Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Quote Originally Posted by Oppresso Liber View Post
    So the million dollar question is: How do I edit my king's diplomacy traits? Any help would be most welcome.
    Make him more.. productive. For example if you increase his management attribute to value 2:

... then he will have +0 diplomacy and prestige penalty:

You are a god. Thank you very much.

Hey Husser.

I've been looking, and I can't find, in the Character Array, my king. Where is it? All I find is Ministers, Rakes, Admirals, Captains or Generals, but no King whatsoever. Where is he in the startpos file?

He is one of the ministers, the first one I think, but check the names to be sure.

Hehe how dumb I am... Sorry, but I'm new at this. I found it already, thanks a lot.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Hi Husserl!

can it be that when you change the date in ETW ministers and such die because they haven't been born yet ?
    and it causes a slow turn ?

thanks.

You have to change all dates, (characters, units, family, etc.). You can do that with one click using EasyEsf.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Thanks

this may sound a bit rhetorical but i was wondering if there was a way to edit the starting populations of settlements using the esf editor?

Some of the emergents in the Americas can only recruit their colonial units in their home region. I was wondering whether that is controlled by startpos since I want to change the factions so that they can recruit their entire roster in their home region.

You have to make a mod pack for that, it is not a startpos matter.

Whether somebody can help me with the decision of one problem. How to remove the general (on start campaign) without hybridstartpos.esf (It doesn't help - Bada-Boom after 6th courses)?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What sections in startpos I must delete?
    Last edited by Yaropolk; January 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

You cannot.

Here's my question. What is it that needs to be changed to allow you to join a rebellion? For instance, I'm playing as Lousiana, I want to make them a republic but whenever I force the rebellion the game just spawns an army from another native tribe. At first I thought it was because they were a minor nation still, so I made them major. Then I thought it was because they were a protectorate, so I removed that and made them allied with France. Now I'm at a complete loss. Anyone know? I know it's startpos related because I've played other mods where I could have rebellions with them and the only thing those other mods did was change the startpos.

I have not tried this since it is easy to change government type but try this: go in REGION lower_louisiana and change emrging nation from amerind_rebels to louisiana:

Yup, that does it.

u better learn how to make proper tutorials. a lot of gibberish.
    I have been looking for the region ID of Trincomale/Ceylon but still I couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphes View Post
    u better learn how to make proper tutorials. a lot of gibberish.
    I have been looking for the region ID of Trincomale/Ceylon but still I couldn't find it.
    If you do not like my tutorials stop... paying me! And try to be more polite especially when you ask something..

I might be doing something wrong, but I'm trying to make Safavids playable, their an emergant. I followed the steps listed but don't have the option to select them on the faction select screen so that I can buy a region from Persia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
    I might be doing something wrong, but I'm trying to make Safavids playable, their an emergant. I followed the steps listed but don't have the option to select them on the faction select screen so that I can buy a region from Persia.
    Then you've missed step one:

[..] CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/PLAYERS_ARRAY/PLAYERS_ARRAY (non playable faction)/ middle False change to True
    [..] CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/FACTION_INFOS/ FACTION_INFOS/ 3rd and 4th False change to True