Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

HusserlTW, after you create the hybrid startpos (following your instructions), you have to delete the second set of \CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION\CAMPAIGN_BONUS_VALUES (the whole thing), then copy the identical bit from the original startpos.esf and paste over to your new file. This has to be done for every single faction.

Otherwise, you'll get strange bonuses and such from anything you've given the AI in your campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects table, which is suddenly applied to the player when he loads up a new game.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

Quote Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
    HusserlTW, after you create the hybrid startpos (following your instructions), you have to delete the second set of \CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION_ARRAY\FACTION\CAMPAIGN_BONUS_VALUES (the whole thing), then copy the identical bit from the original startpos.esf and paste over to your new file. This has to be done for every single faction.

Otherwise, you'll get strange bonuses and such from anything you've given the AI in your campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects table, which is suddenly applied to the player when he loads up a new game.
    This is not quite right. When you start playing the AI cuts down the C_B_V for the player and gives only the usual. You can check it by choosing to start the game as a faction that has an endless list in C_B_V. Play a turn and then check the auto save game and the new C_B_V.

NOOB QUESTION:

Is posible with the hibrid starpost method start a online campaign like in medieval II?

Quote Originally Posted by (HG)Super View Post
    NOOB QUESTION:

Is posible with the hibrid starpost method start a online campaign like in medieval II?
    Only.. manually! Make your moves make hybrid, send it to your mate, make his moves, play a turn, make startpos, and so on.

Yes, you're correct, HusserlTW (and isn't that nice that I didn't hit end-turn prior to flipping out?).

However, this still might be an issue for those mods like mine that give the AI significant discounts, as on the first turn the player could recruit units at essentially 1/2-price.

So my post wasn't completely worthless.
    Last edited by The Vicar; October 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Only.. manually! Make your moves make hybrid, send it to your mate, make his moves, play a turn, make startpos, and so on.

Good its a amazing new

Yes, you're correct, HusserlTW (and isn't that nice that I didn't hit end-turn prior to flipping out?).

However, this still might be an issue for those mods like mine that give the AI significant discounts, as on the first turn the player could recruit units at essentially 1/2-price.

This is interesting.

In this week i will start to investigate the online campaign method with a few betatesters

It would be good to report which AI bonuses usually finally are left after the first turn that shouldn't be using a normal startpos. Are there others than recruitment discounts?

In this week i will start to investigate the online campaign method with a few betatesters
    I am waiting for the results with grate interest. Remember that only the last player should play the next turn, or better the first player after the startpos make a full round and and comes back to him again. The others should make only the moves and make hybrid.

Is there any way to change the towns/etc so they're more wealthy? I want to change some of the towns in the Americas so they're wealthy like the towns in England instead of them all being very poor/poor.

Quote Originally Posted by GroupofSpearmen View Post
    Is there any way to change the towns/etc so they're more wealthy? I want to change some of the towns in the Americas so they're wealthy like the towns in England instead of them all being very poor/poor.
    You can do it in two ways: a)increase population b)increase the income. Population is in [...]CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGION_MANAGER/REGION_ARRAYS/REGION/POPULATION and income in [...]CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGION_MANAGER/REGION_ARRAYS/REGION in lines 6,7,8. Open by side by side the region you want to mod and an english one and make the appropriate changes.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You can do it in two ways: a)increase population b)increase the income. Population is in [...]CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGION_MANAGER/REGION_ARRAYS/REGION/POPULATION and income in [...]CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGION_MANAGER/REGION_ARRAYS/REGION in lines 6,7,8. Open by side by side the region you want to mod and an english one and make the appropriate changes.
    Alright, thanks!

I'm having some weird things happening: I give Hannover to Prussia using your tutorial and after I start and play I look back in startpos.esf at the region and instead of the values of Prussia in the faction ID and Government ID of the region there are other numbers, and if those are changed (back to Prussia's values) I get a CTD. What is ETW doing to my startpos?

EDIT: Since I used the hybrid startpos technique I'm really getting the savegame values for Prussia.
    Last edited by A1_Unit; October 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM.

save games have different IDs than the startpos.

This actually makes it incredibly difficult to mod the game..

And why it really sucks when they update the startpos in any patch because all the values change.

BTW, if anyone cares, region_manager value 31 is the amount of prestige you obtain from conquering the region

also Boolean at 15 is whether the region is exempt from taxes or not.
    Last edited by Cursisanafou; October 21, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

Hi friend i have investigate and the online campiagn is posible with 2 players,but with more the IA take the control the one of factions and move their troops o agents.

With two players you must merge the model like the Hbrid method, chance the "faction/save_game_ header" from faction (A) to (B) and press the turn with A

HusserTW can you help with this problem?

I am sure that the online campain is posible

Hi friend i have investigate and the online campiagn is posible with 2 players,but with more the IA take the control the one of factions and move their troops o agents.

With two players you must merge the model like the Hbrid method, chance the "faction/save_game_ header" from faction (A) to (B) and press the turn with A

HusserTW can you help with this problem?

I am sure that the online campain is posible
    It was very good to be true ... Indeed the AI can cancel and make different moves of these which player has saved except for the one that hits end turn button. I should have think of that in first place . Tough problem and I am not optimistic about solution...

Except if there is a way to disable AI control on specific factions..., I'll check it... If you want to to search it start from CAMPAIGN_PLAYERS_ARRAY that is under FACTION/. I know first boolean (2nd line) is True only for player's faction (check a saved game). Try to see if you can enter True here for 3 player's factions and check AI behavior. The second one is for all playable and I don't think it can help us. The third one is still unknown to me. I'll search in other places of startpos...

Quote Originally Posted by Cursisanafou View Post
    BTW, if anyone cares, region_manager value 31 is the amount of prestige you obtain from conquering the region

also Boolean at 15 is whether the region is exempt from taxes or not.
    I do care and thanks, good finding !

Hi
    when i play for wurttemeberg I can not have revolution because when people are dissatisfied, game change tax to off and begins to build buildings. in menu when i started game i turned autonomy building and tax off. Where is problem?