Thread: Are you a student or graduate?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Are you a student or graduate?

I think TWC has quite a few students, so thought I'd post this here.

My friend is finishing a report. She graduated some time ago and has letters after her name in the field of English and something else I believe...she has some role in the library of some Canadian university right now and she helps students with papers (midterms, final exams, etc.) as well as library research, editing and general tutoring.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help her finish her report (which, in turn, will help students) by posting here any questions or comments in reference to how you think you could have been helped more in these areas:

Writing papers/midterms/exams
    Library research

What did you hate? What did you like? What was the worst thing to overcome? How could your teacher or library have helped you more? What online resources (if any) did you use? If you could go back again what would you change?

Discuss.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Libbi Bibbi's Avatar Miles
    Rainbowland....where none of you $%^*$# can find me....^-^

Default Re: Are you a student or graduate?

Unfortunately...sophomore next year....lol

My first thought was, is that a chain mail vest? I've been viewing unit concept images in the modding forums for too long...

anyway - back on topic...

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I am in university, yet i cannot see how i could possibly help you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    My first thought was, is that a chain mail vest? I've been viewing unit concept images in the modding forums for too long...

anyway - back on topic...
    Definetly a chainmail vest!

But yes, back on topic....

I am a graduate, have attended both undergraduate and graduate classes.

Undergrad was nursing: my problem often was that everyone all wanted the same book at the same time! There would often be few books that referenced the subject, and as such, left me in a quandry as to how to finish the papers and projects at hand...

However, I understand that nursing is a rather narrow field of study, so I don't really know how that affect others as much.

Graduate school was Seminary (Master of Arts in Bible Exposition); the library people for the seminary library were both quite helpful and knowledgeable.

As far as tests, what often helped was review sessions with the teacher before the test. My problem was I was either too lazy (undergrad) or too busy (grad) to attend these. Some teachers were quite unclear of what they expected us to know; this made things difficult! Those who let us know what they expected us to learn were the most effective teachers. What was the worst was when they would test over information not covered in lecture notes!

Hope this helps!
    If any will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. -Jesus

Delta228's Avatar Ducenarius

11th grader in high school.

Thx. Flavius - that's exactly the sort of feedback needed!

Anyone else got comments on what would (or can) make writing papers easier - or what made them harder?? Think of it as place to complain

Graduate here. What would have helped me with those things would be drinking less and getting more sleep. More specifically, um, for exams try to get someone who is a year ahead of you, their exams from last year. A lot of times the professors are too lazy to change the tests from year to year. As for library research, don't fall asleep just because the library is the only quiet place there is. I'm not sure that this is what you're looking for.

Thx Old Scratch. Is it possible to get papers from the year before? Has anybody tried online services which give you research on a subject in the form of past students' papers? (not to copy I might add!)

Hippolord's Avatar Campidoctor

Sophmore in College! Woo hoo!

I attend the University of Phoenix, but I live in Cleveland, and have an apartment there to (Dont' ask why).

I wanna lie, lie to myself, myself and someone else. Cause it’s the lying that hurts, and it’s the hurt that lets me know I’m alive.”

Gonna be freshman.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Thx Old Scratch. Is it possible to get papers from the year before? Has anybody tried online services which give you research on a subject in the form of past students' papers? (not to copy I might add!)
    I would just get them from students from the year ahead of me and I'd save my tests for the students from the year before me for when they get here. It was kind of a system.

Graduated from... well I dont know how you call it in America but I sat 5 years on that school and its over. Hozzaa!!

"Just searching for a world with some soul..."

The Edain's Avatar Vicarius

High school graduate!! Woop Starting 6th form college in september sadly i dont quilify for EMA bastards.
    |Windows 7 user||College Student|
    |Anime Fan||Xbox 360 Owner|Photoshop user|