Thread: Sean Pertwee

Default Sean Pertwee

I was loading up MTW today, and although by now I normally skip it, for some reason I kept it playing, and half way through, it struck me that the voiceover guy (who also does the battle announcements!) had a familar voice, and I realised that it is Sean Pertwee!

I had never realised this even through all these years, and yet once I noticed, it is so obvious. I'm slightly weirded out by by the fact this never occurred to me.

Damn...
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

Default Re: Sean Pertwee

Yep. I myself had never even heard of Sean before MTW. He probably remains my favorite voice actor in the entire Total War series.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Hey, that's right - I thought it sounded familiar. I think you're right! I will not be able to play it now without thinking of Equilibrium.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Catch the film 'Love, Honour & Obey' with Ray Winstone & Shaun Pertwee, he sings a blinding version of the Fireball XL5 theme tune (old 60's TV show by Gerry Anderson) and it is a very funny film!

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Hello people, I don’t like much the direction this thread is currently heading; it simply is not very MTW or
    even "TW-esque" for the moment. If this does not improve I’ll have to close it down….

As an attempt to set it back on track to see what happens here, I’d like to mention that Brian Blessed
    did some voice acting for the RTW-Alexander expansion. Surely he must be a worthy candidate to rival
    Seans fine work in MTW? Personally, I always loved the colorful voice-over in STW (don't know who the
    actor is)...

- Cheers
    ----------
    I am also pretty fond of the voice of the female advisor in RTW - actually...