Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    Hey again HusserlTW.

I am currently trying to allow Saxony to be fully playable. The problem is its protectorate status with Poland. I tried allying them instead (by manipulating the diplomacy manager and by breaking the protectorate status in-game and using the hybrid technique). But whatever I do, Saxony does not get the ability to declare war on anyone.
    In your tutorial you speak of copying/pasting the entries from a nearby node. Why is that necessary? Which entries exactly have you copied to get it to work? Are you sure you got it to work even?
    The solution is simple. Just in FACTION set to 0 the value which is under the faction abilities (21st line) where the patron Id should be. If you do just that the protectorate has full diplomatic abilities even if you don't change in diplomacy manager its protectorate status. In this case is up to the player to declare war to patron faction to gain independence.

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

hooray, thank you.

you may want to add it to the first post's tutorial

Össur's Avatar Foederatus

Cool! Thanks a lot for the help. Much appreciated!

Ireland here I come! Thanks a bunch.

I tried version 1.4.3 and 1.4.5 but they both came up with an error message and they didn't display the writing on the right hand side. I did Portugal using the first version of ESF but when I booted Empire: Total War up, it came up saying "Empire: Total War is not working."

Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wider Destroyer View Post
    I tried version 1.4.3 and 1.4.5 but they both came up with an error message and they didn't display the writing on the right hand side. I did Portugal using the first version of ESF but when I booted Empire: Total War up, it came up saying "Empire: Total War is not working."

Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks.
    Do you have Vista? Perhaps you should start it as administrator..

Yeah I have Vista I'll try that. I'll get back to you.

I tried that. I got to the main menu but when I click Grand Campaign it comes up "Empire: Total War is not working".

I replaced the backup file of startpos. and it let me into the Grand Campaign Menu. There must be something wrong with the edited file but I don't know what. Is anyone elses crashing or is it just me?

I replaced the backup file of startpos. and it let me into the Grand Campaign Menu. There must be something wrong with the edited file but I don't know what. Is anyone elses crashing or is it just me?
    What did you edited and how? Didi you solve the problem with EsfEditor?

I used the first ESF editor because the 1.4.3 and 1.4.5 versions wouldn't display anything and I edited Portugal by following everything in the "Minor Fraction made Playable" section on this forum. Do I have to follow everything before Level one?

I used the first ESF editor because the 1.4.3 and 1.4.5 versions wouldn't display anything and I edited Portugal by following everything in the "Minor Fraction made Playable" section on this forum. Do I have to follow everything before Level one?
    No, just enter True where the tutorial says to.

Logik's Avatar Campidoctor

Just wanted to thank the creator of this wonderful tool it has made playing Empires a much more enjoyable experience. You have my gratitude.

How come everyone is having no problems but I am?

All I did was edit Portugal following the "Minor Fraction Playable" section in Level 1. Nothing before that. When I start ETW up I click on Grand Campaign and it comes up saying "Empire: Total War is not working". How did you guys get it working?

All I did was edit Portugal following the "Minor Fraction Playable" section in Level 1. Nothing before that. When I start ETW up I click on Grand Campaign and it comes up saying "Empire: Total War is not working". How did you guys get it working?
    Try this mod here and report back.

It worked! Thanks! I can fanilly play as The Thirteen Colonies and Portugal!

Hi!
    I´m new to TWC. I have a question about modding a minor faction to be playable. I have "The imperium globale" installed and want to be able to play "Palantines of the rihne" (former Westphalia). I have followed your instructions and the flag of the Palantines is showed when I am going to chose the nation to play with, but when I have chosed "The palatines of the rhines" and the game are loading and the map picture of Europe are showed, then I can´t click on the city in the Palantine region. I can´t click on any of the Palantines buildings etc. The bulidings are "upgradeable" but I can´t click on them. The tone of the picture of Europe is "Greytoned". The nation is showed under the major nations under diplomacy but are not playable. Please help me!

I used the startpos mod. Thanks!

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

[/QUOTE]Clearly, when your king dies, and when heirs are born, is somewhat randomly generated.
    BUT, as I indicated, I'm always playing Austrian faction. I've played dozens and dozens of different campaigns as Austria and ---
    again and AGAIN --after 40 years -- your start king is succeeded by one of ONLY two characters,
    and he is, in turn, after ruling a great number of years, succeeded by a THIRD one of ONLY two possible characters.
    Again and again.

So, it appears heir generation is not entirely random ????[QUOTE]

so modify these two possible hairs to be heir you want, do the same with their heir/s
    this way i supose you can have choice who will rule your entire casmpaign