Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle-earth Lore - Status: closed - partially included in TATW 3.1

Default Re: Middle-Earth Lore submod - Elven Division v1.0 released - Dwarven Division WIP

very nice mod. Was waiting for something like this!!!

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Middle-Earth Lore submod - Elven Division v1.0 released - Dwarven Division WIP

Quote Originally Posted by larsverw View Post
    very nice mod. Was waiting for something like this!!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    An half elf can choose to be a man or elf, i don't thinks it's bound to leaving middle-earth or something.
    Well, no

Tolkien was very precise on that matter.
    Only Elrond and Elros had the chance to make a choice and that choice was once and far all and binding
    to them as it was to their children -agreed, with some 'choosing' but not the way Elrond could choose.
    All other children of mixed origin of Elf and Men had no choice at all but were counted among mortal Men.

"At the end of the First Age an irrevocable choice was given to the Half-Elven, to which kindred they
    would belong. Elros chose to be of Mankind, and was granted a great life-span; and he became the
    first King of Númenor. His descendants were long-lived but mortal. Later when they became powerful they begrudged the choice of their forefather, desiring the immortality within the life of the world that
    was the fate of the Elves. In this way began their rebellion which, under the evil teaching of Sauron,
    brought about the Downfall of Númenor and the ruin of the ancient world.
    Elrond chose to be of Elvenkind, and became a master of wisdom. To him therefore was granted the
    same grace as to those of the High Elves that still lingered in Middle-Earth: that when weary at last
    of the mortal lands they could take ship from the Grey Havens and pass into the Uttermost West,
    notwithstanding the change of the world. But to the children of Elrond a choice was also appointed:
    to pass with him from the circles of the world; or if they wedded with one of Mankind, to become
    mortal and die in Middle-Earth."

HoM-E, volume XII, p.256f

Quote Originally Posted by Elfhelm View Post
    No bugs encountered! Just to show it is possible for Arwen to be a good girl!

In relation to Halfelves...I may have misunderstood this but as far as I know Elves donot become men iff they choose to remain in Middle Earth they merely fade in time.I doubt this would happen in any givern timeframe of the game.It seems counterproductive for them to be scripted to do so as I think it would severelly deplete the enjoyment one would have playing an elven faction knowing that they have this virus script that ultimatelly kills them off!
    Arwen could have probably lived long into the future but because of her love for Aragorn and her loss she deminished and faded much sooner.
    I understand that the general Elven decline is lorewise but is it beneficial to gameplay or even needed within the context of the game?
    I think youv'e done a great job of making the Elves game more imersive and enjoyable Aikanar but please don't kill us off with some evil doom script!
    Misunderstanding

Besides that, don't worry

Damn inet connection up here, got a total breakdown for the last days...

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Middle-Earth Lore submod - Elven Division v1.0 released - Dwarven Division v0.1

Dwarven Division v0.1 is up
    It comes with the Elven Division 1.0
    Elven Division is savegame compatible.
    This is my last day of holiday in Denmark,
    hence the next Dwarven version will be up on Sunday.

Enjoy

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Middle-Earth Lore submod - Elven Division v1.0 released - Dwarven Division v0.1

This is a great submod and should be implemented in the mod.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackomur89 View Post

Thanks a lot Blackomur89!

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Blackomur89 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you. Aikanár may as long as he wants, but this is very nice and continuing work and I am happy that it is in relation with RR/RC mod.

I am not so passionate lover of LotR, am satisfied with only movies (lazy to read books generally ), but this mod really helps to raise atmosphere of playing TATW. Now, I even delayed playing of TATW for some time cause I am waiting that PB stabilise his RR/RC mod and Aikanár finish all factions.

So, Aikanár, stop reading forums and go back to work! So I can enjoy in your work as pure player!

I never asked for a script to kill half-elven characters or something like that. In any case, the game is barely long enough to have more than one generation of humans, having elves dying like flies would be pretty stupid.

I just proposed the idea that being an half-elven should provide different bonii/traits/whatever, depending on whether said character stayed immortal or not. Now given that this whole choice cannot really be made anymore, as Elrond's children can only become mere mortals by marrying a human, that might be considered unnecessary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you. Aikanár may as long as he wants, but this is very nice and continuing work and I am happy that it is in relation with RR/RC mod.

I am not so passionate lover of LotR, am satisfied with only movies (lazy to read books generally ), but this mod really helps to raise atmosphere of playing TATW. Now, I even delayed playing of TATW for some time cause I am waiting that PB stabilise his RR/RC mod and Aikanár finish all factions.

So, Aikanár, stop reading forums and go back to work! So I can enjoy in your work as pure player!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil View Post
    I never asked for a script to kill half-elven characters or something like that. In any case, the game is barely long enough to have more than one generation of humans, having elves dying like flies would be pretty stupid.

I just proposed the idea that being an half-elven should provide different bonii/traits/whatever, depending on whether said character stayed immortal or not. Now given that this whole choice cannot really be made anymore, as Elrond's children can only become mere mortals by marrying a human, that might be considered unnecessary.
    *nods*
    No problem mate, I think I got you now
    Since the Dúnadain Division is not made yet, and since I do agree with you in having special boni for half-elven, we'll see how it ends up. There will be a half-elven trait one way or the other, that's for sure.

Puh and after a hell of a 1000 km drive, I'm back home from holidays.

Elfhelm's Avatar Biarchus

Breathes a hefty sigh of relief! there will still be time to grows some shrubs and sing a few songs! Joy!Yay!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elfhelm View Post
    Breathes a hefty sigh of relief! there will still be time to grows some shrubs and sing a few songs! Joy!Yay!

Don't worry mate

Blog Entries

Default Re: Middle-Earth Lore submod - Elven Division v1.0 released - Dwarven Division v0.5

Dwarven Division v0.5 is up

Default Re: Middle-Earth Lore submod - Elven Division v1.0 released - Dwarven Division v0.5

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Dwarven Division v0.5 is up

very nice. downloading now

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

This is great you don't seas to amaze me!
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Senator

hello, love the mod, i am currently working on a military rank system, i was wondering do you know if the books contain any lore about the ranks? right now i have just the "movie" generic ranks (captain of Gondor as an example) i think i have an old dusty copy of return the of king but im not sure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    hello, love the mod, i am currently working on a military rank system, i was wondering do you know if the books contain any lore about the ranks? right now i have just the "movie" generic ranks (captain of Gondor as an example) i think i have an old dusty copy of return the of king but im not sure
    Thanks, nice to hear you like it Saladin

Concerning military ranks there are just a few mentioned.
    • Marshal of the Mark (anc for three of them is included in TA:TW 1.1 Vanilla)
    • Captain (scene between Beregond and Pippin)
    • Lieutenant (like Lieutenant-General, Sauron and Gothmog are called Morgoth's Lieutenants)
    I can't remember any more off-hand.
    Last edited by Aikanár; June 28, 2009 at 11:40 AM.

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

r u drinking red-bull or something...??? I've just installed d./d. 0.1 ... and now 0.5 comes out... (+rep)

Now something serious .... Do you have any idea if it is going to be included in the next TATW release (whenever done) ? Because you are making a really nice job there and would be sad not to see it as part of the official one....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by koultouras View Post
    r u drinking red-bull or something...??? I've just installed d./d. 0.1 ... and now 0.5 comes out... (+rep)

Now something serious .... Do you have any idea if it is going to be included in the next TATW release (whenever done) ? Because you are making a really nice job there and would be sad not to see it as part of the official one....

Never, save with Jaegermeister or Wodka

Nah, kidding

The reason why it's v0.5 and not v0.2 is, because I'm advancing faster as I was expecting this time.
    But all in all there's a hell of a lot work still to do.
    Concerning your question. I do not know. No Dev has approached me and I've approached no Dev.
    I do not know, if the Devs like my work, but I assume, that if they might like it and might like to include
    it, then they might wait till the very final version. At last, that would be what I would do, if I was a Dev.
    Wait and see, let things come and when something is realy final, then decide whether it's worth it or not
    to be included. But this is just my guess, hence no clue at all

Senator

hmm, okay, think it's time for some heavy reading thanks for those few thoughh! i'll do some research, i have the rank system set up, i was just wanna make it more appropiate to the LOTR lore. if i can do that in a manner that i think is up to par, if you want ill give you what i have as a contrib to this oustanding mod.

also i i have to say im really like the way you handled the different houses, ive been trying to add different houses to different bloodlines traits that i make for whichever mod im playing for a while, well done! looking forward to more!

Blog Entries

hmm, okay, think it's time for some heavy reading thanks for those few thoughh! i'll do some research, i have the rank system set up, i was just wanna make it more appropiate to the LOTR lore. if i can do that in a manner that i think is up to par, if you want ill give you what i have as a contrib to this oustanding mod.
    If I'll come across other ranks while researching, I'll let you know
    Rank-systems and every emerging trait will be a matter of the Middle-Earth Lore v3.0, which will be the
    Total Trait Conversion. Hence, take your time mate, take your time
    But if it will suit the mod then and you still would like to contribute, I'll gladly include it.
    In any case, thank you for your proposal, I will keep it in mind.

also i i have to say im really like the way you handled the different houses, ive been trying to add different houses to different bloodlines traits that i make for whichever mod im playing for a while, well done! looking forward to more!
    Words like these keep me going, thank you very much mate
    Last edited by Aikanár; June 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM.