Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

Very nice indeed!

Might make for some interesting "Land Grab" regions in the middle of it all!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Congratulations, you've became a startpos expert. + rep !
    Haha thanks still got lot to learn tho, but thats life for you, you never stop learning

Quote Originally Posted by Erik3E View Post
    Haha thanks still got lot to learn tho, but thats life for you, you never stop learning
    About the red flag you can fix this by entering in startpos (REBELS_FACTION/FACTION_FLAG_COLOURS) the entries from your save you used as a guide. I think you can find it also in db/factions table, in the raw of the faction that the revolt happened.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    About the red flag you can fix this by entering in startpos (REBELS_FACTION/FACTION_FLAG_COLOURS) the entries from your save you used as a guide. I think you can find it also in db/factions table, in the raw of the faction that the revolt happened.
    Cool thanks I will try that out altho I realy liked the red flag I think its alot more nice than the regular rebbel flag feels more like its a Nation instead of just a rebbel region

Ok I have ben trying to figure out how to remove an army but I havent goten any were every time I try to start the gaem I gett a CTD, I have ben looking at alot of the different turials on how to make an army change region but I still cant figure out how to remove them, I might have missed some links or any thing but as far ass I can see there is nothing I have missed.

So if you might now any thing about this or got a somewhat idea of it I wold be grateful

Quote Originally Posted by Erik3E View Post
    Ok I have ben trying to figure out how to remove an army but I havent goten any were every time I try to start the gaem I gett a CTD, I have ben looking at alot of the different turials on how to make an army change region but I still cant figure out how to remove them, I might have missed some links or any thing but as far ass I can see there is nothing I have missed.

So if you might now any thing about this or got a somewhat idea of it I wold be grateful
    You have to be be very careful and find out how many characters are in that army, because sometimes are more than one (especially colonels). You can find it by checking LOCOMOTABLE of every character and choose those with the same one. You change the place of characters in WORLD/FACTION/CHARACTERS ut for the armies you have to go in CAI_WORLD/RECOURSE_MOBILES. In my tutorial about changing ownership of characters and armies you can find useful infos.

EDIT: Also you have to know that in cities and ports the RECRUITMENT MANAGER they have, sometimes are appeared as colonels in characters.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 25, 2009 at 01:10 PM.

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

FOW bugs noticed from IS betatesting. We have started to look for more of these. Will report if more is found. If you have fixed these already no problem.

Denmark:

A Danish fleet covered in the fog of war at the start of the game, so you can't select them and will have to send a ship there to lift the fog of war

Mughal Empire:

Neroon Kot, Sindh, is in FoW greyed out.

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    FOW bugs noticed from IS betatesting. We have started to look for more of these. Will report if more is found. If you have fixed these already no problem.

Denmark:

A Danish fleet covered in the fog of war at the start of the game, so you can't select them and will have to send a ship there to lift the fog of war

Mughal Empire:

Neroon Kot, Sindh, is in FoW greyed out.
    O.k. gather all together and I will fix it. Please write the names of the regions not the capitols.

Hey I was wondering on how you would be able to recruit a full army and navy for the barbary states
    any help?

Quote Originally Posted by ww1soldier View Post
    Hey I was wondering on how you would be able to recruit a full army and navy for the barbary states
    any help?
    It is depending on the kind of units. Keep a back up of your startpos and patch.pack file. Go first in pack file and change the time for recruiting units entering 0 to all of them. If you want advanced units go in startpos in [...]WORLD/REGION_MANAGER find the Barbary regions and upgrade all buildings (where you can recruit armies and fleets) to the highest level. Start the game as barbary_states and recruit the stacks you like. Save the game, exit and make a hybrid startpos. In hybrid startpos reverse the buildings in the previous status. Last thing replace the patch.pack with the original and the main/startpos with the hybrid. Start a new game.

well i want them to be able to recruit units like the one that the ottomans can recruit

well i want them to be able to recruit units like the one that the ottomans can recruit
    In this case you have to edit 5-6 db/tables. Take a look at the tutorial how to make a custom unit.

which tutorial?

which tutorial?
    This one.

ok, im struggling with the grammar and overall meaning of the second paragraph under the "change ownership of armies" section.

"Now get in [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS and find the settlement cai record that the army is stationed in. In CAI_GARRISONABLE 1st entry is the CAI_ARMY ID. Write it down and enter 0. If the army is not inside a settlement you still need to do this in any settlement of the same faction that has an army stationed in. Write down the CAI_ARMY ID and leave it as it is."

the underlined bold part basically reduces to linguistic mush. I still need to write down the CAI_army_ID of any army that isnt stationed at a settlement? what!?! how do i find the settlement ID of an army that isnt stationed at a settlement, let alone find the CAI_Army _ID at a settlement that has no army stationed inside? And do I write down the CAI_ARMY_ID and enter 0? Or do I leave it as it is? again, WTF?

I have had easier times understanding the guy at the drive-thru at Wendies.
    its like trying to solve a puzzle on a flash game, only this isnt flash. its supposedly english.
    its like trying to decypher ancient hieroglyphics into something comprehensible, only this is english, but i just dont understand it.
    is there supposed to be a comma somewhere or something? WTF?

please help! sorry for the scrutiny.

-LEMONAIDS post 101.
    Last edited by LEMONAIDS; October 03, 2009 at 05:12 PM.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by LEMONAIDS View Post
    ok, im struggling with the grammar and overall meaning of the second paragraph under the "change ownership of armies" section.

"Now get in [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS and find the settlement cai record that the army is stationed in. In CAI_GARRISONABLE 1st entry is the CAI_ARMY ID. Write it down and enter 0. If the army is not inside a settlement you still need to do this in any settlement of the same faction that has an army stationed in. Write down the CAI_ARMY ID and leave it as it is."

the underlined bold part basically reduces to linguistic mush. I still need to write down the CAI_army_ID of any army that isnt stationed at a settlement? what!?! how do i find the settlement ID of an army that isnt stationed at a settlement, let alone find the CAI_Army _ID at a settlement that has no army stationed inside? And do I write down the CAI_ARMY_ID and enter 0? Or do I leave it as it is? again, WTF?

I have had easier times understanding the guy at the drive-thru at Wendies.
    its like trying to solve a puzzle on a flash game, only this isnt flash. its supposedly english.
    its like trying to decypher ancient hieroglyphics into something comprehensible, only this is english, but i just dont understand it.
    is there supposed to be a comma somewhere or something? WTF?

please help! sorry for the scrutiny.

-LEMONAIDS post 101.

If the army is not inside a settlement you still need to do this in any settlement of the same faction that has an army stationed in. Write down the CAI_ARMY ID and leave it as it is."

im sorry man. i must be retarded. im still not getting it.

im trying to give all 13 colonies armies to the U.S.. I have already given all the regions to the US but the armies wont change. I have done all the instrctions but it just freezes on 13 colonies and the armies still wont change.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob

Quote Originally Posted by LEMONAIDS View Post
    im sorry man. i must be retarded. im still not getting it.

im trying to give all 13 colonies armies to the U.S.. I have already given all the regions to the US but the armies wont change. I have done all the instrctions but it just freezes on 13 colonies and the armies still wont change.
    Every army has at least one character (general+ one or more colonel, or one or more colonel) and units. First you have to find which characters belong to the specific army. With generals is easy since you can see the names on the info icon. For colonels you have to connect the id's in character and army records that there are in FACTION record of startpos (CHARACTERS, ARMY_ARRAYS). You have to copy them in the new owner FACTION record and then delete it from the old. Then you have to go deep inside the records of characters and armies and change the faction name where you meet one. The same you have to do in CAI_WORLD but there you are going to need the CAI id's which is a little tricky (the lines that were difficult to understand). Here is the same: CAI_CHARACTERS records for characters, CAI_WORLD_RESOURCE_MOBILES for armies. If you manage to do that keep all the id's, you gonna need them. Start the game to see if you managed to change the ownership. If o.k. then proceed to change the location.

However there is a more easy way. Start the game as 13 colonies and disband all armies (if you like). Save, exit, make hybrid startpos (see how in tutorial). Start again (using the hybrid as normal startpos) as US and fill the recruitment slots. Don't forget to give first money to US. Play a turn. Save, exit and make hybrid startpos. Open it and take back all changes: money, date, played turns (you can find all this in my tutorials). Now you have a startpos with armies for US.
    Last edited by husserlTW; October 03, 2009 at 09:53 PM.

oh ok. i didnt know you had to copy and paste stuff.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob

ill try it
    Last edited by LEMONAIDS; October 04, 2009 at 05:37 AM.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob