Page 15 of 406 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

this will be interesting, though I tought it wouldn't come so soon.

Poor Mr. Lich King, everyone will forget about him now

Yeah I agree, it looks great. They're finally gonna stir up wow with the Cataclysm! But Tauren Paladin..? Human hunters: lorewise correct, could be possible. Just a human who shoots and is friendly to animals. Dwarvan shaman: if they are the Wildhammers; yes. Night elf mage: wtf..? Tauren Paladin:???????!!!

Here is my try at unit descriptions

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lordaeron

Peasants

Most of the population of the human kingdom’s is made of simple townsfolk, peasants, farmers or craftsmen. In times of war, when the need is urgent and there is no time or money for proper training, they are recruited into the army and forced to war with their daily lives tools, and if lucky, some leather armor.

Footmen

The big bulk of the professional human armies are made of footmen, clad in plate mail and armed with a broadsword and kiteshields, these hearty defenders of humanity volunteered themselves for the army, hoping to protect their homeland after hearing the stories of the atrocities commited by the orcs in the second war. Altough they may look grim veterans of many battles, a good look at their faces will reveal many young people who still haven’t fought one battle. Still they are heavily armored and are very trained in the arts of war, and when the hour comes to defend Humanity, these young men will die with swords in hand.

Axe Militia

Humans may not be very fond of using axes in battle, but when the need to bolster armies arrives, many lumbermen prefer to take their axes to battle instead of a sword. Mostly used as shock troopers when assaulting walls or to garrison villages, simple lives make simple people, and the only thing they know in a battle is that orders must be followed. However, if the battle turns against them, they will ignore whatever orders they have and flee the field.

Spear Militia

Most of the time the professional armies of Lordaeron do the bloody job of defending the homeland, but when the army numbers start dwindling and more men are urgently needed in the battlefields of Azeroth, then spear militia is the best that most towns can afford to recruit. Simple people recruited by force to fight the enemies of Lordaeron, they will at least receive some basic training, a spear and shield and if lucky some basic armor. While little better than peasants at close combat, they are good to hold an enemy’s charge and to fight cavalry. Other than that, they are not good for much except for being arrow fodders, which they do very well because of their large shields. If ordered to fight heavy infantry, their numbers will fall dramatically and they will turn tail and run.

Archer Militia

Peasants and hunters recruited into the army to serve as basic ranged troops, they will not be good for much except to defend settlements, preferably behind the safety of their own walls. While most of them practiced with bow for their entire lives, they still lack the discipline or combat training of professional armies, so their aim and draw strength will be average at best. If forced into melee, the best thing they can do to fight the enemy is to draw them away from the battlefield.. while the archers run for their lives.

Lordamere Archers

Renowned for their archery skills and traditions, the people from around Lordamere Lake often volunteer themselves for the army in the hopes of bringing wealth home, as their archery talents are very appreciated by commanders. Good archers by nature, they are also given basic swordsmanship training, to not be completely useless in battle if by any means the enemy reaches them. Together with regular Footmen, Lordamere Archers make the bulk of the professional armies of Lordaeron, a small yet very skilled force when it comes to protect Lordaeron.

Lordaeron Crossbowmen

The crossbow is a simple weapon to use and cheap to make, and most of the ranged soldiers of Lordaeron’s armies use the crossbow. While not as skilled as Lordamere Archers, they are certainly more deadly and useful than simple hunters armed with not-so-rare improved bows. This way Lordaeron can keep it’s armies supplied with simple but deadly ranged troops, offering excellent support to their most heavily armed soldiers while advancing to the enemy lines.

Dismounted Lordaeron Paladins

Paladins. The name strikes fear into the hearts of every user of necromancy. The elite of the knights of Lordaeron eventually are trained and raised as paladins. Imbued with the holy power of the Light and wielding powerful hammers, they charge into the enemy lines spreading chaos with their light-blessed weapons, blinding and smiting the unholy enemies of humanity. When dismounted, they are some of the finest heavy infantry in all the kingdom of Lordaeron.

Lordaeron Paladins

Paladins. The name strikes fear into the hearts of every user of necromancy. The elite of the knights of Lordaeron eventually are trained and raised as paladins. Imbued with the holy power of the Light and wielding powerful hammers, they charge into the enemy lines spreading chaos with their light-blessed weapons, blinding and smiting the unholy enemies of humanity.

Pikemen

Some soldiers who are levied into the army are trained and used in tightly packed formations of units using pikes. These very long shafted weapons are used to deflect enemy cavalry charges, and when necessary, they are the best weapons to deal with large sized enemies such as golems or the stupid and bloodthirsty ogres. It’s best after all, to be able to pierce the enemy while being far away enough not to get blown away by their big clubs.

Lordaeron Royal Guards

The best of the best, handpicked by their strength, valour, honor and unquenchable loyalty, they are drawn from the most veteran of footmen or knights, and given the best armor of the best steel available in the realm. Used as bodyguards to protect important people and places, they sometimes can be assembled in one big unit to be used in the battlefield as elite heavy infantry. While costly to train and maintain, they are the best foot soldiers of Lordaeron, and they practically fear no enemy, be it demons from the fabled Twisting Nether or simple Trolls from the wild.

Knights of Lordaeron

The professional mounted force of Lordaeron, they are both nobles and commoneers, who, by rising in the army ranks, are eventually taken as squires by knights, and then, rise as knights of Lordaeron themselves . Despite many of them being arrogant and self centered, they are the most hearty and resolute defenders of Lordaeron, second only to the holy paladins, their superiors.

Lordamere Horsemen

Not only are the people of Lordamere Lake skilled archers, they are also able riders, and in time of war, they serve as the armies light cavalry, going in support of the knights and their squires. Many of them hope to be noted by some elderly knight and to be made his squire some day. Wearing only light armor, they aren’t very fond of fighting prolonged melees in the middle of a battlefield, but are good to charge unprotected enemies such as archers and to pursue and run down retreating enemies.

Kirin Tor Mages

Dalaran has been an ally of Lordaeron for a very long time. Known as the haven for the arcane users, all mages who hope to be someone eventually go there one day. The elite of Dalaran are the Kirin Tor, mages who excel both at studying and teaching the arcane, and fighting on the battlefield. They are the most powerful magicians that Lordaeron can employ, freezing their enemies with powerful blizzards and roasting with fireballs, they will not let the enemies of humanity go away unpunished. Unlike the frail Priests of the Holy Light, Kirin Tor mages are also cabaple of using their swords in hand to hand fighting effectively, tough their lack of armor makes them easy prey when their mana is low.

Priests of the Holy Light

The most devout and pious of mankind, even more than paladins, priests of the Holy Light serve as supporting spellcasters, healing friends and smiting foes, they are not as skilled as proper battle mages when in a battlefield, but can still make a difference when properly used, especially against the Undead. They do not like to fight however, and prefer to meditate and pray, so when the enemy approaches they will likely retreat from the battlefield.

Paladins of the Silver Hand

Formed by the paladin Uther the Lightbringer, the first paladin, this order was used to counter the deadly orc death knights of the second war. Now they are Lordaeron’s finest warriors, the ultimate goal of every knight is usually to become a member of this order, for every of it’s members is not only a warrior of great valor and honor, but is also very renowned throughout the land, sometimes being as highly respected as the king himself by the populace for their good hearts and deeds. In battle they use the secret powers of the Holy Light to smite huge amounts of enemies into dust, and even when some survive, they will quickly use their hammers (often as famous as their owners) to dispatch those few who survive their holy wrath.

Lordaeron Seargents

Another branch of Lordaeron’s professional forces, these volunteers and recruits use spears with maximum efficiency, well trained and armored as their sword wielding brethren, these are specialized anti cavalry troops, who will charge without fear any monsters who threaten the security of Lordaeron and will hold any charge the enemy throws at them. They are not as skilled in fighting in melee as Footmen tough, and will break ranks and flee if the battle does not go their way for a prolonged time.

Mounted Seargents

Every rich peasant has at least one horse or two, and when the time comes to create armies and go to war, this commoneers will enlist in the army taking their loyal mounts with them. Despite rich enough to own horses, they are still common folk, and will only have the money to afford average armor. They are good to charge, and few else. They are not knights, and as such they can’t fight very well in the middle of a battlefield, and will mostly be used to charge archers or to pursue fleeing enemies.

Sorry for any errors, english is not my main language.

They are pretty good, only a few mistakes with your English

yes yes, very good except for the paladins me and HappyCrusader decided that instead of hammers they will be weilding sword and shield (they're based off feudal knights) but just change hammer to sword. just pretend their the tanks
    Last edited by Varian; August 22, 2009 at 10:01 PM.

Juli's Avatar Biarchus

Nice descriptions. I´m not that really into Warcraft (have only played W3), but the descriptions were somewhat inspiring

@MommaG

Perhaps you should ask for a forum of your own...
    You just wasted 4 seconds of your life reading this sentence. You'll read it again because it was so funny and waste another 4. And since you read that sentence, some more disappeared, count this sentence and it's 'nother couple. Good job time waster!
    ACDC Rulezz
    Flying Moose of Nargothrond. Tolkien fans, behold!
    My little Tolkien fan-fiction

Hm, so shall I continue with the descriptions? I know my grammar sucks and I repeat a lot of words, but I have some problems when it comes to write large texts. Well then the "normal" paladins will use swords and shields, but the Silver Hand ones will continue to use hammers right?

Such mod will never be released. If it get's any close to it Blizzard will close it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoson View Post
    Hm, so shall I continue with the descriptions? I know my grammar sucks and I repeat a lot of words, but I have some problems when it comes to write large texts. Well then the "normal" paladins will use swords and shields, but the Silver Hand ones will continue to use hammers right?
    yes, the silver hand will use hammers

FighterPilot is right in a way... and I said it too, we should first ask Blizzard before we make any progress otherwise it will just be a waste in the end.

maybe we should

In the political upheaval Cairne Bloodhoof is implicated as a traitor to the Horde and murdered by Garrosh. Cairne's son Baine takes over as the new Tauren chieftan.
    you see now? taurens must be free nation

and yes .We have paladins now

so is Garrosh the new warchief or is Thrall still the warchief?

Quote Originally Posted by sfanky View Post
    In the political upheaval Cairne Bloodhoof is implicated as a traitor to the Horde and murdered by Garrosh. Cairne's son Baine takes over as the new Tauren chieftan.
    you see now? taurens must be free nation

and yes .We have paladins now
    xD You're hopeless xD
    Btw Hoson, if you want I could help you with your descriptions? I'd love to that, and you might use some help

Quote Originally Posted by MommaG View Post
    so is Garrosh the new warchief or is Thrall still the warchief?
    Nothing has been confirmed by Blizzard yet, but rumor has it that Thrall is going to be the new Guardian of Tirisfal, and the leader of the combined resistance of the Horde and the Alliance against the new threat: Deathwing and the Elementals and the Naga. He gives his place as Warchief of the Horde to Garrosh (who ofcourse is going to royally screw it -.- )

im gonna mis cairne!!!

You can do them if you want I guess, just tell me what factions you'll do so that we do not make the same. I now wonder where the hell is happy crusader? : / we needed his word in relation to that blizzard thing. I just read in their site their "license" stuff and apparently we really are not allowed to mod this game without their permission. And I guess we have 0,01% chances of getting their permission.

This sucks indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaG View Post
    im gonna mis cairne!!!
    Yeah, that poor old cow..

It's a good death for Cairne. If he dies defying Garrosh, he dies as the peaceful, friendly giant he always was ^^
    About Blizzard.. can't we say it's just because we adore warcraft so much, and that it has nothing to do with money? In the end, we áre promoting the warcraft series right..? Or maybe we can say it's for a small community?

Yeah, those would be my arguments too, but in these legal stuff things like that never matter, except perhaps the "we won't sell anything" part, and even then. Well lets just continue with it and if they say no... well.. the word underground means something to you?