Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] new Seleucid!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [Preview] new Seleucid!

Good work for sure. Awesome textures and more detailed models. I loved it. Will you do the same reskinning with the rest of the mod? Not that the original models arent cool because they are cool but yours are more detailed.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Good work for sure. Awesome textures and more detailed models. I loved it. Will you do the same reskinning with the rest of the mod? Not that the original models arent cool because they are cool but yours are more detailed.
    I have reskinned most of the eastern part in RTR now. Some early-made skins are bad and will also be re-designed.

FOE will be released soon, so I don't intend to cover the western part. However if I have time I should make new Imperial Romans myself.
    Last edited by AqD; June 25, 2009 at 05:28 AM.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

looks great
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

aqd, you made the finest Seleucids I've ever seen in RTW mods! Good news that your minimod is alive and been developing. If you are still interested in beta-testers, I can help when I'll finally pass my exams
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Yes of course. PM me when you want it

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Updated with Median Spearmen and Median Heavy Cavalry!

Last edited by AqD; June 28, 2009 at 01:40 AM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

aqd
    Amazing horse skin! And infantry shields and armor also look very realistic.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Amazing preview

Can't wait for full version now

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    Can't wait for full version now
    It's complete in the beta you got

I'm waiting for you to report the result of war against Ptolemaic kingdom...

I'll play as the Seleucids then?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

yes if you like It could end fast.....

It did. There's a serious problem Because of the combination of scripted AI cash refills every turn when its got a low treasury, 0-turn completion time for lots of good troops and an AI so dumb it doesn't even think to save money, the Ptolemies always have about six full armies by turn two, and that's on E/E! Also, they're really aggressive when their armies are twice the size of yours so they basically take Syria very quickly. I'm guessing it's the same for the Seleucids when you play as the Ptolemies. Oh, and could you add some more infrastructure for some places? After the millennia of development in farming from 8500 BC up until 280 BC it's doubtful that most of Turkey has no farms with Land Clearance And this leads to high taxes creating a fall in population, and people rioting even when taxes are low! And I'm testing it on e/e... Oh, and the Parthians get really good really quick too, same as the Ptolemies

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    It did. There's a serious problem Because of the combination of scripted AI cash refills every turn when its got a low treasury, 0-turn completion time for lots of good troops and an AI so dumb it doesn't even think to save money, the Ptolemies always have about six full armies by turn two, and that's on E/E! Also, they're really aggressive when their armies are twice the size of yours so they basically take Syria very quickly. I'm guessing it's the same for the Seleucids when you play as the Ptolemies. Oh, and could you add some more infrastructure for some places? After the millennia of development in farming from 8500 BC up until 280 BC it's doubtful that most of Turkey has no farms with Land Clearance And this leads to high taxes creating a fall in population, and people rioting even when taxes are low! And I'm testing it on e/e... Oh, and the Parthians get really good really quick too, same as the Ptolemies
    Oh they cannot recruit that fast. You would note almost every of decent units take at least 1 turn to train, except for Roman Principes, Pontic infantry(s), and Hellenistic native pikemen(s) and a few others.

The armies you have seen are the scripted armies I talked about - they're only spawned when you play Seleucid Note their high-experience and unbeatable generals! It is a war going on and you must win it or give up syria!

It is true the regions in middle east were very highly-developed, but the Seleucid royal court had little control over most of rural regions and even some of the cities; a large part of income would never enter their pockets, and lack of manpower for war is always a problem to all successor kingdoms... At best the Seleucid king could even field slightly more than 70,000 macedonians in one battle, yet the number is still lower than what the Romans could get from poor Italy alone! You should feel the pain they had!

But there are advantages of course. There is the persian royal road, paved across your vast empire to help trade and army movement, and you get all the best troops, all types of infantry and cavalry and elephants. You just need some micro-manage on garrisons, retreat from a few useless regions, and don't abuse your citizens for too long! It should be lot easier than campaigns in EB (I could write a complete guide for you but it'd not be fun )

For easier campaigns.... try Armenians, Pontus, and Bactrians (making...)
    Last edited by AqD; July 21, 2009 at 09:02 AM.

Well, I'm a bit Draconian in my methods of "governing": if they riot on low taxes, give 'em very high ones... they won't behave any worse

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

You need to build temples and the government policy building (splited from barracks to provide public order). Or you can move the capital around to prevent rebel

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

I can't believe that someone finds new Seleucid campaign too hard!
    What will beta-testers say if aqd add more scripted armies for Ptolemaics? (He's already promised)
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    I can't believe that someone finds new Seleucid campaign too hard!
    What will beta-testers say if aqd add more scripted armies for Ptolemaics?
    He's playing the version with 5 veteran armies given to Ptolemaic Kingdom, +1 to pontus, +1 to parthia, and the diplomacy situation is slightly worse: at war with all neightbors.

It looks very terrifying but not difficult to experienced players. I beat them all and turned everything by the winter of 280BC, though I'd not want to fight that again....

EDIT: or 6 or 7? I just found another ..... WTF they nearly killed my royal army and 4 generals?!!
    Last edited by AqD; July 22, 2009 at 07:44 PM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

aqd
    Sounds great! May I test this version too? Please...
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    aqd
    Sounds great! May I test this version too? Please...
    of course

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast