Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (updated 21/09/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    only very new mods can influence the startpos. So that cannot be it. And since you are saving, and using the right file, I dunno what it is. Is the file maybe read-only? (File Property)
    I checked and the file that im using is not a read only file,
    this is the path the file is in C:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Just open again to see if the changes are o.k. Always save before exiting by clicking File, Save. If you try to close the editor and save after the message that prompts you to save the changes are not saved.
    Yes I do use the save under the file button :/

I think I will try again after the uppdate to 1.4 is done, its uppdating right now so il post if it works or not after that
    Last edited by Erik3E; September 22, 2009 at 01:17 PM.

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (updated 21/09/2009)

Oh I finaly got the save working and I now can see the Barbary states flag but the game crashes when I am trying to choos them as playable :/

I tried the same thing now with Bavaria but got the same crash at the loading screen :/
    And I am folowing the exact 4 stepps that the Make minor factions playable shows... am I missing something mabe?

Tried the same with Cheerioke.
    Last edited by Erik3E; September 22, 2009 at 04:06 PM.

I am searching the 1.4 changes in startpos and post here my founding. Any help is wolcome

1. CAMPAIGN_MODEL table a new line with boolean value (True/False) added
    2. CAMPAIGN_MAP_DATA 3 new lines added. 2 X UTF16, one empty, second global_map, 1 X Boolean True.
    3. CAMPAIGN_SETUP_INGAME_MODIFIABLES 4 Boolean (False) lines added.
    4. WORLD/LOCOMOTION_MANAGER 2 empty subrecords added: Forward Dependencies and Reverse Dependencies
    5. CAI records numbering +1 than 1.3 (+2 than 1.2 patch).
    6. CAI_INTERFACE new record added: CAI_INTERFACE_DIRECTOR_BDI_POOL with sub CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS and CDIR_BDI_POOL (new)
    7. New record under CAMPAIGN_MODEL (the very last) added: CAMPAIGN_DIRECTOR with one 3 level subrecord. Probably is connected with the previous (no. 6) one.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 22, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

I am searching the 1.4 changes in startpos and post here my founding. Any help is wolcome

1. CAMPAIGN_MODEL table a new line with boolean value (True/False) added
    2. CAMPAIGN_MAP_DATA 3 new lines added. 2 X UTF16, one empty, second global_map, 1 X Boolean True.
    3. CAMPAIGN_SETUP_INGAME_MODIFIABLES 4 Boolean (False) lines added.
    4. WORLD/LOCOMOTION_MANAGER 2 empty subrecords added: Forward Dependencies and Reverse Dependencies
    I think I will try to see what hapeneds when I change the Campaighn model new line and see if that will make the faction playable to see if that might be the isue

BTW witch one is new? I have no clue how it looked before
    Last edited by Erik3E; September 22, 2009 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik3E View Post
    Oh I finaly got the save working and I now can see the Barbary states flag but the game crashes when I am trying to choos them as playable :/

I tried the same thing now with Bavaria but got the same crash at the loading screen :/
    And I am folowing the exact 4 stepps that the Make minor factions playable shows... am I missing something mabe?

Tried the same with Cheerioke.
    Hmm weried I just tried to start a new campaign as Sweden and the same thing hapeneds :/ I get a CTD when trying to start a campaighn :/ I will try to change the True/fals value back and see if that works to get the normal factions to work or if it is something with the patch...

Edit: Turns out it works now after changing the values of the added minor nations to False again tho I am not sure I can fix this but I got my ideeas
    Last edited by Erik3E; September 22, 2009 at 07:48 PM.

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

HusserlTW, Is there any chance you will be providing a Startpos.esf with fixed LoS Bug and / or Victory Conditions, like you did in 1.3?

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    HusserlTW, Is there any chance you will be providing a Startpos.esf with fixed LoS Bug and / or Victory Conditions, like you did in 1.3?
    LoS? If you mean the all playable and the camera bug, yes I will.

yes, LoS meant Line of Sight.

Cool! I'll make changes to the faction array already then and just copy your region array for IS, if you don't mind?

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Can someone point me to the discussion about all the flags turning into the French flag?

Anyone else having this trouble? The new changes worked but I must have lost them doing something out of order.

Thanks!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Can someone point me to the discussion about all the flags turning into the French flag?

Anyone else having this trouble? The new changes worked but I must have lost them doing something out of order.

Thanks!
    Ussualy it is something wrong with playable factions changes.

that is my experience as well, but he refers to broken modfoldering
    Last edited by Lazy Knight; September 24, 2009 at 06:27 AM.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

To add links inside a post you have to tag the target using blah, then use link to link to it.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    To add links inside a post you have to tag the target using blah, then use link to link to it.
    Yes I've done it already. Thanks anyway.

Hey I was wondering how I wold go ahead if I whanted to change a region so noone of the 56 factions ingame is the owner so that the region is the gray rebbels instead?
    I can find how you can make a region into another factions region but I can not find how you can make it the rebbelfaction that for example comes up in finland.

I was thinking of doing a campaign where every 56 factions in game starts with one region of its own and the rest is owned by rebbels just to do a different kind of campaign, and I was thinking if there is any guide to how or if you can add a whole new faction(Copying anotherone and just making small changes), as I have heard it shold be so that there is no limit for how many regions you can add so I was thinking it was the same with factions and I know you can add new units so as I figure It shold be posible? But as I am verry new to this I wold like to hear someone who is a bitt more experiensed in this.

Thanks

Hey I was wondering how I wold go ahead if I whanted to change a region so noone of the 56 factions ingame is the owner so that the region is the gray rebbels instead?
    I can find how you can make a region into another factions region but I can not find how you can make it the rebbelfaction that for example comes up in finland.
    I don't think that there is a way other than revolt.

I was thinking of doing a campaign where every 56 factions in game starts with one region of its own and the rest is owned by rebbels just to do a different kind of campaign, and I was thinking if there is any guide to how or if you can add a whole new faction(Copying anotherone and just making small changes), as I have heard it shold be so that there is no limit for how many regions you can add so I was thinking it was the same with factions and I know you can add new units so as I figure It shold be posible? But as I am verry new to this I wold like to hear someone who is a bitt more experiensed in this.

Thanks
    It is difficult and and is going to take you many hours (or days) to do it.

I don't think that there is a way other than revolt.
    ok whell thanks, anyways If I come up with anything Il share here.

It is difficult and and is going to take you many hours (or days) to do it.
    Yes I relize that but it is still just a thaugt and I have to learn a bitt more before doing it, luckyly I am unemployed so I got all the time in the world

Also I have ben looking for a guide on how to make a protectorate separate from its ruler but I cant find any thing :/ I have ben looking thrue the 3 links that are shown in your thread but still havent found nothing sins they only show all diplomaty but nothing about protectorates...
    so If you have any info on this it wold be apriciated, untill then I will have to figure it out on my own
    Last edited by Erik3E; September 24, 2009 at 05:47 PM.

ok whell thanks, anyways If I come up with anything Il share here.
    Yes I relize that but it is still just a thaugt and I have to learn a bitt more before doing it, luckyly I am unemployed so I got all the time in the world
    Try this: Play as any faction and make a revolt happened (full raise taxes, disband all units). After revolt make a save. Exit, open save and check REBEL_FACTION (just after WORLD/FACTION_ARRAYS) and the REGION_ARRAYS of the revolted regions to see what changes have been made. In this way try to figure out how to make one region revolted in a startpos.

Try this: Play as any faction and make a revolt happened (full raise taxes, disband all units). After revolt make a save. Exit, open save and check REBEL_FACTION (just after WORLD/FACTION_ARRAYS) and the REGION_ARRAYS of the revolted regions to see what changes have been made. In this way try to figure out how to make one region revolted in a startpos.
    Great I will try it rightn now

I figured it out yay

Ok to make the region show "blue" instead of green as it dose when you shoos every other faction just go to Step 1 and make the field that shows what faction owns the region blank: main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\REGION_OWNERSHIPS_BY_THEATRE\REGION_OWNERSHIPS_BY_THEATRE\REGION_OWNERSHIPS\REGION_OWNERSHIPS

Step 2, change the last field of the faction you have choosen to take the region from and change it to the right owned regions as for me I made a rebel region of one of Swedens regions and thus decresing the number of regions from 4 to 3: main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\FACTION_INFOS\FACTION_INFOS

step 3, go into the rebel faction and extract the faction ID to make it more easier I usualy mark the id number and then press ctrl + c And then the id is copied: main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\REBEL_FACTION\FACTION

step 4, go into the regions manager and find the region you have choosen and copy the id into the 16th line where it says "Controlling Faction ID": main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\REGION_MANAGER\REGIONS_ARRAY\REGIONS_ARRAY\REGION

step 5 Save the changes and start the game!

the flag of the region is red for some reson but I haveent had any problems with it so far, the region starts with no rebel forces sins you havent added any yet, it is possible to retake the region as usual
    enjoy

I figured it out yay

Ok to make the region show "blue" instead of green as it dose when you shoos every other faction just go to Step 1 and make the field that shows what faction owns the region blank: main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\REGION_OWNERSHIPS_BY_THEATRE\REGION_OWNERSHIPS_BY_THEATRE\REGION_OWNERSHIPS\REGION_OWNERSHIPS

Step 2, change the last field of the faction you have choosen to take the region from and change it to the right owned regions as for me I made a rebel region of one of Swedens regions and thus decresing the number of regions from 4 to 3: main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO\FACTION_INFOS\FACTION_INFOS

step 3, go into the rebel faction and extract the faction ID to make it more easier I usualy mark the id number and then press ctrl + c And then the id is copied: main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\REBEL_FACTION\FACTION

step 4, go into the regions manager and find the region you have choosen and copy the id into the 16th line where it says "Controlling Faction ID": main\startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\REGION_MANAGER\REGIONS_ARRAY\REGIONS_ARRAY\REGION

step 5 Save the changes and start the game!

the flag of the region is red for some reson but I haveent had any problems with it so far, the region starts with no rebel forces sins you havent added any yet, it is possible to retake the region as usual
    enjoy
    Congratulations, you've became a startpos expert. + rep !