Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Sub-Mod] Sons of the Dannebrog for APE:TI

Praepositus

Default Re: [Sub-Mod] Sons of the Dannebrog for APE:TI

I"m looking forward to it man great work! lol I downloaded the equipment tweak mod!

Praepositus

question

how do you add faction descriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by am.az View Post
    question

how do you add faction descriptions?
    You add them to the localisation table (vanilla table is in patch_en.pack; APETI and SotD both have files with localisation or "loc" in the name) along with a unique number. Then you go to the FACTIONS_INFO array in the startpos and make the description number match. If you want a short tut, I can write one for you. It's easy to do.

Praepositus

sure I might want it just in case I ever do decide to mod a faction thanks

Ok I just downloaded SotD. I think I will start a Danish campaign tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donz View Post
    Ok I just downloaded SotD. I think I will start a Danish campaign tonight.
    I hope you enjoy it I just realized I didn't delete the APETI entry for general's bodyguard and it's overwriting the SotD one. If you know how to use PFM, you can change the model for the APE euro_generals_bodyguard to euro_king_and_courtiers. In the meantime, I'll upload a fixed version.

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espaņa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

this can always be included in the mod later on if people really want to download so we dont have multiplayer compatibility issues

Quote Originally Posted by boche View Post
    this can always be included in the mod later on if people really want to download so we dont have multiplayer compatibility issues
    Agree!

I feel a Dannebrog campaign coming on after my Ottoman one.

Idea ; a few of us play out our Danish campaigns in roughly the same RL time frame, and compare campaign notes each decade or so with screenshots and a small write up as we go? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Indus_Valley View Post
    I feel a Dannebrog campaign coming on after my Ottoman one.

Idea ; a few of us play out our Danish campaigns in roughly the same RL time frame, and compare campaign notes each decade or so with screenshots and a small write up as we go? Just a thought.
    Nice Idea, just go ahead and start a thread about it when youre done with your current campaign.

If erasmus is ok with that, I totaly support this!

BTW, I just posted my first few turns experience of my new danish campaign in the OT thread. Its been an verry good game so far:
    Quote Originally Posted by myself
    [...] with the new SotD submod it has been an awesome game so far. I have been attacked by sweden and hanover and with only one half stack its quite a chalange to secure 2 borders. I managed to fight of the swedes thoug, and now, after sinking their main fleet, i am bloking the skagerakk with my fleet. My now free half stack has retaken south jutland and now I am going to march to bring the war to hanovers lands. Great fun so far.
    Last edited by The Donz; June 21, 2009 at 06:43 AM.

BTW, I just posted my first few turns experience of my new danish campaign in the OT thread. Its been an verry good game so far:
    I'm happy to read that you're enjoying yourself. I'm enjoying my campaign too. It's the first one I've really played (as opposed to play testing) since I started the project. APETI + SotD = a challenging (but fun!) game experience. I found I had to rely on geography and my navy to protect Copenhagen. I had to let to the Hannoverians have the run of Jutland (the big pinnensula north of Hannover) for years until I could defeat the Swedish and get enough income to expand my army.

I'd be happy to let the APETI gentlemen incorporate my mod. The only catch is that it would mean you can't play as the KoSJ and you'll never be able to invade Malta (both result in CTDs; it's a result of a workaround for another, far more irritating bug).

Will it cause a ctd if an AI nation invades malta? Yes I know Naval invasions are rare but it can happen^^

Will it cause a ctd if an AI nation invades malta? Yes I know Naval invasions are rare but it can happen^^
    Yes, but the invasion would have to be successful. The odds of the AI invading and winning the battle are probably close to 1 in 1E10.

Sorry to fall into modding gobbledeegook, but the problem has to do with assigning Copenhagen's new admiralty slots in the CAI. We know the most important one, but something's still missing; without the workaround you get an error every time you try to exit the GC, whether it's loading a save game, exiting to the main menu, or exiting to Windows. It gets very irritating and prevents your preferences from saving.

The workaround involves giving another building's CAI slots (in this case, those belonging Malta's governor's palace) to the admiralty. The exiting bug disappears, but if ETW tries to repair, upgrade, or transfer ownership of the now-slotless building, you get a CTD. In SotD, Malta's settlement starts fully upgraded, so the chances of a CTD, especially with the current AI, are incredibly minute.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Sorry to fall into modding gobbledeegook[...]
    Good explanation. Undestood all of it. Hope you, or someone else will get that sorted.

Does this version as well as the current version of APE:TI work with the newest patch from CA? The one released today. If so, could someone guide me through a working installation? I keep getting CTD's even after following the installation instructions first from APE:TI and then SotD.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSamurai View Post
    Does this version as well as the current version of APE:TI work with the newest patch from CA? The one released today. If so, could someone guide me through a working installation? I keep getting CTD's even after following the installation instructions first from APE:TI and then SotD.
    I'm not sure if everything's working together yet.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    I'm not sure if everything's working together yet.
    So it might be that I'm just suffering from some inherent compatibility issues rather than me being a total noob at installing the mods?

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSamurai View Post
    So it might be that I'm just suffering from some inherent compatibility issues rather than me being a total noob at installing the mods?
    Yes. I'm guessing it's compatibility.

Soo, how about an compatibility Update? I'm eager to continue my Danish GC.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast