desktop-friendly) have now been removed for real from the starting garrisons, the rebel armies (they still have portraits of their leaders) and from the recruitment - no more CTD due to these units.

3. Vereesa Windrunner added to the Blood Elves, and Dalaran belongs to them now in the Frozen Throne campaign.
    This update isn't final, and it's a temporary upload - the real update is not ready yet. This still has enough new content to be worth a try. Enjoy!

Credits:

Old Battle-map models - Bantu Chieftain and Eoghan Wolfkin.

New strat-map models - Mr_Nygren

Other changes - Mr_Nygren.

And the stuff from the Discord-release:

Kingdom of Quel'Thalas (High Elves):

Soldier = New Knights of Quel'Thalas replacing the old Elven Rangers.
    General (0) = Old general by Bantu Chieftain.
    Unique custom character (1) = Sylvannas Windrunner - now the only one with the blue ranger-skin on the map.
    Unique custom character (2) = Prince Kael'Thas - the model is also shared with his Blood Elven character.
    Unique custom character (3) = King Anasterian Sunstrider - using the Grand Magisters-model with the most fitting hairstyle.
    Unique custom character (4) = Vereesa Windrunner - now using her own unique custom skin with green armor and grey hair.
    Unique custom character (5) = Lor'Themar Theron - a Knight of Quel'Thalas general.
    Unique custom character (6) = Halduron Brightwing and Thalorien Dawnseeker - two heroes who are Swordmasters and as such share the Sin'Dorei Swordmasters-model with the High Elven blue-skin.
    Agents:
    Priest = Old Grand Magisters-model.
    Merchant = Old High Elven male.
    Diplomat = New Sorceress with the High Elven blue-skin..
    Spy = Quel'Dorei Dawnseekers elite rangers.
    Assassin = Bloodshades with the High Elven skin.
    This faction ain't in the update.

Sin'Dorei (Blood Elves):

Soldier = New Spellbreakers replacing the old Elven rangers (are in the release).
    General (0) = New Brightwing Vindicators - replacing the old general by Bantu Chieftain (is in the release). This model ain't in the picture because I failed to spawn a general and didn't have patience waiting.
    Unique custom character (1) = Vereesa Windrunner - using the red skin.
    Unique custom character (2) = King Kael'Thas - the model is also shared with his High Elven character.
    Unique custom character (3) = Lor'Themar Theron - using a Blood Knight-model now.
    Unique custom character (4) = Halduron Brightwing - using the Sin'Dorei Swordmasters-model with the Blood Elven Red-skin.
    Agents:
    Priest = Old Grand Magisters-model with the original Blood Elven skin.
    Merchant = Old High Elven male with the original Blood Elven skin.
    Diplomat = New Sorceress with the original Blood Elven red-skin..
    Spy = Elven Archers.
    Assassin = Bloodshade with the original Blood Elven skin.

The Naga/Illidari/Illidan's Naga:

Soldier = New blue Guardians of the Abyss with yellow tridents.
    General (0) = Old female unique general - same as in battle (is in the release).
    Unique custom character (1) = New Demon Hunter Illidan Stormrage (is in the reelase).
    Unique custom character (2) = Commander of the Naga forces, Lady Vashj (is in the release).
    Unique custom character (3) = Wrath of Azshara custom characters - in use by all the Naga custom characters except four.
    Unique custom character (4) = Veehja - the Naga Sea Witch in Northrend - is using the same model as the merchant.
    Unique custom character (5) = Naj'entus - the big Naga Royal Guard custom character.
    Agents:
    Priest = New Naga Oracles.
    Merchant = Naga Sea Witch.
    Diplomat = Naga Medusa.
    Spy = Satyr Shadowstalkers.
    Assassin = Demonhunters.

All the "new" strat-map models are battle-models from 2018 - I haven't imported any models as I don't have that skill. I am converting the already imported battle-models into strat-map models. Something I've learnt how to do recently a few weeks ago.

Unreleased WIP-stuff:

Edit: 55 strat-map models as of yet - made between april 6th 2021 and april 14th 2021.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 15, 2021 at 09:34 AM.

- The Havamal

I did take a break from modding but I've almost finished the strat-map models of the Burning Legion back on april 16th:

- The Havamal

I've re-uploaded the mod 2021-04-24 - and it's been updated with at least 69 new strat-models at minimum. It also has a few updates to both campaigns - removing any CTD-friendly unit and improving things. - Now it also has big changes to the Frozen Throne-campaign, and it has been changed over the entire map. 37 of the strat-models are the same as in the april 10th release - 32 new models has been added since.

Warning: Always start a quickbattle after re-starting the game using the new version, before you launch a new campaign - and then exit the game back to the main menu immediately after the loading screen has finished after you have entered the battle-map. You don't have to play the actual battle but just load it up - this is required in order to launch a campaign in the new version - or the mod will throw you back to the main menu alternatively CTD (crash to desktop) - I've had this issue in Game of Thrones: Total War Enhanced in the past and i believe it is caused by too many things on the strategic-map!

It worked fine up until Tyrande got added but after started to require this to be done. Moving over the mod-changes to my other computer solved it with everything up until Tyrande - but after updating with the entire Night Elven strat-map and the rest of the previewed content - it even started to happen on there as well.

Other players have had to do this on the old release - so it could be both due to the map-changes and the computer - as they had old computers and more recent computers would take longer until this started to happen.

- So always start-up a quickbattle, then exit after the loading screen has finished loading - then launch the campaigns - if you exit a campaign you can start another one up immedieately. The mod will crash if you click on the Frozen Throne-campaign and then try to go to the Reign of Chaos-campaign without first starting up the FT-campaign.

Installation: (Steam)

1. You need to go into the folder named "Medieval II Total War" and then copy the file named "medieval2.exe" - then rename the copied file to kingdoms.exe. This is needed or the mod won't launch with Steam.

2. You do need to patch the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe with a program named "4gb patch" found at this link:

Moddb.com

3. It's a program, extract it anywhere on your computer, then run it as an administrator - then browse to both .exe-files inside of the "Medieval II Total War"-folder and select one of them and click on "patch" - then repeat the process with the other one.

4. You need to have just one folder named "WTW" as in "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\WTW - and then You'll start it by double-cllicking the executable.bat-file of the mod.

5. With the CD instead it would be "D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\WTW - and you'll still start it by double-clicking on the executable.bat-file.

Also, download the MedievalII.Preference-file that i did upload on here & place in main Medieval II Total War folder - replacing the old file there. This will enable you to play defensive battles in hotseat, as well as prevent a bug causing CTD when clicking buildings on the campaign - it will also make FMV's work.

WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS MOD WITH ADVISOR ON, NEVER CLICK ADVISOR - mod will CTD!

The 4gb patch found in the Warhammer: BotET-mod - it's required for the Warcraft beta to work i've been told. I have decided to upload it here so people won't have to download the entire BotET (Beginning of the End Times) submod for Call of Warhammer.

Patch your kingdoms.exe, and only do it once. It will make all heavy mods work and be more stable. Without the patch you may experience alot of crashes.

So a new temporary download has been uploaded and released called Warcraft: Total War V 2.1. It includes some changes including 69 brand-new strat-map models minimum since april 10th - 32 of which are new to this release on april 24th, changes to the map in the Frozen Throne-campaign especially - it has been overhauled and made more accurate to the timeline and to lore. Gameplay is always chosen over lore though.

Changes:

I've re-uploaded the mod 2021-04-24 - and it's been updated with at least 69 new strat-models at minimum. It also has a few updates to both campaigns - removing any CTD-friendly unit and improving things. - Now it also has big changes to the Frozen Throne-campaign, and it has been changed over the entire map. 37 of the strat-models are the same as in the april 10th release - 32 new models.

New WIP-version includes:

1. Fixed Dryad Merchant - it's now in proper size and not tiny like in the april 10th release.

2. Added custom Ymirjar Champion generals to the Scourge - they have two in the RoC-campaign and 4 in the FT-campaign.

3. Added custom Banshee generals to the Scourge and the Forsaken - Sharlindra and Selas.

4. New Forsaken custom heroes and agents on the map as strat-map models - heroes include the Dreadlord Varimathras in the Frozen Throne-campaign, as well as the Banshee Sharlindra.

New Forsaken strat-map models:

I've fixed the silver surfer swords of the Forsaken Generals and Captains added in the latest public release. Besides that I've replaced the glitched agent in use by all the Forsaken agents.

Soldier = Forsaken Captain.

General (0) = Forsaken General.

Unique custom character (1) = Undead Sylvannas Windrunner.

Unique custom character (2) = Varimathras, the Dreadlord (Frozen Throne-campaign - belongs to the Burning Legion in RoC).

Unique custom character (3) = Sharlindra, the Banshee.

Agents:

Spy = Reskin of the Banshee in use by the Scourge as the spy.

Assassin = Dark Ranger.

Priest = Aphotecary.

Diplomat = Aphotecary without a staff and hood and with a different face and different clothes.

Merchant = Abomination.

5. New Kraken-ship for the Naga/Illidari/Illidan's Naga - in use by the Naga on the campaign-map.

6. New High/Blood Elven strat-models (where in the prior Discord-only release) - the High Elves are only in the Reign of Chaos (RoC)-campaign while the Sin'Dorei/Blood Elves are in both campaigns - the later do spawn in the RoC-campaign and are playable in the Frozen Throne (FT)-campaign.

New Kingdom of Quel'Thalas/High Elves strat-map models:

Soldier = New Knights of Quel'Thalas replacing the old Elven Rangers.

General (0) = Old general by Bantu Chieftain.

Unique custom character (1) = Sylvannas Windrunner - now the only one with the blue ranger-skin on the map.

Unique custom character (2) = Prince Kael'Thas - the model is also shared with his Blood Elven character.

Unique custom character (3) = King Anasterian Sunstrider - using the Grand Magisters-model with the most fitting hairstyle.

Unique custom character (4) = Vereesa Windrunner - now using her own unique custom skin with green armor and grey hair.

Unique custom character (5) = Lor'Themar Theron - a Knight of Quel'Thalas general.

Unique custom character (6) = Halduron Brightwing and Thalorien Dawnseeker - two heroes who are Swordmasters and as such share the Sin'Dorei Swordmasters-model with the High Elven blue-skin.

Agents:

Priest = Old Grand Magisters-model.

Merchant = Old High Elven male.

Diplomat = New Sorceress with the High Elven blue-skin..

Spy = Quel'Dorei Dawnseekers elite rangers.

Assassin = Bloodshade with the High Elven skin.

New Sin'Dorei/Blood Elves strat-map models:

Soldier = New Spellbreakers replacing the old Elven rangers.

General (0) = New Brightwing Vindicators - replacing the old general by Bantu Chieftain. This model ain't in the picture because I failed to spawn a general and didn't have patience waiting.

Unique custom character (1) = Vereesa Windrunner - using the red skin.

Unique custom character (2) = King Kael'Thas - the model is also shared with his High Elven character.

Unique custom character (3) = Lor'Themar Theron - using a Blood Knight-model now.

Unique custom character (4) = Halduron Brightwing - using the Sin'Dorei Swordmasters-model with the Blood Elven Red-skin.

Agents:

Priest = Old Grand Magisters-model with the original Blood Elven skin.

Merchant = Old High Elven male with the original Blood Elven skin.

Diplomat = New Sorceress with the original Blood Elven red-skin.

Spy = New Elven Archers.

Assassin = Bloodshade with the original Blood Elven skin.

7. New Naga strat-models (where in the previous Discord-only release) - now with all their strat-models remade.

New Naga/Illidari/Illidan's Naga strat-map models:

Soldier = New blue Guardians of the Abyss with yellow tridents.

General (0) = Old female unique general - same as in battle.

Unique custom character (1) = Demon Hunter Illidan Stormrage.

Unique custom character (2) = Commander of the Naga forces, Lady Vashj.

Unique custom character (3) = Wrath of Azshara custom characters - in use by all the Naga custom characters except four.

Unique custom character (4) = Veehja - the Naga Sea Witch in Northrend - is using the same model as the merchant.

Unique custom character (5) = Naj'entus - the big Naga Royal Guard custom character.

Agents:

Priest = New Naga Oracles.

Merchant = New Naga Sea Witch.

Diplomat = New Naga Medusa.

Spy = New Satyr Shadowstalkers.

Assassin = New Demonhunters.

8. New Burning Legion strat-map agents and generals including custom heroes - now with their models unique and no more Fel Orcs on the map or too many Dreadlord agents.

New Burning Legion strat-map generals and agents:

Soldier = New Fel Soldier.

General (0) = New Wrathguard.

Unique custom character (1) = New Pit Lord General in use by Azgalor and Mannoroth.

Unique custom character (2) = Old Dreadlord model in use by generals that are Dreadlords.

Unique custom character (3) = New Eredar General - in use by Dark Lord Archimonde - and in the Frozen Throne campaign in the future probably Kil'Jaeden.

Unique custom character (4) = New Kazrogal - a unique giant demon - he looks like a yellow Diablo with a giant red sword.

Agents:

Priest = New Man'ari Warlock.

Merchant = New Demon Imp.

Diplomat = Old Dreadlord with a unique red skin.

Spy = New Beholder - a giant demonic eye.

Assassin = New Demon Succubus.

9. A remade Frozen Throne campaign with every continent and faction changed to better fit the FT-timeline.

- Gameplay changes in the FT-campaign includes:

1. Increased Scourge starting-garrisons in five settlements in Eastern Kingdoms.

2. New settlements at the start for the majority of the factions.

3. Alliances between the Horde, Theramore and the Night Elves in Kalimdor.

4. Lordaeron at war with the Blood Elves/Naga at the start.

5. Certain factions moved like the Naga and the Blood Elves have been moved from Eastern Kingdoms to Northrend - the Blood Elves still hold Silvermoon and the Sunwell in EK.

6. Stromgarde has Southshore and Lordaeron has Dalaran, Lordaeron only starts with Dalaran, Theramore has the Kul'Tiras Isle including Daelin and Tandred Proudmoore, Khaz'Modan has Menethil (harbor).

7. King Kael'Thas and Marshall Garithos Othmar have elite armies to better enable them to fight the elite Scourge-armies.

8. And besides these changes Death Knight Arthas now spawns in Northrend as well where he will besiege Ulduar held by the Blood Elves through a script.

Credits:

Other changes, including the changes to the Frozen Throne-campaign - Mr_Nygren.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 24, 2021 at 11:57 AM.

- The Havamal

I've re-uploaded the mod 2021-05-04 to version 2.2 - and it's been updated with too many game-play changes to count, as it includes stuff from last year - it has two unique campaigns, giants working through the M2EOP-tool, heroes in battle and not just on the map, it has new garrisons for both the rebels and the playable factions, garrison-script for important settlements, new starting buildings for many settlements, updated strat-models for some heroes, 2 new units, one replaced unit etc!

- I've re-uploaded the mod with the new updated version of the M2TWEOP-tool.

Changes include:

"Many stability issues have been fixed, new features have been added. The list of changes will be when the creator of the tool finish version 1.19.

Some of the changes from this patch:

1. Added an option that allows you to simply run the mod without opening the program window.

2. Spawn_army fix now works for the console command spawn_character, and now the army that appears will block the port if it is enemy.

3. The game will no longer crash when changing settings for resolution, anti-aliasing, etc.

4. The program now correctly detects the monitor resolution
    and much more."

Edit as of 2020-11-07 - ADDITIONAL STEPS REQUIRED FOR THE STEAM-VERSION OF MEDIEVAL 2 ON WIN 10: (Just in case it's needed.)

I tried it on Windows 7 - no issues, I tried it with the CD-version on Windows 10 - no issues - But according to the creators of the tool it is required to change some stuff for the Steam-version on Win 10.

You do need to right-click on the Medieavl2.exe/Kingdoms.exe and change some things in the compatibility mode. It will also need to be done with the tools .exe file.

- This is due to the scaling settings in windows 10.

"You need to open file properties-> compatibility-> change DPI settings-> check the box and select "application"

"This option also helps with med2 for some people (+20fps) (Set dpi scale to "controlled by application"

So the new version of Warcraft: Total War has the M2TWEOP (Medieval 2 Total War Engine Overhaul Project)-tool already integrated into the mod - it's required or all the giants, giant dragons, giant scorpions, Fel Hounds, Snap Dragons, Doomguards and Doomfiends will crash to the desktop a few seconds after the camera centers on them - as the new version has re-added all of these units to the campaign recruitment (but not the starting armies) it's required. It also enables the "berserker"-mental state in use by the Horde/Dark Horde Blademasters and the Stromgarde Trollslayers. The mod also needs to be started through the tool which has replaced the old executable.bat-file.

This tool has fixed the giants in Third Age DCI, Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate etc - even on windows 7 it might make battles more stable as certain battles do crash on 7 as well - sometimes due to certain giants due to the giants. However, I do believe that with the Win 7 version it's easier to start the mod as firewalls/security programs of Win 10 might treat the tool as a virus - as such you should de-activate your firewall/security programs or make an exception for the tool if it's treated as a virus by your security - which it is not.

It's a tool that modifies the games .EXE while the game is running. Such tools are often mistaken for viruses by modern windows security. With this tool you'd still need to install the mod like written in the installation-article - but now you'll also need to start the mod through the tool.

To use the tool you just need to right-click the tools .exe with your mouse and run the tool as an administrator. Then the UI of the tool should be pretty self-explanatory. I would suggest not to use all the features of the tool due to the game becoming less stable the more features you are using. The features I'd use are the ones I think will be activated for you as well.

You can place ancillaries at 32 only if you wish to modify the mod and add more ancillaries to each character - the old limit was 8, you can place religions at 12 if you want more religions - the old number was 10 - otherwise I'd suggest not to use these as they might still affect the mod negatively as they are increasing the limits of the game. These options might be activated from the start so you could return them to 10 and 8 respectively if you want to. There is a button named "Click Me" - if you click on it you'll get information about the program, things you shouldn't do unless you want a crash and shortcuts to certain features like for example being able to zoom-out enormously on the map, highlighting all the troops and other stuff. The information about CTD if changing the anti-aliasing inside of the game might be outdated since the updated version of the tool which released on december 3 2020.

On the right-side of the tools UI are many options - I would only have a few activated - those are the "berserks-fix" which will enable the berserker ability from Rome: Total War to work on the units - you'll just have to hand out the "berserk"-attribute to the units you wish to go berserk in the Export_descr_units-file - in the vanilla Medieval 2 game and in mods not using the new M2TWEOP-tool this attribute would crash as soon as the units entered a battle on the battlefield - this feature is needed as two units are using it and you won't be able to start the mod without it activated/checked, if you activate the "Unlock Console Command" feature of the tool - it will enable all the console command codes in the mod and finally I would activate the "creatures-fix" which will fix the skeleton of all the elephant-based units in the mod - such as the Giants, the giant dragons, the dog-like creatures like the Snap Dragons and the Fel Hounds etc - this is the main feature I wanted in this mod due to players reporting that units like the Mountain Giants or the Fel Hounds have crashed for them during battle immediately upon starting the battle. This fix will make it possible to play with all these units in both the campaign and in the custom battles. If you play custom you can have an army of Ancient Dragon Turtles versus an army of Infernals or Molten Giants - the point is that giants and four-legged-creatures will no longer crash to the desktop. I'm pretty sure that other reasons for CTD during battle will be fixed as well.

Link to the Total War Center-page of the Tool where it can be downloaded for usage in other mods and projects, and it also has all the tutorials you may need for using it even if it's not necessary unless you wish to try more advanced features:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15891171

Credit for the tool should be given to youneuoy and Jojo00182.

Warning: Always start a quickbattle after re-starting the game using the new version, before you launch a new campaign - and then exit the game back to the main menu immediately after the loading screen has finished after you have entered the battle-map. You don't have to play the actual battle but just load it up - this is required in order to launch a campaign in the new version - or the mod will throw you back to the main menu alternatively CTD (crash to desktop) - I've had this issue in Game of Thrones: Total War Enhanced in the past and i believe it is caused by too many things on the strategic-map!

It worked fine up until Tyrande got added but after started to require this to be done. Moving over the mod-changes to my other computer solved it with everything up until Tyrande - but after updating with the entire Night Elven strat-map and the rest of the previewed content - it even started to happen on there as well.

Other players have had to do this on the old release - so it could be both due to the map-changes and the computer - as they had old computers and more recent computers would take longer until this started to happen.

- So always start-up a quickbattle, then exit after the loading screen has finished loading - then launch the campaigns - if you exit a campaign you can start another one up immedieately. The mod will crash if you click on the Frozen Throne-campaign and then try to go to the Reign of Chaos-campaign without first starting up the FT-campaign.

Installation: (Steam)

1. You need to go into the folder named "Medieval II Total War" and then copy the file named "medieval2.exe" - then rename the copied file to kingdoms.exe. This is needed or the mod won't launch with Steam.

2. You do need to patch the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe with a program named "4gb patch" found at this link:

Moddb.com

3. It's a program, extract it anywhere on your computer, then run it as an administrator - then browse to both .exe-files inside of the "Medieval II Total War"-folder and select one of them and click on "patch" - then repeat the process with the other one.

4. You need to have just one folder named "WTW" as in "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\WTW - and then You'll start it by double-cllicking the M2TWEOP-file of the mod after which you'd click the "start Mod"-button and not "Start Vanilla" .

5. With the CD instead it would be "D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\WTW - and you'll still start it by double-clicking on the M2TWEOP-file after which you'd click the "start Mod"-button and not "Start Vanilla".

Also, download the MedievalII.Preference-file that i did upload on here & place in main Medieval II Total War folder - replacing the old file there. This will enable you to play defensive battles in hotseat, as well as prevent a bug causing CTD when clicking buildings on the campaign - it will also make FMV's work.

WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THIS MOD WITH ADVISOR ON, NEVER CLICK ADVISOR - mod will CTD!

The 4gb patch found in the Warhammer: BotET-mod - it's required for the Warcraft beta to work i've been told. I have decided to upload it here so people won't have to download the entire BotET (Beginning of the End Times) submod for Call of Warhammer.

Patch your kingdoms.exe, and only do it once. It will make all heavy mods work and be more stable. Without the patch you may experience alot of crashes.

Download 4GB patch for Warcraft Total War - Mod DB

Join the new Discord here:

https://discordapp.com/invite/qSZf9Hq

Warcraft: Total War: Official PUBLIC BETA V 2.2:

Download Warcraft: Total War: Official PUBLIC BETA V 2.2! (updated 2021-05-04)) - Mod DB

The update is huge, as it includes content from last year that wasn't in the previous releases - content that I released a week ago on the Discord - but it also includes fixes since then and a bunch of new heroes in battle, a couple of new units and what-not.

Changes of this version compared to release from a little more than a week ago:

1. New Kael'Thas strat-map model in the Reign of Chaos-campaign using a blue skin - he is also using the blue-skin in battle!

So I've found out that there existed a High Elven-skin of Prince Kael'Thas which has now been added to him in the Reign of Chaos (RoC)-campaign on the map.

He has this look in battle as well.

2. Prince/King kael'Thas now has a unique battle-map model!

In the previous versions of this mod King/Prince Kael'Thas used the mage-unit as his custom model resulting in any of the variations of that unit - now he only has his own model as an option.

- I've added a separate model for the character - and the Quel'Thalas version has the blue High Elven-skin.

3. New Vereesa Windrunner custom-skin in battle!

I've added Vereesa Windrunner as her own character to battle as well - previously she would be one of the blue Elven Rangers but now she has a unique green texture with grey hair.

- She is also green in the Frozen Throne-campaign instead of red in both battle and on the map..

4. The great demon Kazrogal added as a unique custom hero to battle!

The Demon-general Kazrogal is now a custom character in battle as well.

5. Night Elven Huntress Naisha a custom hero in battle!

I've made Naisha a custom character in battle using the Huntress-model - and she has a Huntresses-boydguard now as well.

Previously she used to be an archer with a ordinary bodyguard. This is more correct to lore.

6. Tyrande Whisperwind is now a custom hero in battle!

So Tyrande Whisperwind is the only Moon Priestess using her hair color now, as she has been made into her own custom hero character - she is using the "Moon Priestesses" as a bodyguard unique to her. All the other Moon Priestesses have different hair color such as white, red and purple.

Previously she used to be a Priestess dismounted with an ordinary bodyguard. This is more close to the WC3-game- and aims to be like on the strat-map.

7. Varimathras added as a hero to the Forsaken in battle - all the Dreadlords in the Legion have unique skins made by WarcraftHero in battle. The Dreadlord-general no longer CTD - the bodyguard of the Burning Legion are now Dreadlords - Wrathguards were too small for the Dreadlord-general to handle.

So I've fixed the CTD caused by the Dreadlords using the wrong animations as officers in battle.

Changes include removing the Wrathguards as the general's bodyguard as they're too small for the Dreadlord to be able to use their animations causing a crash, and also I've made the bodyguard of the Burning legion the Dreadlords only instead - handing the Dreadlord Generals their unique Dreadlord-animation.

All the Dreadlords have their custom skins back - Tichondrious and Varimathras share this red skin seen on the picture, then Mal'Ganis has his unique look and Antheron has a green skin instead.

All of the Dreadlords are custom characters in battle with these unique skins - while on the strat-map they use the same old skin - as otherwise they'd require separate entries and there is a limit on the number of strat-map models the game allows.

So I've also added Varimathras to battle for the Forsaken, but unlike with the Legion the Dreadlords aren't their main generic generals - so the skeleton is that of the smaller Death Knights. Just like with Illidan he is slightly glitched and below ground because of this - while in a faction using the Dreadlords as the generic general he looks perfect.

8. Amaren and Nials of Stromgarde now has unique female custom models!

So I managed to make female custom models for Amaren and Nials of Stromgarde - the two female commanders of the Stromgarde-faction.

This model will probably be used as it's own unit in a later update as my plan is to remake at least the 7 basic units of this faction - and add female medium/elite units and not just male.

New helmet-texture by Embu!

9. New Lady Vashj custom character and a new Naga bodyguard/general!

I've added a custom skin to Lady Vashj, the Commander of the Naga forces under Demon Hunter Illidan Stormrage.

The Medusa Matriarchs are now the generic generals of this faction as that's the only way to fix her bugged animation, and the new bodyguard is the Medusa Matriarchs as well - the Wraths of Azshara are still in use as the captains.

The old smaller female general will instead become her own infantry-unit.

10. Scarlet Crusade leaders are now Grand Scarlet Crusaders in battle!

I've added the battle-models of the leaders of the Scarlet Crusade to battle now. So they have the same models in battle as on the map - I will say though that I plan on changing stuff for this faction later.

11. New HE Sylvannas Windrunner/Undead Sylvannas Windrunner!

I've added a new skin for the Undead Sylvannas Windrunner that is much superior to the old one - and High Elven Sylvannas also got a skin that is different from the one commonly used as the Ranger-unit.

12. Paladins of the Silver Hand replaced with a new model!

So I did find this re-skin of "Uther the Lightbringer" that used the Arthas-model as a base - I decided to add this skin for the Paladins of the Silver Hand-generals on the map, and in battle.

But I also replaced the old unit named "Paladins of the Silver Hand" with this model.

13. Strat-map models of Lady Vashj, Undead/HE Sylvannas and Uther the Lightbringer!

I've added the new Undead Sylvannas Windrunner and High Elven Sylvannas Windrunner to the strat-map, I've also added the new skin for Lady Vashj to the strat-map model of her - and I've implemented the "Uther the Lightbringer" paladin-skin for the Arthas-model to the map as well.

The paladin-model is in use by all the starting heroes of Lordaeron that are paladins.

14. Naga Sirens a new unit for the Naga!

I've made a unit called "Naga Sirens" out of the old female general, as the Naga has a new general now - the Medusa Matriarchs.

The Naga Sirens are an elite heavy infantry unit but they are still weaker than the Guardians of the Abyss.

15. New Scarlet Crusade unit - "Onslaught Crusaders"!

The Scarlet Crusade were supposed to have a "Hyena" animal handler-unit but we failed to make the hyena work in the game, this was back in 2018 - as such they had one unique unit less than every other human faction.

- I've added a new elite unit named "Onslaught Crusaders" using the militia-models, and textures from WoW Classic - and then I've moved a weapon, shoulderpads and a shield. The shield were in use by the Elven Volunteers but it's a Scarlet Crusade-shield.

The cap, cloak and the skin are all based on the Scarlet Crusade directly from WoW Classic - fortunately the old militia had the same model - just a different skin and different gear.

16. Warcraft Total War now has two diverse campaigns - Both the campaigns are now different from each other!

Both the campaigns have seen an overhaul in the new version.

So in the release of april 24th I added mostly new strat-map models to the mod, removed the OP projectile of the Amani Soulreavers and included the first version of a Frozen-Throne campaign with all the continents and factions touched upon.

- But this version wasn't the real deal because on my Win 7 I had another version with all the changes to the Reign of Chaos-campaign, the garrisons, giant-fix, new animations, new stats etc - I did finish this version during the last two days and it now also has new starting buildings, remade rebel garrisons, quite a few additional heroes in battle and more.

Both the campaigns are now different from each other.

17. New starting buildings for most factions!

I've added starting buiildings manually to most factions of the mod, after being inspired by the Warcraft Total War: Wind of Change sub-mod made by Russian modders - I looked at their files and added new starting structures while still keeping this mods current level of developed cities and not changing any settlements into later levels - like they had done.

Copying over the text didn't work because they had changed the city-levels - I had to compare each building with the export_descr_buildings-file of this mod and then make sure the structure wasn't too high for the settlement in question.

Certain factions have no buildings at the start such as Ahn'Qiraj and the Vrykul.

Other factions such as the Horde and Theramore only has buildings in the Frozen Throne-campaign.

18. New starting garrisons in both campaigns - for all the playable factions and the rebels/Minor factions!

I've remade all the starting garrisons of the mod in both campaigns. The playable factions will have mostly basic and medium troops at the start with 1 to 3 elite infantry-units and no mages/giants/dragons - this is in the Reign of Chaos-campaign. In the Frozen Throne-campaign they might have one or two mages, one giant or so - but the armies are currently mostly the same in both campaigns with only minor differences - there are exceptions - the Scarlet Crusade and the Blood Elves have really good starting units to make up for few areas and many enemies.

All the rebels have been re-sized - expect only ten units in each rebel garrison instead of the maximum size of 20 - also expect the mages to be limited to 1 per stack. So a Quilboar army would be one Shaman and 9 infantry. The Dragonflights still have armies of 20 dragons as these areas are boss-areas. The same is true for the Zandalari Trolls.

Credits:

All the game-play changes - Mr_Nygren.

New texture of the helmet in use by the female Stromgarde commanders Nials and Amaren - Embu!

- The Havamal

EDIT as of 2021-05-23 - New installation-video made and uploaded on how to install Warcraft: Total War Version 2.2 using the Medieval 2 Total War Engine Overhaul Project (M2TWEOP)-tool.

Videos of Version 2.2:

Video of working giants:

- The Havamal