Page 3 of 406 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Hi guys i can help you with the lore.
    First of all Theramore was founded by Jaina after Lordaeron fell and the centaurs aren't united at all and as an important note in WoW as both the Alliance and the Horde you get to ally with one of the Centaur factions to keep them fighting each other and they don't have slaves.
    As emergent factions you could have the Forsaken and the Blood Elves.
    Guys the Steamwheedle Cartel should not be a playble faction because the goblins want money not to make wars.
    Last edited by ShockBlast; July 03, 2009 at 12:50 AM.

For the centaurs I was actualy thinking that you would start with one centaur region and then if you go and counquer the rival centaur lands you then become the (united) Centaur Khanate.

Instead of the blood elves as and emergent faction we're thinking that if the high elves loose the sunwell they will become the blood elves. And some of their units will change (i.e. Sun Knights become Blood Knigts). If they manage to take back the sunwell then the blood elves would become the high elves again and their units would revert back.

The Forsaken might be a possibility for an emergent faction, emerging if Lordaeron was counquered by the scourge and Sylvanas Windrunner is dead (she'll be a High elf general at the start of the campaign)

And if we're going to take the time to make goblin units then why not make the Steamwheele Cartel playable? I just don't see any reason to deny people the fun of conquering azeroth with goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    For the centaurs I was actualy thinking that you would start with one centaur region and then if you go and counquer the rival centaur lands you then become the (united) Centaur Khanate.
    The Centaurs don't have that potental you could go with the Blackrock Clan or the Syndicate.
    Instead of the blood elves as and emergent faction we're thinking that if the high elves loose the sunwell they will become the blood elves. And some of their units will change (i.e. Sun Knights become Blood Knigts). If they manage to take back the sunwell then the blood elves would become the high elves again and their units would revert back.
    Nice ideea.
    The Forsaken might be a possibility for an emergent faction, emerging if Lordaeron was counquered by the scourge and Sylvanas Windrunner is dead (she'll be a High elf general at the start of the campaign)
    If you have the time.
    And if we're going to take the time to make goblin units then why not make the Steamwheele Cartel playable? I just don't see any reason to deny people the fun of conquering azeroth with goblins.
    Let's ge real here the Goblins don't want to have anything to do with conquering and with a logic like that way not make the Murlocs a faction.

And how are you going to represent the Horde?At the start of the third war the Orcs were in concentration camps,only at the end of the Battle of Mount Hyjal the Orcs started to construct Ogrimmar.

The Centaurs don't have the potental you could go with Blackrock Clan or the Syndicate.
    why would the syndicate be alive if Lordaeron is still alive and well??? the reason why were putting centaurs in, is so that there is competition in kalimdor. they'll have slaves so that they have some infantry (cuz its no fair if its all cavalry). And about everything else... were not trying to be accurate, were adding those other factions in for pure entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by MommaG View Post
    why would the syndicate be alive if Lordaeron is still alive and well??? the reason why were putting centaurs in, is so that there is competition in kalimdor. they'll have slaves so that they have some infantry (cuz its no fair if its all cavalry). And about everything else... were not trying to be accurate, were adding those other factions in for pure entertainment
    The Syndicate are the remaints of Alterac they don't have anything to do with the fall of Lordaeron.
    The only place were the Centaurs have some force is Desolace and the ideea of Centaurs having slaves is a bad joke at best.
    If you want a faction go with the remaints of the Burning Legion and it's allies(or the Stayrs and the Shadow Council if the mod statrs at the begining of the third war) this will give you a real powerful faction with alot of settlements.The Shadow Council has a important settlement in Desolace Thunder Axe Fortress full of Orcs who serve the Legion(if the mod starts at the start of WoW).
    I can really help you guys with the lore and the balancing of units.
    Last edited by ShockBlast; July 03, 2009 at 11:36 AM.

.... but then the centaurs wouldnt have any infantry, and dismounted centaur warriors would be an ever greater joke, what other infantry unit can u think the centuars can use??? (if you played warcraft 3 the centaurs were like the golden horde, of course they can get slaves) about the syndacite, they can be rebels, not a full faction.

c'mon guys, we need ppl to join our mod team!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    Let's ge real here the Goblins don't want to have anything to do with conquering and with a logic like that way not make the Murlocs a faction.

And how are you going to represent the Horde?At the start of the third war the Orcs were in concentration camps,only at the end of the Battle of Mount Hyjal the Orcs started to construct Ogrimmar.
    Why should we deny people a chance to play as The Steamwheedle Cartel just because of what fictional goblins think? The Strengths/Weaknesses of the Steamwheedle Cartel (in WTW) is an excellent economy but limited military units and reliance on mercenaries. The mulocs would obviously not work as a faction (far too spread out, few centralized settlements, limited organization).

The Horde will start with the settlements in the durotar region, including their capital of Orgrimmar. Lore is not the main priority here. I have no problem with sacrificing lore for the sake of better gameplay. We try to work in lore where it will be practical and fun, but gameplay is our main concern.

If you want a faction go with the remaints of the Burning Legion and it's allies(or the Stayrs and the Shadow Council if the mod statrs at the begining of the third war) this will give you a real powerful faction with alot of settlements.The Shadow Council has a important settlement in Desolace Thunder Axe Fortress full of Orcs who serve the Legion(if the mod starts at the start of WoW).
    The Burning Legion is already a faction in WTW, they start with the dark portal and the larger of the two islands off the coast of ferelas. WTW starts roughly around the begining of warcraft 3 (couldn't have Lordaeron as a faction if it started at the begining of WoW) with time bent to include Theramore and The Horde.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

why donīt you change the start date to the age of WOW? it will be much easier to balance the gameplay, plus you wont need to brake the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    why donīt you change the start date to the age of WOW? it will be much easier to balance the gameplay, plus you wont need to brake the lore.
    I think we'll stick with the current start date for a couple reasons, one: we couldn't have Lordaeron or the Burning Legion as factions and two: Warcraft 3 gives us a bunch of clearly defined events to encorperate. For example I was thinking that so many turns into the campaign Lordaeron will have the choice to send prince arthas on an expadition to northrend to hunt Mal'ganis. If they say yes then two outcomes can occur; Arthas will either pick up Frostmourne and become a scourge general with a free army with him or he will kill Mal'ganis without frostmourne and return to Lordaeron with his veteran forces in toe. (somewhat similar to Edward in Britania)

and ummm... why would it be easier to balance the gameplay starting in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    I think we'll stick with the current start date for a couple reasons, one: we couldn't have Lordaeron or the Burning Legion as factions and two: Warcraft 3 gives us a bunch of clearly defined events to encorperate. For example I was thinking that so many turns into the campaign Lordaeron will have the choice to send prince arthas on an expadition to northrend to hunt Mal'ganis. If they say yes then two outcomes can occur; Arthas will either pick up Frostmourne and become a scourge general with a free army with him or he will kill Mal'ganis without frostmourne and return to Lordaeron with his veteran forces in toe. (somewhat similar to Edward in Britania)
    You will take your information on settlements form WoW because it is the best source of information.
    Don't obliterate the lore if you like Lordaeron make a Campaign map that has the Lordaeron continent and Northrend.I could come up with a list of factions and you can play with the Burning Legion at the start of WoW.
    and ummm... why would it be easier to balance the gameplay starting in WoW?
    Because there are no overpowerd factions like the Alliance between the Scourge and the Burning Legion.

This is Warcraft Total War, not World of Warcraft Total war.

You will take your information on settlements form WoW because it is the best source of information.
    Don't obliterate the lore if you like Lordaeron make a Campaign map that has the Lordaeron continent and Northrend.I could come up with a list of factions and you can play with the Burning Legion at the start of WoW.

Because there are no overpowerd factions like the Alliance between the Scourge and the Burning Legion.
    were trying our best to find ways to not overpower factions, like lordaeron, they have a good military, so to counter that, bad starting position and economy.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    why not Warcraft 3??? i find its better to get information than WoW cuz itll take weeks to start up a new character and lvl it to 80 and explore everywhere and take information from there.

(to ShockBlast)
    is the world goin to go into a huge panic if we dont follow lore correctly and accuretly? its just a mod, if you wanna go follow the lore correctly, go play warcraft 3

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Attachment 46327

heres a screen of my Dismounted Paladin that is available for Lordaeron, Stormwind, Theramore.
    your normals are screwed up. press ctrl + m and then you can see the model.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
    your normals are screwed up. press ctrl + m and then you can see the model.
    o ok, srry im new to modelling, here you go
    (also, if u have some tips, im listening...)

Attachment 46999

Edit: wrong unit but this will do.

Good job everyone

This mod really seems to be going somewhere. Great work!
    Make America great again!

dont forget to check out our official forums!!!

http://warcraft-tw.forumotion.com/

were trying our best to find ways to not overpower factions, like lordaeron, they have a good military, so to counter that, bad starting position and economy.
    Well they don't have bad starting position and economy they are a big power house but the Scourge plague was something that caught them with their pants down.

why not Warcraft 3??? i find its better to get information than WoW cuz itll take weeks to start up a new character and lvl it to 80 and explore everywhere and take information from there.
    No you don't need to own WoW to get info from it.You only need a good site like this one : http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Warcraft_universe
    I olso have an account but it's frozen at the moment.
    (to ShockBlast)
    is the world goin to go into a huge panic if we dont follow lore correctly and accuretly? its just a mod, if you wanna go follow the lore correctly, go play warcraft 3
    Way not i can give you all the info you need to make this game very balanced you ony need to listen.
    I really know alot about the Warcraft universe and trust me Lore is important if KK would have done a TA:TW without respecting the lore the game would have been very unpolular.

Will you guys let me help you?