Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mere feature suggestions...

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: Mere feature suggestions...

TATW has just been released (and what a workload it must have been), so I would just wait and see what KK and others will offer us in the future. I seriously believe these features (since they mostly are from some major-mods like SS) have been tought before by the team, and they will be implemented later, or they will not for presumable good reasons..

I personally would love to see more roleplay elements in TATW, and I'm pretty sure there will be more of them, later.

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    TATW has just been released, so I would just wait and see what KK and others will offer us in the future. I seriously believe these features (and most presented in these forums) have been tought before by the team, and they will be implemented later, or they will not for presumable good reasons..

I personally would love to see more roleplay elements in TATW, and I'm pretty sure there will be more of them, later.
    At least I wasn't talking about right away...

I'm not seeing any suggestions people, it's all chat.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; June 22, 2009 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    I'm not seeing any suggestions people, it's all chat.
    You're here and haven't closed it yet?
    I thought you were going to...

as said, I don't really care...

One thing I'd like to see is the option for Isengard to change cultures away from followers of Melkor so that you can take on Mordor after you've taken out Rohan.

Warmaster Tibs's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppylyte View Post
    One thing I'd like to see is the option for Isengard to change cultures away from followers of Melkor so that you can take on Mordor after you've taken out Rohan.
    I dont see why you couldent do that even if you where a follower of Melkor.
    The AI is like a retarded overwieght child. He realy want all those fries, he just does not know how to get them. http://img1.coolspacetricks.com/imag...unny/81776.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Tibs View Post
    maybe like when Lithuania could choose to turn catholic?
    But still not necessary...

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Tibs View Post
    Agreed. And imo the fact that your still follower of Melkor, just makes the immersion of you betraying Sauron even deeper. Sauron will excommunicate you, and may call invasion on you for little bonus.. It's foolish to betray Sauron

Excommunicated = Not really Follower of Melkor...

desean's Avatar Semisalis

Icon1 Suggestions for Eriador changes

OK first off, i know the TA team already has its own plans for the Eriador faction, but giving suggestions, as long as they make sence or dont go off topic, never hurts.
    Second i dont think the Eriador faction is rong as a whole, and on the contrary to many forum members i dont think Eriador is the remains of the Arnor Kingdom, only the dunedain rangers fit into that role.

OK, personaly i believe the Eriador faction is nothing but an alliance of sub-factions of free-peoples, both man dunedain & hobbits, just think about it, the Eriador faction in the game is nothing more then the union of Bree-land, the various hobbit populations in Eriador and the Dunedain Rangers.
    This said, this so called Eriador faction should be renaimed to something like Free-Peoples, sence thats exacly what they are. Its a faction thats should have extensive use of the AoR units, some exemples of the local free-peoples and its zones especific units, some already implemented in-game follow:
    - Hobbits with its hobbit archers: The Shire, Greenfields, Bree-Land, Staddle
    - Dunedain Rangers: Fornost, Amon-Sul, Lake Evendim, Hills of Evendim, Mitheithel (i did some research of the zones with dunedains or later populated by them)
    - Bree Riders: Bree and Staddle (both belong to the subfaction of Bree-land)
    - Greeway guardsman: Fornost, Bree, Cardolan/Staddle, Tharbad, Dunland, Isengard (ofc this are the zones where this guards should be recruited and not zones belonging to Eriador at game start)

Sence this Eriador faction is nothing more then the good rebels version of the game, it should be extended to all the Free-peoples of middle-earth, and at the same time see some provinces removed.
    Ill explain better, there were 3 zones of free-people in middle earth (Eriador, Anduin Valley, Wilderlands), and ill explain each zone:
    - the Wilderlands used to be a filled with free-peoples with Dale, Esgaroth, Dorwinion, Celduin and Rhovanion, but now most of its land are habited by evil man, and Dale seems to have now the role that Gondor used to have in the land, its a kingdom in wich the other free-peoples function like fiefdoms, just like gondor, so this zone exemple does not fit into what the Eriador/Free-peoples faction represents.
    - the Anduin Valley on the other hand, totaly fit the Eriador exemple, with the Beornings, the hobbits of Gladden Fields, the people of Framsburg (if theres any, i havent found nothing stating that the zone is in any way diferent to amon-sul for exemple) and the people of Wrakyaburg, this free-peoples even had the comon enemy, the OotMM, only its allies were diferent, instead of the high elves, it was the silvan elves.
    - no point in talking about Eriador sence i already did above
    So i believe personaly that just like the high elves faction and mordor, the Eriador (free-peoples) faction should be devided in territory between Eriador and Anduin Valley.
    I said above that some regions should be removed, and so, ill explain what regions to add and what to remove from the faction:
    - To mantain: Bree, Staddle, shire, greenfields
    - To add in eriador: hills of evendim (because i readed somewhere that the zone was populated by dunedains by the third age, they were just seperated from the bulk of the other free-peoples in the south)
    - To remove in eriador: Fornost, Amon-Sul, Cardolan (ok fornost and amon-sul were deserted, and i know theyr the only forts the Eriador faction add, but in game perspective Eriador has plenty of time to conquer them at game start, as for Cardolan, the place is deserted and haunted by evil spirits or something, i doubt someone wanted to live there at the time)
    - To add in Anduin: Gladden Fields, Beorn's Halls, Framsbrug? (all this zones were habited by free-peoples and tbh theyr must have been hard folks because the orcs usualy had a hard time to pass threw their lands)
    - Not to add in Anduin: Wrakyaburg(for some reason the other free-races did not trust this people, average rebel settlement)

Ok, i personaly dont see any problems in this faction unit rooster, i like all this militia units, gives a nice lore feeling, only unit i dislike is the generals bodyguard unit, should be changed to a town mayor and its bodyguard or something like that, im sorry im out of better ideias in this part. (And i know about the obvious stat changes but i believe the Team is taking care of that)
    Obviously if Anduin Valley would merge with Eriador as a faction, this would mean some new units, more hobbit archers for Gladden Fields and Beornings for Beorns Halls and maybe Beorings (currently in the Dale faction roster) for Beorns Halls and Framsburg, i dont know personaly if framsburg does have a especific unit worth noticing
    Oh by the way in case of a merge this faction should be allied with both Silvan and high Elves, and maintain its objectives of nailing OotMM.
    Im goin to suggest also to switch Swordsmith Guild with Woodsman Guild to Eriador (or Free-peoples), they didnt have the tecnology for superior arms, but they did have above average skill with bows (Dunedain Rangers/hobbits archers) also makes more sence with their relations with the elfs and all.

Please Jean-Luc dont close this, unless things go out of topic, this faction has been a discussion topic since the mod came out, and i believe it is this forums members duty to give constructive ideias to improve it

Give your own suggestions!
    And Keep it in the Lore people!
    And correct me if im in anywhere mistaken
    Sorry for my english
    Last edited by desean; June 23, 2009 at 09:13 AM.

desean's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Suggestions for Eriador changes

sry double post

Nice Suggestions, Eriador and Dale are beeing worked on the maybe some of your suggestions maybe take part but I dont think that the rebel settlements will be a part of eriador... the settlements will most likely stay as they are.
    Maybe a new Unit Roster with other Textures.

Your Suggestions maybe could take part in a submod...

Default Suggestion: "good" crusade?

I dont know how many times this has been suggested but im gonna say it anyway.. ATM in my opinion the game feels a little bit unbalanced.. The evil factions all work together in their invasions etc, so in most of my campaigns they are all working as a team. They're all at war with the same good factions (which are usually gondor and rohan) and it's a bit disadvantage to the good factions.
    My suggestion is that you add something like a jihad for good factions,that way u dont have to create a "good" pope.. And the muslim priests or imans (Forgot what there called) could be famous figures such as Gandalf.. Radagast the Brown.. (Ok he's not rly involved in most of the war of the ring, but still..) And i suppose you could start adding other characters or just randomly create them..
    You could call the good faction's jihad "A Call to All Free People".. Or if you don't want to include Elves, dwarves, eriador etc you could call it "A Call to All Free Men".. And to tackle the problem of Lore you could make the call have a very long respawn like 30 or 40 turns or something like that.. If not just make it equal to the respawn time of Invasions.
    What do you guys think? I personally think it would balance the game a lot more, add to the depth and make good factions all have common enemies so you get a more Good Vs Evil campaign...

Default Re: Suggestion: "good" crusade?

Different cultures, hardcoded, not possible.. I think...
    I feel a flametrain approaching!
    | "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." |

My Workshop |The Graphics Workshop| Critic's Quill |Imperium Graecorum

Default Re: Suggestion: "good" crusade?

I thought you could have different cultures under the same religion..? Haha and i didnt intend for this to be criticism of the game! Just a suggestion so please no flaming lol
    Last edited by Keldalig; June 24, 2009 at 06:31 AM.

Ha, ha, merged! There's something satisfying about cramming all the suggestions topics into this thread.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

I thought you could have different cultures under the same religion..? Haha and i didnt intend for this to be criticism of the game! Just a suggestion so please no flaming lol
    Culture replaces religion.

Culture and religion are 2 different things.

Quote Originally Posted by desean View Post
    OK first off, i know the TA team already has its own plans for the Eriador faction, but giving suggestions, as long as they make sence or dont go off topic, never hurts.
    Second i dont think the Eriador faction is rong as a whole, and on the contrary to many forum members i dont think Eriador is the remains of the Arnor Kingdom, only the dunedain rangers fit into that role.

OK, personaly i believe the Eriador faction is nothing but an alliance of sub-factions of free-peoples, both man dunedain & hobbits, just think about it, the Eriador faction in the game is nothing more then the union of Bree-land, the various hobbit populations in Eriador and the Dunedain Rangers.
    This said, this so called Eriador faction should be renaimed to something like Free-Peoples, sence thats exacly what they are. Its a faction thats should have extensive use of the AoR units, some exemples of the local free-peoples and its zones especific units, some already implemented in-game follow:
    - Hobbits with its hobbit archers: The Shire, Greenfields, Bree-Land, Staddle
    - Dunedain Rangers: Fornost, Amon-Sul, Lake Evendim, Hills of Evendim, Mitheithel (i did some research of the zones with dunedains or later populated by them)
    - Bree Riders: Bree and Staddle (both belong to the subfaction of Bree-land)
    - Greeway guardsman: Fornost, Bree, Cardolan/Staddle, Tharbad, Dunland, Isengard (ofc this are the zones where this guards should be recruited and not zones belonging to Eriador at game start)

Sence this Eriador faction is nothing more then the good rebels version of the game, it should be extended to all the Free-peoples of middle-earth, and at the same time see some provinces removed.
    Ill explain better, there were 3 zones of free-people in middle earth (Eriador, Anduin Valley, Wilderlands), and ill explain each zone:
    - the Wilderlands used to be a filled with free-peoples with Dale, Esgaroth, Dorwinion, Celduin and Rhovanion, but now most of its land are habited by evil man, and Dale seems to have now the role that Gondor used to have in the land, its a kingdom in wich the other free-peoples function like fiefdoms, just like gondor, so this zone exemple does not fit into what the Eriador/Free-peoples faction represents.
    - the Anduin Valley on the other hand, totaly fit the Eriador exemple, with the Beornings, the hobbits of Gladden Fields, the people of Framsburg (if theres any, i havent found nothing stating that the zone is in any way diferent to amon-sul for exemple) and the people of Wrakyaburg, this free-peoples even had the comon enemy, the OotMM, only its allies were diferent, instead of the high elves, it was the silvan elves.
    - no point in talking about Eriador sence i already did above
    So i believe personaly that just like the high elves faction and mordor, the Eriador (free-peoples) faction should be devided in territory between Eriador and Anduin Valley.
    I said above that some regions should be removed, and so, ill explain what regions to add and what to remove from the faction:
    - To mantain: Bree, Staddle, shire, greenfields
    - To add in eriador: hills of evendim (because i readed somewhere that the zone was populated by dunedains by the third age, they were just seperated from the bulk of the other free-peoples in the south)
    - To remove in eriador: Fornost, Amon-Sul, Cardolan (ok fornost and amon-sul were deserted, and i know theyr the only forts the Eriador faction add, but in game perspective Eriador has plenty of time to conquer them at game start, as for Cardolan, the place is deserted and haunted by evil spirits or something, i doubt someone wanted to live there at the time)
    - To add in Anduin: Gladden Fields, Beorn's Halls, Framsbrug? (all this zones were habited by free-peoples and tbh theyr must have been hard folks because the orcs usualy had a hard time to pass threw their lands)
    - Not to add in Anduin: Wrakyaburg(for some reason the other free-races did not trust this people, average rebel settlement)

Ok, i personaly dont see any problems in this faction unit rooster, i like all this militia units, gives a nice lore feeling, only unit i dislike is the generals bodyguard unit, should be changed to a town mayor and its bodyguard or something like that, im sorry im out of better ideias in this part. (And i know about the obvious stat changes but i believe the Team is taking care of that)
    Obviously if Anduin Valley would merge with Eriador as a faction, this would mean some new units, more hobbit archers for Gladden Fields and Beornings for Beorns Halls and maybe Beorings (currently in the Dale faction roster) for Beorns Halls and Framsburg, i dont know personaly if framsburg does have a especific unit worth noticing
    Oh by the way in case of a merge this faction should be allied with both Silvan and high Elves, and maintain its objectives of nailing OotMM.
    Im goin to suggest also to switch Swordsmith Guild with Woodsman Guild to Eriador (or Free-peoples), they didnt have the tecnology for superior arms, but they did have above average skill with bows (Dunedain Rangers/hobbits archers) also makes more sence with their relations with the elfs and all.

Please Jean-Luc dont close this, unless things go out of topic, this faction has been a discussion topic since the mod came out, and i believe it is this forums members duty to give constructive ideias to improve it

Give your own suggestions!
    And Keep it in the Lore people!
    And correct me if im in anywhere mistaken
    Sorry for my english
    Awesome dude, I really like these ideas. Although in regards to Amun Sul, I think that once custom settlements are rolling off the line it would be nice if it was in Eriador's possession... I mean really, almost all of the other factions have a fancy place to dwell and fight!

Oh yeah, + rep for wanting to keep Eriador as a whole . It's probably my favorite Free Peoples faction.

Default few ideas, make big diffrence i think

just few idea make big diffrence i no. when isengard army attack Helms deep large elf army apper nex to it because they went to help in the story. at same time event could happen that beat saruman with ents. unless you are playing them also rhun are too boring i think and need some better people. three times iv been beaten playing them by dwarfs when i attack gondor with big army, also not like therg guard much ther hats have things stick out look odd. last to give bigg big help i think is to add late gun unit for all men faction to show that time going by means they are getting older.

english is poor my first langug be no

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast