Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empire Total War White Screen Error

Default Re: Empire Total War White Screen Error

Fellow Total Warriors:

In ETW, a bunch of folders are created in C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\... AFTER the game executes.
    These folders are also the location of your saved games in a save_games subfolder.

If you were using some sort of mod, be sure that you delete The Creative Assembly folder
    and its subfolders BEFORE trying to reinstall Steam & ETW. If you want to keep your saved games, copy them somewhere else until you are up and running again, and be aware that these are most likley Mod specific.

Otherwise, when the game tries to start up, you will get the white screen with an error message "Empire.exe has encountered a problem ..."etc.

I hope this is helpful.

Gaius Flavius

about the same problem for me only that i can load my campaign and then after 10 minutes I get a whitescreen with the standard a problem has occured etc. from windows might be the patch screwing up my game, shall try to load another save, try a new campaign and then go to Sega support I have another computer which can run empire does any one know how to get your save on another computer

i found out more it crashes around 1745 something is wrong with that turn

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ulan1990 View Post
    about the same problem for me only that i can load my campaign and then after 10 minutes I get a whitescreen with the standard a problem has occured etc. from windows might be the patch screwing up my game, shall try to load another save, try a new campaign and then go to Sega support I have another computer which can run empire does any one know how to get your save on another computer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulan1990 View Post
    i found out more it crashes around 1745 something is wrong with that turn
    Please don't double post - edit the previous post......

I'd suggest not trying to continue an old campaign with the 1.3 patch.

You can move the save files from one PC to another. Personally I used a USB memory stick for this. If you don't have one simply email the file to yourself. Send it from one PC and log onto the same account on the other PC.

I've played a Prussian campaign to 1800 and a United Provinces campaign until 1760.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

ok, that sucks, it just started to get really interesting (being at war with the dutch,spanish, marathas 2 native american nations, prussia, poland lithuania and persia), well going to ask sega for support and otherwise start a new campaign thanks for the reply

edit: new computer installed yesterday, couldn't save my campaign, at least it runs verywell on high now
    Last edited by Ulan1990; June 28, 2009 at 09:08 AM.

Hello I'm new here and to the TW games in general, so now for the real reason I posted here
    anyways, I've been playing Empire: Total War for a couple of weeks now and up until recently I didn't really have problems aside from the game occasionally crashing, though recently, I tried continuing my campaigns and loaded games, and then the game crashes with the "empire.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience." message after the white screen, then I tried starting a new campaign and the same thing happens. Then I tried uninstalling steam and the game, restart the computer and re-download steam and the game, then re-installing, and yet the same thing still happens... (multi player mode still works though)
    I hope I don't have to do a complete re-installation of my OS or anything like that just to get the game working like it used too.
    P.S sorry for resurrecting the topic, seemed like the most logical thing to do
    Last edited by sovietmisaki; August 24, 2009 at 01:22 AM.

Hello everyone so how have you been?
    Listen i have a similar problem. I was playing empire total war like usually and It all began when i installed shogun 2 total war but it didn't work so i decided to update my nvidia drivers (2 updates actually) and after the installation shogun 2 still didn't work then i tried to play empire total war and it didn't work either.
    At least Napoleon total war works... for now.
    I have tried to resurrect empire total war but nothing yet happened. I have tried a few patch's , reinstalling the game, using CCleaner, Using RegCure... etc, but doesn't work.
    What should I do?

Tugatuga17
    _____
    | . . |
    | . |
    |. .|
    \ /
    --

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...Does-not-start sound familiar?

Ever install any mods? Ever do any modding yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...Does-not-start sound familiar?

Ever install any mods? Ever do any modding yourself?
    Hello, well i check the link and it's a little similar.
    About the mods, I have installed Empire total factions, because, well you know.
    It turns out that i had 3 updates to do, so i did it but still no changes...
    When i start the game, i can see the letters "Empire Total War" but before the mouse becomes that TotalWar mouse, the game just freezes for 1 or 2 seconds, turns all white, closes and apologizes for the inconvenient.
    Could be worse, i could miss the letters saying empire total war... jut trying to remain positive.

Tugatuga17
    Last edited by tugatuga17; May 08, 2011 at 11:02 AM.

Delete the mods, delete teh scrpts folder, verify game cache, then try it in this order.

If it worked before this should do it.

Delete the mods, delete teh scrpts folder, verify game cache, then try it in this order.

If it worked before this should do it.
    Hello again,
    So since i have reinstall so many times i trust that the mod isn't there anymore.
    About the scripts folder... well i don't know where is located so i cutted the following "all_scripted.lua" to my documents as a backup.

I am planning on to reinstall again hopefully it will work this time.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...mpire-Napoleon for reference. If you did not delete it, odds are some of the mod leftovers are in there.

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...mpire-Napoleon for reference. If you did not delete it, odds are some of the mod leftovers are in there.
    Hello, i trust that you have seen my private message. I'm sorry. However, i have good news i followed the steps to erase the scripts folder, and now (after the re installation) it works 99,9%

Thank you, I am forever in your debt

You're welcome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12