Page 11 of 406 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

:o That looks really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Leroux3369 View Post
    Cool. I'm really excited about this mod. Btw, I saw in the unit roster among others an 'alive' Sylvanas and an undead Sylvanas. Is that just a trigger when the Scourge destroys Quel'Thalas, or can you literally turn any killed enemy hero to undead? Don't know if that's possible though..I'm not really into the medieval 2 codes. And what was the trigger again for Arthas to turn evil?
    Dead Sylvanas apears if lordaeron is conquered by the scourge but has a low public order and living sylvannas is dead. She apears with her forsaken rebels.

An event will come up for lordaeron if they want to send arthas to northrend to hunt malganis. If they say yes then arthas disapears for a few turns. He will either return to lordaeron with a free army, or he will go over to the scourge as "Evil" Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaG View Post
    for the first time ever being a "cretic" on your mapping skills... shouldnt thunder bluff be closer to the center of Mulgore??????
    Hmm in the map i had looked at I thought it was in that corner, hmmm I will dubble check that. I welcome CONSTRUCTIVE critisism to help make the map better (better say it now while the map is in the first phase of construction so I can change it easily).

Ok. But I assume you'll give a reason for Arthas to hunt Mal'Ganis? Is Mal'Ganis bothering Lordaeron? Like with real armies or just a huuuuge public order penalty/plague?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is the Wow map. I think the difference is because the town is in Wow way bigger then on the Total War map.

Ok. But I assume you'll give a reason for Arthas to hunt Mal'Ganis? Is Mal'Ganis bothering Lordaeron? Like with real armies or just a huuuuge public order penalty/plague?
    I'm thinking that Mal Ganis may have to be theoretical, represented by plague popping up in regions such as Andorhal and Stratholme. It would be nice if we could have him physicaly leading the scourge but i'm not sure if that's possible.

I guess it is because of the story, it's just an event like that windmill stuff in the vanilla, but one where you do get a choice like those market things in stainless steel, where you choose wether to fund it or not. This is supposed to be lorewise in the beginning I think, but as the game begins it is you who make warcraft history. So just imagine that King Therenas actually heeds Antonidas advice about the plague and sends Arthas to Northrend to destroy the scourge at it's heart before the actual invasion.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is the Wow map. I think the difference is because the town is in Wow way bigger then on the Total War map.
    yeah that would do it. I also blew open the mountains in the northwest corner so you can go through to desolace. I've had to do this alot to make some regions decently accesable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoson View Post
    I guess it is because of the story, it's just an event like that windmill stuff in the vanilla, but one where you do get a choice like those market things in stainless steel, where you choose wether to fund it or not. This is supposed to be lorewise in the beginning I think, but as the game begins it is you who make warcraft history. So just imagine that King Therenas actually heeds Antonidas advice about the plague and sends Arthas to Northrend to destroy the scourge at it's heart before the actual invasion.
    oh how fun this mod will be!!!

HappyCrusader you are making real progress in the map that's very good! I feel that with a little help from others this mod could become truly epic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    oh how fun this mod will be!!!
    ah yes! but first we have to EVOLVE (if you get what i mean)

Yep so do I. And I really hope so. I hope it will capture the feel of Warcraft 3, packed in a Total War box.

Yeah I am trying to learn 3D modelling but it's tougher than I expected. For now I can just do basic stuff like pyramids or tables.

Lol not bad at all. I can't mod a thing. I once tried to add the Saxon faction to vanilla with the help of a guide, and it crashed my game

LOL yeah for beginners modding can be very frustrating, when I tried to mod my Rome Total War for the first time I had to reinstall the game some 5 times before I got the hang of it, and it was text only! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Hoson View Post
    Yeah I am trying to learn 3D modelling but it's tougher than I expected. For now I can just do basic stuff like pyramids or tables.
    which program do you use, if ya use milkshape i can give you a beginners tutorial...

I'm using 3D Studio Max trial, then perhaps I'll get Wings3D.

never heard of wings 3d before

The Horde has only one province? What about the lands of the Tauren, and the islands of the trolls? And the Barrens? It looks like they only have Durotar.
    We the Taurens,we want our promised lands in Barrens
    and i dont understand one thing:
    is the horde include taurens and orcs together??

centaurs have their own kingdom,but Taurens not??

comee ooon We want our own promised lands in the name of us !!

I asked almost the same question, but the Tauren aren't an independant faction anymore. They joined the Horde, and their actions are decided by the Warchief Thrall, since he rules over the entire Horde. See it as The US, a lot of States, but not independant. They are ruled by the president of the US.