Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You followed the wrong path. I guess you keep backup of your work. This which you actually want is to have two emergent factions unlocked. So, when you finish with Scotland and you have your new startpos, you repeat the same procedure for Ireland exactly as you did for Scotland. In this way you'll make a new startpos with Scotland ans Ireland fully unlockable.
    Thing is i never unlocked scotland
    I just downloaded your "Scotland starpos" which had scotland already unlocked.
    What path do i follow To unlock Emergent it says do it as a minor, so followed all instructions on Level 1 Then Done level 2 ?
    Last edited by blazeftp; November 05, 2009 at 04:55 AM.

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF

Quote Originally Posted by blazeftp View Post
    Thing is i never unlocked scotland
    I just downloaded your "Scotland starpos" which had scotland already unlocked.
    What path do i follow To unlock
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeftp View Post
    Emergent it says do it as a minor, so followed all instructions on Level 1 Then Done level 2 ?

Take some deep breaths and try to do it, is not so difficult. The major problem in startpos is an accidental error (e.g. misspelling). First if you have not done it yet down load NoedsDiscriptions.xml from here if you use EsfEditor 1.4.3 or here for 1.4.5. Go in EsfEditor folder and replace the existing one with this. When you start the Editor you will see how useful it is.

Then do all these steps but with this order and exactly as they are:

[..] CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/PLAYERS_ARRAY/PLAYERS_ARRAY (Ireland)/ middle False change to True
    [..] CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO/FACTION_INFOS/ FACTION_INFOS (Ireland)/ 3rd and 4th False change to True
    [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION(Ireland)/CAMPAIGN_PLAYERS_SETUP/ middle False change to True
    [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_SETUP/PLAYERS_ARRAY/PLAYERS_ARRAY/ middle False change to True
    Also in [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION (Ireland) in 11th and 12th entries enter capitol region ID (ireland region) and change the 14th Trueto False.

You'll find irland's region id in
    [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGIONS_ARRAY/REGIONS_MANAGER/REGION (Ireland)

Then add enough money in the emergent faction's treasury:
    [..] CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION(Ireland)/FACTION_ECONOMICS in 1st line change the amount.

Now you start the game as
    Ireland. You have nothing so far, no regions, no cities, nothing. Open diplomacy menu and buy Ireland from Britain. When you first open diplomacy menu is blank but if you click a couple of times on the table's header (minor, major) you'll see them normally.

After buying is completed the emergent faction is fully unlocked and playable (with government, region, etc.) Save the game and exit. Open saved_game and restore the treasuries of the two factions (Irteland and Britain). Now in your saved_game Ireland is fully playable.

Now you have to make the saved_game startpos. You need the saved_game the stratpos (with sacotland unlocked) and the tutorial about hybrid (Level 4). Read only the beginning how to make it. If you want to make it in the early campaign (1700) you have to to do it twice, first for Scotland then for Ireland. Try it, you'll feel very good after you've finished.

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

if you change the date, say 1900, you'll get a message that you've lost in the opening screen, but the game can be continued even your units are born in 17th cent.
    Is there a way to prevent the game from displaying the "Lose" message in the opening screen ?

Changing the Date ; IF the Victory conditions are fulfilled will the AI conclusion are still Winner ?

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF analysis and modifications. HYBRID startpos.esf (1.4 changes)

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuserge View Post
    Is there a way to prevent the game from displaying the "Lose" message in the opening screen ?

Changing the Date ; IF the Victory conditions are fulfilled will the AI conclusion are still Winner ?
    No and that is the solution. You have to change the year in VC but you have to do it for all playable factions and for all scenarios in every VC.

About the other thing we discused, what about introducing a second Pirate faction in Caribbean (replacing e.g. Knights of St.John) which will be fully factional and keep also the old pirates which will be always in war with everybody? It is right historically since the Pirates -especially in the early years were actually allied with a grate power (or guided by one e.g. G. Britain) and attacked British enemies' ships (like Spanish). It is a Pirate mod after all and should have more pirates.
    Last edited by husserlTW; December 08, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

okay, so ive got it to the point that i have Ireland in existence, but the damn British will not sell Ireland to me under any circumstances, even after giving them 100 in their starting treasury. not for 100,000, + M.A. they keep offering the Bahamas.

Quote Originally Posted by crucify_ego View Post
    okay, so ive got it to the point that i have Ireland in existence, but the damn British will not sell Ireland to me under any circumstances, even after giving them 100 in their starting treasury. not for 100,000, + M.A. they keep offering the Bahamas.
    Give them 1.000.000!!! Usually I am doing it with 200-300.000.

even after giving them 100 in their starting treasury.
    I suppose that you mean that in first turn, right?

Anyway there is another way but it is better to keep trying this one. The other is to start as Britain and offer to Ireland ireland region. Then you save, exit make hybrid. After you set back the right treasuries in your new startpos for Britain and Irland, you can start the game as Ireland.

No and that is the solution. You have to change the year in VC but you have to do it for all playable factions and for all scenarios in every VC.
    Thanks for the tip ; It worked very well ; I am making the Pirate faction having a better presentation moding the Startpos

About building a new Pirate faction with Knight of St Johns ; What should I do with Malta ? to who should I give it ???

Thanks for the tip ; It worked very well ; I am making the Pirate faction having a better presentation moding the Startpos
    It looks nice!

About building a new Pirate faction with Knight of St Johns ; What should I do with Malta ? to who should I give it ???
    Barbary_states or to an italian faction.

Ok I'll give a try .....BTW I got confused by modding the 13 colonies making the United States faction :

I have modded the 13 and Around (....) Year 1759 a nation pops out in the campaign which is the US .... and invade one city of the 13 colonies .... I am confused because I though that it was in fact the 13 colonies that would turn to be the States getting rid of the English Yoke (Rebellion) , which in the game is not ; So if I mod the US and make it playable it would in fact become an enemy of the 13 colonies

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Give them 1.000.000!!! Usually I am doing it with 200-300.000.

I suppose that you mean that in first turn, right?

Anyway there is another way but it is better to keep trying this one. The other is to start as Britain and offer to Ireland ireland region. Then you save, exit make hybrid. After you set back the right treasuries in your new startpos for Britain and Irland, you can start the game as Ireland.

HusserlTW, you are the man and your tutorials rule!!!!!! +rep. so I have managed to make the irish now have Dublin and even made them a "Major"(so i can have revolutions). now i just gotta take some time and try to convert Dublin to a major city. thanks again

Ok I'll give a try .....BTW I got confused by modding the 13 colonies making the United States faction :

I have modded the 13 and Around (....) Year 1759 a nation pops out in the campaign which is the US .... and invade one city of the 13 colonies .... I am confused because I though that it was in fact the 13 colonies that would turn to be the States getting rid of the English Yoke (Rebellion) , which in the game is not ; So if I mod the US and make it playable it would in fact become an enemy of the 13 colonies
    No, as you can see in db/factions or in startpos FACTIONS 13 col. and US are deferent factions.

To play with Louisiana, Thirteen Colonies or New Spain you will also need to remove the script that enables the handover missions. This is found at the very top of the scripting.lua and removing the block fixes the crash that will else occur after a while (when the handover would take place)
    is this the bloc ?

elseif conditions.TurnNumber(context) == 2 then
    if conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:trigger_custom_mission("britain_protectorate", "britain", "protectorate_region_capture", 0, "georgia_usa+cherokee_territory+new_france", "", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_text", "mission_text_text_main_protectorate_thirteen_colonies_reward", 0, "thirteen_colonies", context)
    cause I'm having a hard time ....if I erase this I can't play the Pirates ( You can't see the units in campaign ) , and the Fog is back ;

is this the bloc ?

cause I'm having a hard time ....if I erase this I can't play the Pirates ( You can't see the units in campaign ) , and the Fog is back ;
    Yes but to be sure use the scripting from main_2 folder. For FoW just add at the end of the last local function the line: scripting.game_interface:show_shroud(false)

Code:
    local function OnWorldCreated()
        scripting.game_interface:technology_osmosis_for_playables_enable_culture("european")
        scripting.game_interface:technology_osmosis_for_playables_enable_all()
        scripting.game_interface:show_shroud(false)    
    end

Done using the Script from main_2 ; Now the units are back , But I cannot ATTACK if I declare war the Windows Declare war remain still
    ...I mean the menu freezes

Done using the Script from main_2 ; Now the units are back , But I cannot ATTACK if I declare war the Windows Declare war remain still
    ...I mean the menu freezes
    Have you based pirates on Luisiana? If so go in FACTION and set 21st line to 0.

No , No , Pirates a fine ; I'm speaking about 13 colonies set as Major faction ; I did as in the tutorial (
    I can't pass the border .....with this startpos modded
    If I don't enable the 13 colonies everything is OK playing the Pirates

I have set every one on board on each correct Ship and added Anne Providence akka Anne Bonney on the Sheba Queen ....

It has been 2 days since I am trying to add the 13 colonies ; else I would had finished the mod

About the project we discussed I will do it after ;

EDIT

At last I found the BUG I've been chasing : it's on line 21
    of main\13 colonies + Pirates
    startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\Thirteen_Colonies | FACTION_ARRAY\Thirteen_Colonies | FACTION

The ID n° of the Patron must be erased !!!

Last edited by kungfuserge; December 12, 2009 at 03:14 PM.

This is a protectorate behavior. Check in 13 colonies FACTION 21st line to see if it is 0.

Done ; we must have posted at the same time the correct answer (lol) ;
    I have given the 13 colonies some techniques that make the faction much more interesting on it's way to freedom
    I will release the mod tomorrow WITH the region_unit_resources_tables from patch 1.3 thanks to you

Done ; we must have posted at the same time the correct answer (lol) ;
    I have given the 13 colonies some techniques that make the faction much more interesting on it's way to freedom
    I will release the mod tomorrow WITH the region_unit_resources_tables from patch 1.3 thanks to you
    That was a synchronizing !

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

thanks a lot for this i am right now making croatia a faction i made it from saxony croatia is now only region saxony itself is now prussian thanks a lot