Page 6 of 406 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Warcraft: Total War (WTW) Original Thread

Default Re: Warcraft: Total War (WTW)

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    How are we going to cross to the other continent?Will we go around Maelstorm with boats?

By the way the placements are very good.But more mountains and trees will be better.

And will cities be custom made?Will they look different on campaign map than medieval 2 total war cities?
    You will be crossing to the other continents via ship and the mealstrom will be represented as one big, never ending (and very dangerous) storm. Cities with unique buildings/landmarks will be custom made (ie. the Sunwell settlement will have the sunwell in it) and we will have new strat models for cities.

Attachment 48744

here is the marksmen for theramore. i tried to make the model as world of warcraft as i can cuz itll be cool to see and remember a famous npc in the famous quest: Take Down Tethyr!

here a link to what they look like.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=23900

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Theramore will be script triggered when Lordaeron is conquered?

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    Theramore will be script triggered when Lordaeron is conquered?
    Theramore will be a playable faction at the start of the campaign and I am aware that this is bending lore.

And Theramore didn't emerge when Lordaeron was conquered, it emerged when Jaina followed the "Prophet's" (Medihv's) instructions and went west with her followers to Kalimdor. If you remember from Warcraft 3 this happened after the culling of Stratholme, and Lordaeron, though injured, was still alive.

And Theramore didn't emerge when Lordaeron was conquered, it emerged when Jaina followed the "Prophet's" (Medihv's) instructions and went west with her followers to Kalimdor. If you remember from Warcraft 3 this happened after the culling of Stratholme, and Lordaeron, though injured, was still alive.
    Yes but it would be the best way to represent it or maybe when Lordaeron had only a few settlments but it's not the case because you will not follow the lore.
    Theramore as a city-nation was founded at the begining of TFT,they didn't found it as soon as they arrived in Kalimdor.

Shockblast,

We feel that having Theramore at the start of the campaign is the best way to represent the faction and to make it playable.

hmm.... i checked the WoW community website and checked the timeline, the start of warcraft 3 is year 22, TFT is 23 and WoW is 25, what can we do to possibly make at least 300 turns of gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by MommaG View Post
    hmm.... i checked the WoW community website and checked the timeline, the start of warcraft 3 is year 22, TFT is 23 and WoW is 25, what can we do to possibly make at least 300 turns of gameplay?
    1 turn could equal half a week. Since we're going from year 22 to year 25 that would give us around 300 turns.

finaly a warcarft mod alive maybe i can help with ideas?

ARRIBA LA CELESTE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachox View Post
    thanks for asking, but we did all of our reaserch before we started this mod, do you have any experiance with modding???

Here's a look at Dustwallow Marsh:

Depends on how good your ideas are But if you have a suggestion or 2 we're listening.

what about a Blood Elf - Naga leaded by Illidan emergent faction when lordaeron is conquered?
    as many knows in the w3 expansion the remainin elves called theirself blood elves and the prince Kael'Tas (leader of the blood elves) joined illidan to help his people

ARRIBA LA CELESTE!!

what about a Blood Elf - Naga leaded by Illidan emergent faction when lordaeron is conquered?
    as many knows in the w3 expansion the remainin elves called theirself blood elves and the prince Kael'Tas (leader of the blood elves) joined illidan to help his people
    Hmm, too many things would need to happen; the high elves would need to become the blood elves through loss of the sunwell and Illidan would have to be freed from his prison by Tyrande, what if Keal'Thas died?.... there's just to many variables for that to work practicaly.

mm good point ¬¬
    question: will you add flying units like the dragons of scourge whos names i don't remember? because i've already seen flying units (lotrtw's nazguls) but only in rome

ARRIBA LA CELESTE!!

mm good point ¬¬
    question: will you add flying units like the dragons of scourge whos names i don't remember? because i've already seen flying units (lotrtw's nazguls) but only in rome
    I think they're called Frostwyrms. Flying units would be an interesting addition but it would depend on having the resources to implement them and if we could incorperate them into the game without balance issues. But if we decide to implement flying units they would come in a much later release of WTW.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHappyCrusader View Post
    1 turn could equal half a week. Since we're going from year 22 to year 25 that would give us around 300 turns.
    It doesn't matter in any TW game we begin from a historical time(or not)but the actions change the future so the events in WoW can be different.

lol itll take so long to get to winter in our mod

Actualy I think it would be better to go with a 4 turns per year set up. I mean, it dosen't make much sense to be able to recruit/train a unit of knights in half a week!