Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Magnificent One's Avatar Miles

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

Very good tutorial.

But i've got one question.Do you know how to change a faction name,and adjectives(for example,turning Britain into England in a mod with Scotland) like expanded.txt in MTW2 and RTW?

And more.Do you know how to swap flags (like giving England the flag in the 1st road to war campaign,the english one) for the GC.

Oh,and did i mention this tutorial's great?

You know you want some....

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

thanks for tutorial but could you tell me for a good and tutorial how to make new units playable in campaign? as i made croatia playable so now i want some historic croatian units

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent One View Post
    Very good tutorial.

But i've got one question.Do you know how to change a faction name,and adjectives(for example,turning Britain into England in a mod with Scotland) like expanded.txt in MTW2 and RTW?
    You can see a how to in the How to add a new faction tutorial, near the end.

And more.Do you know how to swap flags (like giving England the flag in the 1st road to war campaign,the english one) for the GC.
    Make o working folder and call it as you like e.g. my_mod on desktop. Open data/ui with PFM find the flag you like and extract it in mymod. Close PFM and copy in my_mod your mod pack. If you don't have already one just make (see in How to add a new faction). Having you mod.pack in my_mod folder where should be also the extracted ui/flags/(faction) open your mod.pack and add directory, pointing ui in my mod. Save but do not exit. Go in ui/flags/(faction) and change the old faction name with britain (this you can do it also before adding the ui in pack. Save and exit.

Oh,and did i mention this tutorial's great?
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    thanks for tutorial but could you tell me for a good and tutorial how to make new units playable in campaign? as i made croatia playable so now i want some historic croatian units
    First since you have made saxony as croatia you'll have available all saxony units. If you don't want any or you want new, just go in your mod.pack (you should have already one for the necessary changes in faction saxony, as characters names, colors, etc.) add the table db/units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions. There you can add or remove units from saxony writing the unit name and True or False accordingly. Remember that in your mod pack you will use always saxony and no croatia.

Magnificent One's Avatar Miles

Ah.So i extract localisation file,save it as localisation.tsv and then find factions_screen_adjective_xxxxxx and factions_screen_name_xxxxxx and enter in column B the new names?

You know you want some....

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

ok thanks for tutorial its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent One View Post
    Ah.So i extract localisation file,save it as localisation.tsv and then find factions_screen_adjective_xxxxxx and factions_screen_name_xxxxxx and enter in column B the new names?
    Yeap!

hey could someone please walk me through the process of how to make Scotland and Ireland playable factions? I couldn't make any sense of the tutorial

I have a question:
    I am trying to add some regions to France and Britain like this: Realistic colonial India
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...colonial+india
    I know how to do that but there is a problem. France and Britain have no indian minister so the first turn you can see those regions.
    Then all works fine. The mod have fixed that and I could do it if I use Hibrid startpos, but I don't want do this because all ID would change.
    Any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelxxx View Post
    I have a question:
    I am trying to add some regions to France and Britain like this: Realistic colonial India
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...colonial+india
    I know how to do that but there is a problem. France and Britain have no indian minister so the first turn you can see those regions.
    Then all works fine. The mod have fixed that and I could do it if I use Hibrid startpos, but I don't want do this because all ID would change.
    Any suggestion?
    Sorry but your question is not clear enough to me. What is exactly the problem if you use the tutorial (not hybrid)?

I have to create an Indian minister for France and Britain:
    -New minister (or use someone without function): new ID, governorship ID...
    -New indian_minister: Use the new minister, new governor ID,...
    -Regions: assign the governorship ID.

The problem, I want to do this without using the hybrid startpos.
    If I assign a new ID(88888888 for example) to a new minister, CTD.

I have to create an Indian minister for France and Britain:
    -New minister (or use someone without function): new ID, governorship ID...
    -New indian_minister: Use the new minister, new governor ID,...
    -Regions: assign the governorship ID.

The problem, I want to do this without using the hybrid startpos.
    If I assign a new ID(88888888 for example) to a new minister, CTD.
    You can not do that. Also you don't have to if you want to give indian regions in Britain or France.

I know it... But if I give them the Indian regions without have an Indian_minister the FOW bug problem persist.
    I have added a correct line of sight in the region array, without minister it doesn't work for me.

I know it... But if I give them the Indian regions without have an Indian_minister the FOW bug problem persist.
    I have added a correct line of sight in the region array, without minister it doesn't work for me.
    Is this still happening after the first turn?

No, if I add the line of sight after the first turn all works properly, there is no bug.

So that is the situation:

-Owner changed without Indian_minister nor line of sight:
    FOW bug all the time.

-Owner changed with line of sight but no Indian_minister:
    FOW bug first turn.

-Owner changed with line of sight and Indian_minister:
    No FOW Bug.

-Owner changed with line of sight and Indian_minister:
    No FOW Bug.
    Can you add an indian minister?

No. If I use Hybrid Startpos, I pass turn so it is not the solution.
    But I can add the region to another faction which have Indian_minister. Ex: Portugal.

It shows me the three possibilities.

No. If I use Hybrid Startpos, I pass turn so it is not the solution.
    For changing region ownership with hybrid you don't need to pass turn and you don't have the FoW bug, since automatically an indian minister is assigned.

Yeah, I was thinking about other thing.
    I don't use Hybrid startpos because it changes all IDs. The reason: I have to update different versions of the same startpos and having the same ID is really easy.

I have a strange idea:
    Change owner for Indian_minister(Maratha) to Britain, do the same with the character array\minister.
    Put again the old governorship ID(before Maratha, now Britain) on the region array.
    The Fow bug has to be solved because Britain now has an Indian_minister.
    I don't know how not have Indian_minister affects Maratha, I think in the worst case they will not do anything in the first turn, which is a good solution for overpowered Maratha.

I have a strange idea:
    Change owner for Indian_minister(Maratha) to Britain, do the same with the character array\minister.
    Put again the old governorship ID(before Maratha, now Britain) on the region array.
    The Fow bug has to be solved because Britain now has an Indian_minister.
    I don't know how not have Indian_minister affects Maratha, I think in the worst case they will not do anything in the first turn, which is a good solution for overpowered Maratha.
    You can not do that because you'll let maratha without home land governor (CTD). It is like take away from a european faction the europe governor. The main problem in your approaches is that you want to make changes that can not be done in all necessary fields of startpos. There is a whole field in CAI (BDI) which we know enough about it but practically it is impossible to mod it, since it has countless lists. Thats why we can not add or delete new elements but only live in game with hybrid.

Btw I don't understand what is the problem with the ID changes. Have in mind that in a every single update of CA the ID's change. So if you keep an ID record it will be usufull only for a couple of months or less. Now with erasmus improvement in EsfEditor it is much easier to move in startpos with the names than with ID's as we did before. Also have in mind that CAI id's do not change with hybrid, only these in WORLD (as in every save game).