Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Preview] new Seleucid!

ProdigalSon's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [Preview] new Seleucid!

What i mean is you either start too big and it's soon boring, or you start small, it's interesting for a while then it's boring again. Overall in Rome. It's years since last time i finished a campaign

I'll load my campaign to see in what state it is, can't really remember.

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    @ProdigalSon: The Seleucid campaign in my mod is fast. In the beginning you're facing a serious Ptolemaic invasion, which would soon decide the fate of your empire - either you lose syria and get cut to asia minor and persia with enemies everywhere, or you destroy Ptolemaic kingdom and become unstoppable

PS: it's quite possible to lose against the initial Ptolemaic armies if you play on VH/H battle difficulty
    You're not exactly unstoppable when the Ptolemies are down, you still have awful difficulties - by the way, have you given the Seleucids more technology yet? Like Land Clearance in places that had been farmed for millennia? I know the Seleucids didn't get the money, but just increase their corruption...

It can't be too hard
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Quote Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post
    What i mean is you either start too big and it's soon boring, or you start small, it's interesting for a while then it's boring again. Overall in Rome. It's years since last time i finished a campaign

I'll load my campaign to see in what state it is, can't really remember.
    I know what he means... I bought Medieval II and it's waaaaaaaaaay better on that front because your armies can rebel like in Medieval I (which I played, it was so bad... )

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

oh it can rebel in BI too I think.. army or the generals. But every of rebel factions to original ones would take additional slots..

Oh. Never mind

ProdigalSon's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    I know what he means... I bought Medieval II and it's waaaaaaaaaay better on that front because your armies can rebel like in Medieval I (which I played, it was so bad... )
    Not saying i found it lacking compared to medieval i or ii (might be the case in this aspect, haven't played them that much). Actually I love Rome far more than any other TW game. Excluding the first months addiction though (when i first discovered RTW), i'm getting soon bored with campaigns where you start big or when you get big.

Checked my Seleucid campaign btw and true, i wasn't slaying everyone for fun. Actually i abandoned the easternmost provinces to avoid fighting everyone, focused on egypt and asia minor, and after some successes relatively easy my usual boredom stroke. However it was on m/m difficulty, as i don't play all battles and also don't like the unfair way AI gets bonuses in total war games. I guess this campaign could really be a challenge on higher difficulties though.
    Hey Moral Soldier you've got righteous proclamations,
    And precious tomes to fuel your pulpy conflagrations.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

OMG! they are beautiful!

Found a bug, in the export units there is an entry for seleucid legionaries, but they are not in the buildings export which tells where they are to be built and what conditions have to be met and if you try to place them it comes up with an error saying unknown unit.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

They're deprecated units in RTR 6 and the EDU entres are kept because I was planning to add post-reform units including legionaries.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234