Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: A "thing to do list" prior to 1.0 version

Juhuuuuu! Thanx.
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

This is what needs to be done also - it's not 100% necessary to be done since it's not so noticeable but it would be nice to have it fixed:

Greek psiloi toxotai, psiloi akontistai , psiloi sphendonetai and the lakedaimonian/spartan ekdromoi are mapped wrong. I.e. they do have a texture for an asymetric look needed because of the fact that they`re using the exomis tunic, but unfortunately the model is mapped with only the front part on both sides. Resulting on pectorals on its back. Someone would need to remap the model to use the whole tunic and body from the texture, not just the front part.

So can anyone fix it? I don't have the software necessary for such a task.

P.S. Pode, how are win conditions going? Any success?

vicotry conditions don't require scripting .. just go to .../world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign , and there'll be a file called 'descr_win_conditions' there you can easily change the win conditions

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post
    vicotry conditions don't require scripting .. just go to .../world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign , and there'll be a file called 'descr_win_conditions' there you can easily change the win conditions
    I know but I'll do this myself only if Pode doesn't deliver. Another thing is I would like to have a non-vanilla map to show win conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    I know but I'll do this myself only if Pode doesn't deliver. Another thing is I would like to have a non-vanilla map to show win conditions.
    Yeah, sorry I've been off the grid for a bit. Work, family, and girlfriend all found out I signed up to do some modding and duly punished me for such presumption Was hoping for some input from historian types re who took what when, but will post up a draft this week (knocks on wood) just based on the frontiers I would try for as a player (defensible and mostly my culture) so every faction moves to secure a homeland first before heading off to try and take Rome / the map.

No clue how to do the win condition map, alas.

No clue how to do the win condition map, alas.
    Not such a big problem - I need one to do it though since vanilla map is..., well vanilla Current win conditions aren't that bad but I hope they will be made better.

Current win conditions aren't that bad but I hope they will be made better.
    Actually, the more I learn about the limitations of the win conditions file, the better the existing set looks. I've bumped up the number of cities required (40 is just over 25% of the map's 157) to 94 (60% of the map), and I'm experimenting with using the short_campaign option from RTW to break the list of cities to hold into first and second priority. Not sure that'll work, but I hope to use that to encourage the AI not to give up their homelands if they hold other target cities. Since there's no option for a short campaign using BI, it shouldn't create a problem of the AI winning too early, but my hope is that the engine will still regard those goals as the first things to achieve and go after other goals later. So I intend to put the homelands into both a short campaign hold regions goal set and the standard goal set, plus additional non-starting regions to hold as part of the main goals, in hopes that the AI will hold its homelands as first priority and expand as a secondary goal.

Edit: Found the bug that had me tearing my hair out. Hold regions must come before take regions. So even if I do nothing else, here's a copy of the vanilla PI win conditions that will actually display and work. Once I got this working, my short_campaign idea at least is being read in the same manner. Hopefully that means it'll govern the AI also, but it at least won't hurt.
    Last edited by Pode; July 12, 2009 at 03:07 PM.

Thank you Pode! I've been away so sorry for not posting immediately. Will include it in 1.0. +REP given for atleast trying
    Last edited by Hister; July 15, 2009 at 08:19 AM.

Still hoping to get an improved version to you soon, just tough to get modding time lately. Can't really complain to you about that though can I?
    The short campaign goals are at least read by the engine, so I have hope I can use that to make the AI hold or retake starting provinces before trying to take others. The big time sink is picking a relatively short list of others to take for each faction (he who defends everything defends nothing) that still results in coherent lands and aggression against the right people.

Okey Pode, I to hope to see you manage to do it.

Okey Pode, I to hope to see you manage to do it.
    After tonight, 25% done with a version that should set up three levels of priority for the AI:

1) Hold or retake starting regions (except the central coastal colony for Syracuse)
    2) take and hold all other towns within 1 turn's march for infantry units from a starting town, plus a few special cases where it makes strategic sense
    3) take as many other towns as needed to reach 94

If my code is ignored, I've set it up so that priorities 1 & 2 should combine.

Hope to finish this off by Monday. That line up with other contributors?

I found the place to insert new win condition maps, so I can replace the vanilla BI ones with the less inappropriate PI campaign start maps, but don't have a good TGA editing tool to make new ones. That'll be for next weekend
    Last edited by Pode; July 15, 2009 at 07:57 PM.

Wow, that sounds very promising! Monday is good. I still have a lot of work to do prior to 1.0. Am looking forward to your goodies!

Realized this AM that I could make win condition maps from screenshots if I can save as a .tga, so I'll try to include a new set of ingame maps for the priority 1 & 2 cities as part of next weekend's stuff.

5 years into a test campaign, the AIs are going after their win conditions seemingly as I'd hoped, trading starting towns back and forth in some cases and snatching up important rebels in others. I think it works, I know it displays right. And the sample ingame map TGA works as well. So here's the descr_win_conditions file. As I get some help and some time with creating the screengrabs, I'll make up a zip of the ingame maps to go along with them.

Yuhuuuu, great Pode! Thank you. Looks very promising.

Guys, my free time is very limited so I need all your help you can give me if we are to release 1.0 version of PI I! For this reason I'll shortly upload current 0.95 version with a changelog and a list to do things. Some things in a list to do can apparently be made only by me, others can also be made by you. Benz282 already offered his help but we probably need one or two more guys with the will to work to get 1.0 out quick. I'll provide the link for the latest version to all interested shortly. This version is a work in progress so it is by no means meant to be downloaded by people who would like to play it! Only contact me for a download link if you intend to work on it! If I'll get helpers you'll be able to play 1.0 soon enough.

Hister out....piiiiiiiip

I've got the mod uploaded - anyone interested?

A to do list for RTW BI PI I 0.95 so that it reaches 1.0 version that is gonna be ripe for public release:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Win conditions maps. - Done by merlinuscdxx.

- Buildings that need to be added or renamed:
    - Add Hippodrome (Greeks) and Circus (Romani) building. Only Romans can upgrade to Circus Maximus in Rome (use hidden resource).
    - Rename Greek market to Agora and Roman one to Forum. Add description for Forum Romanum (only in Rome).
    - Greco-Etruscan health building called Palaestra.
    - Etrusco-Roman health building called Cloaca.
    - Greek health building called Asklepeia (hospital) and Great Asklepeia only in Croton as an upgrade.
    - Academic building tiers need to be renamed to something more appropriate.
    - Etruscan and Hellenic Painters' Workshop (from the start), Roman and Oscan Painters' Workshop (fires during the game if possible – otherwise from the beginning).
    - 1st tier Hellenic Bronze Sculptor's Workshop; Roman and Etruscan Terracota Sculptor's Workshop. 2nd tier Hellenic Marble Sculptor's Workshop; Roman and Etruscan Bronze Sculptor's Workshop.
    - Greek theatre called Theatron. Also add description for Etruscan theatre. Next tier for Greeks is Odeon (description is missing) and final Conservatorium.
    - Athletic buildings: 1st tier Greek/ Etruscan Stadion; Roman Campus. 2nd tier Greek/ Etruscan Gymnasion; Roman Campus Martius (only in Rome). Gives “recruits_exp_bonusŤ (upgrades XP of units recruited there by 1 each). Give also this bonus to hardy mountaneous tribes like Samnites in their barracks due to their natural phisical provess.
    - professional_military and professional_navy descriptions from PI II shall be put in the academies. Highest tier barracks for this reason need to have also academy as a requirement.

- Add remaining building descriptions from PI II and adjust them.

- Add finalized unit descriptions.

- Give Veneti, Liguri and Umbri their own distinctive barracks description.

- Add Fanum Vultamnae building in EDB, add _constructed pic for it, make it as already existent on map from the beginning.

- Give Poeni, Italioate and Syracusae 3 tiers of mercenary camps that need higher tier barracks as a prerequisite – the goal is to simulate training of those mercenaries via the barracks as is stated in the barracks descriptions.

- In EDB file equestrian buildings (used for regional subjugation) need to be given to factions so that when for example Romans conquer a province where regional subjugation building was already built by Samnites Romans are not able to recruit any units from that building since it’s not them who established subjugation in the first place.

Example of how to change EDB to meet above requirements of culture related recruitment for Romans:

building roman_equestrian
    {
    levels roman_stables roman_cavalry_barracks roman_hippodrome roman_circus_maximus
    {
    roman_stables requires factions { roman, }
    {
    capability
    {

; AoR CAMPANIA
    recruit "Hoplites Campani" 1 requires factions { roman, slave, } and hidden_resource Campani
    ... etc.
    ; AoR GALLI
    recruit "Spatharii Senones" 0 requires factions { roman, slave, } and hidden_resource Senones
    ..etc.

1. This means, you need to distribute/multiply all these building strings per faction in edb.
    2. Then have all these building entries as well in the text folder export_buildings.txt, rename them as above per culture.
    3. The same must be done in the building ui folder per culture folder, if those have not these culture names anyway.

That should work. If there is an issue due to the use of vanilla buildings (their names are all from vanilla), then you can also still rename these buildings completely - you could copy and paste the existing building entries in the text folder export_buildings.txt, because if the vanilla building entries remain, makes no trouble (if they have no connection to the edb file anymore), the game will always relate to the edb building entries - means it must always correspond: names in edb, in export_buildings.txt and the names building ui folder tga's.

4. Higher tier barracks have a prerequisite for equestrian buildings – when fiddling with them make sure that I also change (maybe delete?) prerequisitories otherwise I’ll get a bug (CTD).

- Add proper building pics from Mylae and PI II (in progress).

- Fix _constructed pic for all unique buildings to show up properly (currently show up as blank white. No hint why this happens as of now.

- Fix UI pics of some temples that show up as vanilla. Being done by Benz282

- Port over from PI II Oscan, Hellenic, Roman and Celtic settlement models if possible – am not sure since those models don't have all the levels required in PI I but I suppose we can use the PI II highest tier settlement model for the remaining levels in PI I. In PI II Oscan culture has only 3 tiers of settlements for example – I suppose we can use the same model for the PI I's remaining two tiers but just name them differently so that no CTD appears.
    To do this task copy residences folder from PI II and adjust descr_cultures.txt to fit.

-Add new Ligurian diplomat from PI II (property of Invasio Barbarorum 2 team)

-Add new Gallic diplomat from PI II (property of Arthurian Total War)

- Add the remaining 3D models (unique buildings) on the map when they are finalized in PI II.

- Make different tier settlement and building levels on the map.

- Add gloss files for units that florin80 made. Currently in custom files.
    Add them in Rome - Total War\PI\data\PI\models_unit\textures
    Basically in the same folder where the textures are located.

-Use remaining faction descriptions from M2TW PI when done.

- Give Sabini a heir in any of the central towns to avoid the faction being eliminated when they loose their capital. Check other factions for this issue and do the same. Done by Benz282.

- Balance the campaign map so that no faction has too much money from the start - Veneti are one such example.

-With the new EDU version from Romeu all factions need to be checked if they are not in red dinarii numbers from the start due to higher upkeep.

- Make barracks for every faction so that when you conquer a neighburing province that has barracks built you can't get anything from them. (Optional since it is a lot of work!)

- Delete some unused cas files:
    In models_unit there are cas files for units that don't seem to exist - like the Hastati/Principes/Triarii Hernici and many others.

- Fix the EDU by giving this line to units that don't have secondary weapon. (Probably not necessary since current setup is probably not causing any problems.)
    stat_sec no, no, no, 0, 0, none, none, none, none, no ,no

- Greek psiloi toxotai, psiloi akontistai , psiloi sphendonetai and the lakedaimonian/spartan ekdromoi are mapped wrong. I.e. they do have a texture for an asymetric look needed because of the fact that they`re using the exomis tunic, but unfortunately the model is mapped with only the front part on both sides. Resulting on pectorals on its back. Someone would need to remap the model to use the whole tunic and body from the texture, not just the front part.
    This is a picture taken from the back:
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/STUDEN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]

- Syracusyan hippies have a problem with the arm when wielding a spear.

- All factions are missing pentecontere and liburna large unit cards. I need a 2D artis to draw them for me.

- Make installer for mod as a final step.
    Last edited by Hister; July 22, 2009 at 08:38 AM.

ACS's Avatar Libertus

where is the link you have uploaded?
    i m completely out about skins and graphical settings, but i know a bit well the text codes..
    If i can do something...
    thank you hister for your work, after 1.0 relese i ll tell at my EB network friends to install PI.
    But multiplayer should work, only thing for give long life to this mod.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast