Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) [Alpha 1 Released]

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    Maybe the translator can try to use Notepad++ to translate that file?.
    Already told him about it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Yeah, i also wondered why the mod got more visitors a monday compared to the past weekend - searched for "Warcraft Total War" on Google and found the PCGamer article.

Unfortunately he didn't send me any texts or files at all - i could try to get him to send the actual files by uploading them to Google Drive - after first placing them in a folder and creating an archive using winRAR - that's easy to do. Will try sending him a PM. Yeah, he can't just send you text because they need to be in the correct format for Notepad.

How did you add resources without the use of Geomod? Is that easy? Descr_strat i'd guess. It must be way more time consuming though. Nice work nonetheless.
    Yes just a matter of adding them one by one to the coordinates like with spawning characters. Easy but time consuming as you said.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Guys, if you want you can continue the work on the mod - but me and Bantu have decided to not do anything more until we have a subforum.

Reason is we don't want to risk doing lots of work and then having somebody else get all the credit - it's due thanks to this thread being started by THC that he alone got all the credit in PCGAMER and all the other media articles, even though if we were to remove my work, Sulf's work, WarcraftHero's work, Eoghan's work and Bantu's work - we'd have a map and nothing more.

I feel kinda let down by this. What if he is put as leader of the subforum alone as well - that is not the reward i'd want. And i don't think the rest of the team would want that neither. So let's w8 for now.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Lol honestly who cares about the credit, I just want the mod to be in as good a state as it can get, that's the only reward I seek.

You're taking this way too personally again. You really think some random gaming magazine would actually bother investigating who does what on some backwater mod from a 12 year old game? Hah, hilarious.

They saw his name as the thread opener and original mod creator and that's it, remember TATW? It was also made by a team but who got the credit most of the time was King Kong, and I didn't see anyone complaining, even though it is as famous as it is due to the countless submods and improvements even after he left.
    Last edited by Sulfurion Blackfyre; April 30, 2018 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    Lol honestly who cares about the credit, I just want the mod to be in as good a state as it can get, that's the only reward I seek.

You're taking this way too personally again. You really think some random gaming magazine would actually bother investigating who does what on some backwater mod from a 12 year old game? Hah, hilarious.

They saw his name as the thread opener and original mod creator and that's it, remember TATW? It was also made by a team but who got the credit most of the time was King Kong, and I didn't see anyone complaining, even though it is as famous as it is due to the countless submods and improvements even after he left.
    I do care about the credits man. I have had way too much trouble in life the last eight years thanks to the Swedish byreucrazy - as they believe anything written in papers by people in certain positions - no matter how wrong those people are. I used to get into conflicts in my teenager years, and got trouble with the Swedish child psychiatry who branded me a marginal retard (not sure of the english term) and someone with signs of autism (not sure of the proper word there neither) - meaning they believed i was more stupid than i actually were. I was 16 years old when i got into this situation, and before that i was counted as a normal Swede.

In any case.. When i moved out as a 19 year old from my family home, they used these papers as an excuse to put certain limits on my freedom as a grown up. I tried to fight the system but failed - mostly due thanks to me using the wrong methods back then. By succeeding in moding i can prove those idiots wrong. I haven't had a job, but at least i am good at something. My user Mr_Nygren was quite well known for the wrong reasons on Swedish sites back in like 2007 and stuff. - By being in the credits i kinda get back at those tards who said i was stupid due to getting into conflicts as a teenager.

Also, as an adoptee it's easy to get bullied because of the different skin-color - but Swedish authorities blame racism on the one who is the victim of it. I am far from the only adoptee in Sweden who have gotten "branded" because of the conflicts started by racists. Actually i was always good at doing my own thing, always the perfectionist in everything i'd do - but it would seem in Sweden they like marginalizing people not born in the country.

Therefore i'd believe it would be good for my reputation to be in credits - trying to prove those idiots wrong by succeeding with things like this.

Yeah, you're probably right about the magazines.

Difference is King Kong did most of the work? Or did he? Not sure really. But if you'd look at UndyingNephalim he did everything by himself - in Warcraft i believe it's not a case of one person doing it all. And also, i've been basically leading the entire resurrection since last year. But to be honest, i don't care about him getting credits - however i'd like to be in the credits as well as that is part of me proving idiot Swedish byreucrazy wrong.

Just because some racist write that soemone is "less smart" doesn't mean that it is true - even if that someone works at a reception for kids with depression.

I do mod because i like playing the mods, but i also kinda show i am not as dumb as they wrote by doing so. Also - when you get branded in Sweden it's very hard to get a job - especially when they put a guardian on you as well.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 01, 2018 at 03:53 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Centenarius

I can understand your decision; As Sulfurion wrote, they just wrote the name of the thread creator but also they wrote that "Lots of hard work and an entire change in personnel later, the team behind the project..." so they are stating that there's a team behind the mod, not only the original creator alone. They just didn't write the names for unknown reasons (privacy or lack of investigation?).

But what is incredible is all the thankful people comments on the Moddb's page! I would have never expected that an user would have donated that cool ancillary images, as of today i'm still fighting against the triggers to get them to show correctly in game.

At this point i think, there isn't any way to edit the very first page of the thread and the thread's name as well?. Maybe a moderator could do it?. If it can't be done, wouldn't be good to open a new fresh thread here in the Released Mods with fixed first page?.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

I can understand your decision; As Sulfurion wrote, they just wrote the name of the thread creator but also they wrote that "Lots of hard work and an entire change in personnel later, the team behind the project..." so they are stating that there's a team behind the mod, not only the original creator alone. They just didn't write the names for unknown reasons (privacy or lack of investigation?).

But what is incredible is all the thankful people comments on the Moddb's page! I would have never expected that an user would have donated that cool ancillary images, as of today i'm still fighting against the triggers to get them to show correctly in game.

At this point i think, there isn't any way to edit the very first page of the thread and the thread's name as well?. Maybe a moderator could do it?. If it can't be done, wouldn't be good to open a new fresh thread here in the Released Mods with fixed first page?.
    Yea, i've read the article - but there were many similar articles where they wrote things slightly differently.

Yes, i do agree with you that it is awesome when random people decide to contribute to the mod because they like it and wanna help the people working on it to make it better and improve it. Speaking of which, i've gotten the traits from that guy over at MODDB - gonna test them out in the mod now. If they indeed work they will be kept - work without causing CTD. It's not custom traits but vanilla i believe - still better than no traits at all.

Besides this, i've played about 64 turns in a Theramore campaign without recording, and it's quite fun actually - i recently lost the last remnants of the starting forces and now have mostly militias and unarmoured recruits who aren't as strong facing the Orcish Horde. I wanna ask Sulfurion if they are intended to not have any siege engines available in the Workshop in the early game? I know the AI can spam those but still think maybe they didn't get added by a mistake or because they were simply forgotten?

Also, are dwarves and elves recruitable for Theramore? They shouldn't be regional-based in Dwarven/Elven lands only - if that is the case. Because Theramore would never venture there i'd think. I will look into it and add them if necessary.

I basically turn all my settlements into castles etc like a human Kingdom would in Kalimdor. Burning Legion has sent in merchants into my lands and are in control of the Tauren main lands. The Tauren lands down south are still in the hands of the Tauren rebels. So basically i managed to conquer Mudsprocked from the Goblin rebels, and the three Quilboar settlements - by simply sieging them out until they gave up. Same with the Bandits in Northwatch. But the Tauren lands were already in the hands of the Horde when i reached them, such as Taurajo - and Brackenwall held by Ogre rebels. The Ogres sallied out at the final turn and i lost 80 percent of the third starting army there.

In any case, maybe Horde should have Ogres? In WC3 the Brackenwall Ogres joined with Thrall and the Horde after being beaten in battle.So they would only have them in Brackenwall. Not sure, but it would fit with lore. Also, i will look into making some Naga units and demons lesser in numbers to make crashes when having huge armies less common.

And i forgot to add WarcraftHero's ship-fix - it will be included - making Kul'Tiras Battleships buildable from Kul'Tiras only. Plus making all ships less common.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 01, 2018 at 05:34 AM.

- The Havamal

I just checked and it's not just Theramore, every human faction doesn't have siege units available in the first building, but I don't know why actually, I didn't really touch the siege weapons, only changed the recruitment values of those already present I think.

If Horde gets Ogres, they can get Forest Trolls too(Revantusk). Im not entirely againts such things. For example I also think Troll factions get each other’s basic units. For example if Gurubashi captures a Amani settlement, they can get Amanishi rabbles instead of Gurubashi primitives etc.
    Last edited by Tureuki; May 01, 2018 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurion Blackfyre View Post
    I just checked and it's not just Theramore, every human faction doesn't have siege units available in the first building, but I don't know why actually, I didn't really touch the siege weapons, only changed the recruitment values of those already present I think.
    Ah, if you didn't Touch them then it's due to the fact those Dwarven ballistas and catapults got removed.

I Will add the trebuchet with your values. I had played for 42 turns. Now it's 52 and Horde is still a challenge. Fortunately rebels are keeping Farraki and Qiraji busy. And Legion is the only threat on a second front.

- The Havamal

Guys, if you want you can continue the work on the mod - but me and Bantu have decided to not do anything more until we have a subforum.

Reason is we don't want to risk doing lots of work and then having somebody else get all the credit - it's due thanks to this thread being started by THC that he alone got all the credit in PCGAMER and all the other media articles, even though if we were to remove my work, Sulf's work, WarcraftHero's work, Eoghan's work and Bantu's work - we'd have a map and nothing more.

I feel kinda let down by this. What if he is put as leader of the subforum alone as well - that is not the reward i'd want. And i don't think the rest of the team would want that neither. So let's w8 for now.
    I respect your decision but do not fear: i'm pretty sure that you will soon get your own subforum, the team deserves it .

Centenarius

Good news, with the help of Withwnar i managed to fix the Faction Leader Title ancillaries; now when a general becomes a faction leader, it will again a specific Faction Leader Title that adds various bonuses. Next step are the triggers for some heroes Items.

Guys i managed to implement some custom cursors (static & animated) into the mod!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-05-01 20-39-10-674.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	231.9 KB 
ID:	352981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-05-01 20-42-43-955.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	387.0 KB 
ID:	352976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-05-01 20-41-38-066.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	491.1 KB 
ID:	352980Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-05-01 20-41-55-428.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	528.4 KB 
ID:	352979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-05-01 20-42-15-393.jpg 
Size:	470.6 KB 
ID:	352978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-05-01 20-42-34-807.jpg 
Size:	501.3 KB 
ID:	352977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-05-01 20-42-56-612.jpg 
Size:	479.6 KB 
ID:	352975

cursors.rar

All you have to do is downloading the files and then extract the folder "cursors" in the WTW data folder.
    For now i made 4 packs: Horde-Alliance/Stormwind-Night elves-Scourge.
    The folder comes with the horde pack enabled since i'm playing a horde faction, so if you want to switch pack you'll have to do this:
    -Go to the cursor folder of the mod.
    -You will notice that there are a bunch of .ani and .cur files and a folder named "Extra".
    -Erase all the files except that folder and then enter in Extra.
    -Now enter in the folder's pack you want to enable and copy all the .ani and .cur files in it and then past them in the cursor main folder with the Extra folder.
    -Lastly for making them work you'll have to rename them, example: Humandiplomacy.ani in diplomacy.ani.
    And there you go, if the files are correctly renamed, like in my first screenshot, they should work fine.
    P.S.You wil probably notice that between the bunch of .ani and .cur files there are some "Alternate" files, as the name suggests these are some alternate version of certain files, more specifically the diplomacy files.
    In this case you just need to choose between the first diplomacy file of the pack or the alternate version by renaming one and erasing the other, example: AlternateHumandiplomacy.ani-diplomacy.ani
    Last edited by Zerg93; May 01, 2018 at 02:23 PM.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

I modified the Drakkari starting setup and managed to kill the Lich King inside Icecrown. Took me three savegame tries to figure a tactic and succeeded. It took 10 more turns to get the Scourge heir and new leader killed in Eastern Kingdoms.
    Only a human player can do this, AI isnt smart enough and the modding won't help it.

Now most of Northrend is conquered and i dispatched 8 stacks towards Eastern Kingdoms to "help" the people there.

Centenarius

Thank you for the cursors Zerg93, an amazing contribution +rep

Thank you for the cursors Zerg93, an amazing contribution +rep
    You're welcome .
    Realworld cursor editor is really old but still works like a charm .

By the way, are you guys going to rebalance some units in the future?Because i'm currently waging war on Stromgarde and i do feel like my Dark Iron Death Rocket unit is kinda broken.
    With each volley i did one shot something like 6/8 towers and many points of the walls...and i still had more than half of the ammunition!I used the other half on the enemy army.
    Plus, i just watched the statistics between a normal catapult and the Iron rocket and...they seem really wrong...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-05-04 15-58-20-177.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	770.8 KB 
ID:	353099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2018-05-04 15-58-24-263.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	774.1 KB 
ID:	353100

Aside from the same recruitment cost 2000vs2000 and upkeep 333vs400, the damage vs buildings...30vs1000??
    Last edited by Zerg93; May 04, 2018 at 01:47 PM.

The rockets have the Warhammer stats.

- The Havamal

The rockets have the Warhammer stats.
    Oh, ok then.
    I even played call of warhammer some time ago, i must have forgotten that .

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Zerg93 View Post
    Oh, ok then.
    I even played call of warhammer some time ago, i must have forgotten that .
    I think you can do some edits in EDU as you like. Some things are amiss in EDU regarding unit tier and costs.
    Thats my punishment because i didnt mention what is the unit and their relative strength.